81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 16.05%
  • No

68 83.95%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So tired of hiding behind "not voting for Trump, but..."

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    You say "Conservative" a sif it were better in any way whatsoever. Do you not remember that it was a conservative President that signed the Patriot Act, that began the endless War on Terrorism, that tortured people, that began spying on the public, and so much more? Do you not remembe rthat John "Obamacare isn't a tax and is legal" Roberts was a conservative appointee?

Conservative, Democrat, Left or Alt. Left, they're all just as bad.
    I don't ignore the fact that people, especially in politics, do not practice what they preach and that in the past few decades in Washington, the line between left and right amongst the leaders are often blurred (different side of the same coin), especially in foreign policy and domestic policy matters.

What Justice Roberts did was a slap in the face to all conservatives. Overall, though, his voting record was much better than ones the left have nominated. Same is true for those Justices who have been hailed as true conservatives. Are they perfect, no, but I still take them over those Justices who are militant progressive liberals.

Between Hillary and Trump, I think there is a much greater chance that he will nominate more conservative judges compared to her. Perhaps even a Judge Napolitano. With her, there is no chance at all. I'll take a small chance over a no chance.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    WW3 is absolutely my biggest concern with trump. Tariffs + fomenting religious and racial intolerance + belligerent rhetoric + general ignorance of world affairs is a bad formula for an unstable world.
    Or we can just had everything back to the globalists to decide our future, I'm sure they have our best interests in mind. They worship owls, they must be wise.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Or we can just had everything back to the globalists to decide our future, I'm sure they have our best interests in mind. They worship owls, they must be wise.
    Right.

And let's not forget that it was under Obama when race relations worsened to what they are now. This idea that Hillary will be better for race relations is a complete farce. She will continue the policies which have made minorities dependent on the government and slaves to the machine, and will continue to foment racial discord for political gain.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Johnson is better on some things and Trump is better on some. But, my line in the sand is our national sovereignty and Trump is much better on that. I think the Trans Pacific Partnership will be the last nail in our coffin. That is how strongly I feel about it. Johnson said he'd sign it and Trump said he wouldn't. Trump is against international ruling bodies about our own Congress and ceding our sovereignty thusly (or so he says) and Johnson is not. It's as simple as that for me.
    I guess we need to define better. To me better means more individual liberty and limited constitutional government. National sovereignty could mean anything. Trump wants to build a wall, increase government spending, raise the minimum wage, continue the war on drugs, etc, etc.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Not so sure about that. Recent polls show that what previously seemed a certainty is increasingly an open question, a close call. Furthermore, the Teamsters are not endorsing, they're staying neutral, for the first time since... maybe ever.
    Hmmm, I did not know that. Thanks.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Although I would never cast a vote for the man, I do hope he is elected for the comedic factor and to see how all the fervent trumpsters here react when he enacts his globalist, big-government, war-mongering policies. Although I imagine most of them would be getting exactly what they wanted.

...it is my opinion that if trump had a 'd' after his name and hillary an 'r' and they had both said the same things they've said...any democrat hillarytard fans here would be sucking for trump and the republican trumptards here would find a twisted reason to vote for hillary...word...

...stinking. republicrats. all.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not afraid of anything, I'm not voting at all in this election or any other for the foreseeable future because I have some massive hangups about the U.S. Constitution and its enmity with the Christian religion. You might call me a Trump supporter simply because I think he's the least terrible of the people running for office, and I might even go so far as to encourage those who are going to vote to vote for him, but my stance on not voting is a matter of general principle, not one of being afraid of what loud-mouths like Joe Rogan and Gary Johnson's other various social-libertine stormtroopers think of me.

I would like to add that if there is a poll asking whether or not one will vote for Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, or anyone else, I will likewise vote no.

Did I miss anything?

I voted no. I'm not voting for President. My options are restricted. You'll never explain away Mike Pence in a positive manner. Its not possible. Trump had 300 million Americans to choose from and he picked Mike Pence. Pence is not a Paleocon: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...on-reform.html

We have either 4 years of comedy with Trump or 4 years of watching the deterioration of a woman whose health is failing. Trump understands the Republican base. He out pied pipered the Neocon's puppets which is a feat in of its self and two game playing brown nosers. I'm against binge drinking so I will not propose we start a drinking game based on Hillary's health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Right.

And let's not forget that it was under Obama when race relations worsened to what they are now. This idea that Hillary will be better for race relations is a complete farce. She will continue the policies which have made minorities dependent on the government and slaves to the machine, and will continue to foment racial discord for political gain.
    Under Hillary the divide between the sexes will widen as much as the divide between the races has under Obama.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Under Hillary the divide between the sexes will widen as much as the divide between the races has under Obama.
    She'll probably kill more non-combatants with drones than Obama, not that her supporters care.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    Although I would never cast a vote for the man, I do hope he is elected for the comedic factor and to see how all the fervent trumpsters here react when he enacts his globalist, big-government, war-mongering policies. Although I imagine most of them would be getting exactly what they wanted.
    Thread winner. I think this is the likely outcome. I won't vote Hillary for obvious reasons, but sure as hell not voting Trump either. I do think Trump "may" win and if he does I will love to watch all those who seriously advocate for him (as opposed to those who simply vote to stop Hillary but really don't like Trump) squirm when Trump enacts Universal Childcare, Universal Healthcare, massive debt increases and infrastructure spending, gun control AKA no fly no buy, etc etc.

I'm in the "You're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.... it's all going down man!" - camp. Who you vote for is meaningless. Whether Trump or Hillary wins is irrelevant... this country is screwed. The table has been set for massive economic collapse of the financial system, war, etc.

EDIT: I am showing up to vote, however. I won't vote for POTUS, but will be voting in my state's local elections, ballot measures, etc. Local is where it's at.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I do think Trump "may" win and if he does I will love to watch all those who seriously advocate for him (as opposed to those who simply vote to stop Hillary but really don't like Trump) squirm when Trump enacts Universal Childcare, Universal Healthcare, massive debt increases and infrastructure spending, gun control AKA no fly no buy, etc etc.
    Followed by the inevitable collapse of the dollar. And with Trump in charge it'll get blamed on capitalism. That's why I'm rooting for Hillary. Unfortunately I think if the election were held today Trump would win by a landslide. I think there's a lot of people who are going to vote Trump that won't admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Followed by the inevitable collapse of the dollar. And with Trump in charge it'll get blamed on capitalism.
    This times a million. The Sanders/Stein option will be very sellable and free market libertarians will be pariahs, even though it will have nothing to do with free markets.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I do think Trump "may" win and if he does I will love to watch all those who seriously advocate for him (as opposed to those who simply vote to stop Hillary but really don't like Trump) squirm when Trump enacts Universal Childcare, Universal Healthcare, massive debt increases and infrastructure spending, gun control AKA no fly no buy, etc etc.
    As long as there are less brown people, they'll be thrilled.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    National sovereignty could mean anything.
    It has a very specific meaning...we are all serfs to the swamp-dwellers in DC. Empowering the government to provide national security is a hell of a lot different than proclaiming it sovereign. It's the difference between liberty and shackles.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Much more comfortable with globalist elite tinkering than WW3.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    Why can't my fellow Trump supporters on this site grow a spine like the man they support and come out from hiding? I see so many of you hiding behind this line "I'm not voting for Trump, but..." and every thread is nothing but support for him, almost as regularly as CPUd is posting opposition to him.

Why? What are you afraid of?

I'm voting for him. I know I can't raise funds for him here or organize rallies and stuff, but I hope it's not against the site guidelines to at least admit the truth. Why is it so hard for anyone else to admit it? Clearly many want to see Hillary defeated. Clearly many like what Trump has to say. So why the reluctance to give him your vote in November? Or are you just reluctant to admit you will?
    Neither candidate approaches the litmus test for acceptability.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Much more comfortable with globalist elite tinkering than WW3.
    Then perhaps you can understand why people support Trump - many believe the global elite are FAR more sinister and likely to start more wars of destruction than some random dude. I know that's my view, and I have seen far too much and done far too much research to be persuaded that globalists merely "tinker".
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Voting is either one of two things: worthless, or tacit approval of the system.
    Third possibility: it is a pragmatic act for playing the hand you have been dealt.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Neither candidate approaches the litmus test for acceptability.
    Exactly my POV.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    Why can't my fellow Trump supporters on this site grow a spine like the man they support and come out from hiding? I see so many of you hiding behind this line "I'm not voting for Trump, but..." and every thread is nothing but support for him, almost as regularly as CPUd is posting opposition to him.

Why? What are you afraid of?

I'm voting for him. I know I can't raise funds for him here or organize rallies and stuff, but I hope it's not against the site guidelines to at least admit the truth. Why is it so hard for anyone else to admit it? Clearly many want to see Hillary defeated. Clearly many like what Trump has to say. So why the reluctance to give him your vote in November? Or are you just reluctant to admit you will?
    Because he is a piece of $#@!. That's why. I hope that's honest enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    She'll probably kill more non-combatants with drones than Obama, not that her supporters care.
    Easily. One use of Obama has been to turn the Dems into war apologists. Hillary would turn them into John McCain in blue ties.
    I am the spoon.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Because he is a piece of $#@!. That's why.
    Well and succinctly put

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Third possibility: it is a pragmatic act for playing the hand you have been dealt.
    If you're playing a hand, you're playing the game, and that is an approval.

I'm not playing...the house always wins.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Because he is a piece of $#@!. That's why. I hope that's honest enough for you.
    You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.

Yep.
    There is no spoon.

The difference is, that in this game, whether we play our hand or not, the consequences at the end affects everyone, including those who have already folded and even those who are just sitting by and watching the game.

In this game, everyone's chips are at stake.

The question is: do we sit by and simply let the house win, or do we take a chance and play the hand we have, hoping for another chance?

I have folded before and I have just sat by and watched the game, and in the end, every time, my chips get less and less.

This time I am playing the crappy hand dealt to us because the house's hand looks even worse, and maybe, just maybe, the house burns and, taking whatever chips we have left, we can play the next round, and hope for a better draw.

Why this time? I am afraid that this round may bankrupt us once and for all, regardless if we play the hand or fold.

I understand you may disagree, and I respect that. I just want you to understand how I and other Ron Paul supporters are approaching it. It does not mean that we are against liberty or sell outs, or have lost our principals and ideals. I am not going to agree with Trump's anti-Liberty and big government plans and I'll call them out every time. Rather, it means we see the house might just be beaten this round. It means we are fighting for another day.
    Last edited by TER; 09-16-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    +

Not necessarily. It could be a tactic for survival.

If a mugger holds me at gunpoint demanding my wallet, if I give it to him does it mean I approve of being robbed?

One might play to buy time, for example, by seating a less-evil candidate who might take longer to do a given amount of damage.

I do believe there are valid reasons for playing this game. That does not imply that I approve of it, but only that it has been foisted upon me. If I do NOT play, it can as easily be said that I approve of the crap because I made no move to countervail.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The good news about this thread is that (currently) less than 15% of respondents said they were voting for Trump. That's encouraging.

And despite their posting frequency, we are only talking about 10 people, and at least one of those was joking. So, despite what it might look like to an observer, this board has not become a haven for Trump-style authoritarianism.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The good news about this thread is that (currently) less than 15% of respondents said they were voting for Trump. That's encouraging.

And despite their posting frequency, we are only talking about 10 people, and at least one of those was joking. So, despite what it might look like to an observer, this board has not become a haven for Trump-style authoritarianism.
    No. But it may soon be living under the authoritarianism of Hillary Clinton.
    +

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast