Thread: Natalie Portman Equates Consuming Meat to Nazi-Era Atrocities

Exclamation Natalie Portman Equates Consuming Meat to Nazi-Era Atrocities

I wonder what she thinks of 50 million aborted children?

And where have I heard this argument before?

Natalie Portman Equates Consuming Meat to Nazi-Era Atrocities

https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...ra-atrocities/

18 Jul 2018

Actress Natalie Portman compared consuming meat to crimes committed during the Holocaust in a video paying tribute to famed writer and animal welfare rights activist Isaac Bashevis Singer, released Monday by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

Highlighting a passage from Singer’s famed autobiographical novel Shosha, Portman says in the controversial video,“We do to God’s creatures what the Nazis did to us.”

“Nowadays, many of us speak up for animals, but it wasn’t always like this,” the actress adds. “Decades ago, one man articulated the plight of animals so boldly that the modern world couldn’t ignore him.”

Times of Israel writes:

In 2009, a German court banned PETA from comparing meat eating to the Nazi slaughter of Jews, and forbade it to use photos of concentration camp inmates and other images of the Nazi genocide alongside photos of abused animals in a campaign it called Holocaust on your Plate.

The banned German PETA campaign included eight large panels showing black-and-white images of emaciated concentration camp inmates next to full color photos of chickens, turkeys and other animals fattened for the slaughter. One poster bore the slogan, in German, “Final Humiliation” and another read “For animals, all people are Nazis.” A photo of children in a concentration camp stood next to one of piglets in a stall. Under them was the caption “Child Butcher.”

Once asked why animal welfare was a cause close to his heart, Singer replied, “I did not become a vegetarian for my health. “I did it for the health of the chickens.” Portman, a longtime vegan, notes Singer was also a staunch advocate for both gay and women’s rights.

In the Nobel laureate’s story The Slaughter, Singer tells a gut-wrenching tale about a young man’s tribulations in balancing his love for animals and job as a ritual slaughterer. “As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be no peace, no liberty, no harmony,” the slaughterer is quoted in Singer’s story. “Slaughter and justice cannot dwell together.”

Portman’s PETA video appearance comes just months after the Jerusalem-born Oscar winner’s refused to accept the 2018 Genesis Prize — which is acclaimed as the ‘Jewish Nobel’ — after Israel’s staunch military response to Palestinian terrorist attacks across the Gaza border.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And with that said, I'm off to have a meal of veal scallopini.

I think animals should be treated better. Weak Vegetarianism that allows eggs or dairy might be realistic. I not sure what to think of a pure Vegan diet.

For now, but I do still eat meat and try to find Free Range animal products.

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health. “I did it for the health of the chickens.”
    If chickens weren't tasty, they'd be extinct. Unless, of course, folks like Portman decide to adopt them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I think animals should be treated better. Weak Vegetarianism that allows eggs or dairy might be realistic. I not sure what to think of a pure Vegan diet.

For now, but I do still eat meat and try to find Free Range animal products.
    If you approach from a perspective of "humane slaughter", there is no logical conclusion but pure, total veganism.

Does it really matter how much "free range" you're going to give an animal, if all that is going to ultimately happen is you killing it in the prime of it's life?

Another dumb celebrity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you approach from a perspective of "humane slaughter", there is no logical conclusion but pure, total veganism.

Does it really matter how much "free range" you're going to give an animal, if all that is going to ultimately happen is you killing it in the prime of it's life?
    Well for one a free range animal is going to have a better omega fat ratio and higher nutrient content, a caged animal typically eats grains - supplementing grains is one thing but a diet based almost solely on grains is really atrocious. So for health reasons it is much better to have a free range animal.

I also don't see any harm in treating animals well while they are alive, and giving them the least painful death possible. Clearly animals feel pain, and can even be tortured. But hey, they could be deer stressed as $#@! out in the woods every day looking around for predators constantly that eventually gets eaten by a wolf.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Wasn't Adolph Hitler a noted Animal Rights advocate and conservationist?
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-18-2018 at 05:24 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Wasn't Adolph Hitler a note Animal Rights advocate and conservationist?
    Rumores are he had one ball , a german shepherd and liked to piss on his girlfriend , so yes most likely .
    Do something Danke

#microFACIST
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He didn't eat meat, he was a leftist holier than thou.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    If chickens weren't tasty, they'd be extinct. Unless, of course, folks like Portman decide to adopt them.
    I ate some healthy chickens just minutes ago... thank you Singer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Well, risking a charge of reductio ad Hitlerum, I'd respond yes, yes he was.

He was also an anti smoker.

Isaac Bashevis Singer has some good quotes. This one is my favorite. (I think I even used it as my sig at one time)

"When a human being kills an animal for food, he is neglecting his own hunger for justice. Man prays for mercy, but is unwilling to extend it to others. Why then should man expect mercy from God? It is unfair to expect something that you are not willing to give."
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well for one a free range animal is going to have a better omega fat ratio and higher nutrient content, a caged animal typically eats grains - supplementing grains is one thing but a diet based almost solely on grains is really atrocious. So for health reasons it is much better to have a free range animal.

I also don't see any harm in treating animals well while they are alive, and giving them the least painful death possible. Clearly animals feel pain, and can even be tortured. But hey, they could be deer stressed as $#@! out in the woods every day looking around for predators constantly that eventually gets eaten by a wolf.
    You're missing my point...please note I said "from a perspective of humane slaughter".

Now, if free range animals give higher yield and higher quality meat for a given time span, then fine, so be it, as long as the market demands it.

But to approach it from a standpoint of "well lets make sure these cute animals live comfortably, until we brutally kill them and roast them on a fire" just gives the anti-protein crowd ammunition.

Harvesting animals for meat is a resource, no different than digging gold out of the ground or chopping down trees or drilling for oil.

I hunt and fish and kill my own livestock strictly following a metric of efficiency, time and cost, which just so happens to result in or demand a clean, fast kill.

But it has nothing to do with the "feelings" of the prey or livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Isaac Bashevis Singer has some good quotes. This one is my favorite. (I think I even used it as my sig at one time)

"When a human being kills an animal for food, he is neglecting his own hunger for justice. Man prays for mercy, but is unwilling to extend it to others. Why then should man expect mercy from God? It is unfair to expect something that you are not willing to give."
    When a human being kills a plant for food, he is neglecting his own hunger for justice. Man prays for mercy, but is unwilling to extend it to others. Why then should man expect mercy from God? It is unfair to expect something that you are not willing to give.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some things are too idiotic to reply to.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

That's why you don't see me posting very often.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Rumores are he had one ball , a german shepherd and liked to piss on his girlfriend , so yes most likely .

Why are you spending such terrible rumors about Hitler?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I think she spent too much time with Leon.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're missing my point...please note I said "from a perspective of humane slaughter".

Now, if free range animals give higher yield and higher quality meat for a given time span, then fine, so be it, as long as the market demands it.

But to approach it from a standpoint of "well lets make sure these cute animals live comfortably, until we brutally kill them and roast them on a fire" just gives the anti-protein crowd ammunition.

Harvesting animals for meat is a resource, no different than digging gold out of the ground or chopping down trees or drilling for oil.

I hunt and fish and kill my own livestock strictly following a metric of efficiency, time and cost, which just so happens to result in or demand a clean, fast kill.

But it has nothing to do with the "feelings" of the prey or livestock.

Sailors have a history for their cruelty.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That's why you don't see me posting very often.

I thought you were just giving us a break.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I know, but I replied to you anyway because I believe people can learn and change. Perhaps you thought my Statement was empty sarcasm; it was not. For me to believe that I have a right to eat animals but not humans, I must believe that humans have different rights than animals. For you to believe that you have a right to eat plants but not animals, you must believe that animals have different rights than plants. Why do you think animals have different rights than plants?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Why are you spending such terrible rumors about Hitler?
    I think they are true
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I thought you were just giving us a break.
    No, it's just that once I have made my views known, there is no use in beating a dead horse.

No, it's just that once I have made my views known, there is no use in beating a dead horse.
    But properly cooked,, there is Eating the Dead Horse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You've got a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You may need to beat the steaks to soften them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment