Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Brannon is neck-and-neck with Richard Burr!

Greg Brannon is neck-and-neck with Richard Burr!

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's great news ! I do think he got in the race a little late .

By the way, I just posted this on my FedBook page, and shared with friends.

Somebody needs some endorsements from the other candidates pronto
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Last edited by presence; 02-13-2016 at 10:54 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Riding the Trump/Cruz coattails is Brannon's plan. Last time around, he employed Saber/Rothfeld and built his campaign around direct mail. He raised (and spent) millions, and failed to force Tillis (the establishment candidate) to a runoff. Part of it was because the conservative opposition was split several ways, and part of it was that Tillis just had millions more to spend on television advertising, and did.

This time the amount of time for the campaign is MUCH shorter. Brannon is not using Saber/Rothfeld (although, strangely, he's still using the same campaign manager from last time, whose employment was a condition of Rothfeld agreeing to work with him). Rather than using direct mail, Brannon seems to be relying on social media. He has produced a couple of radio commercials, although they haven't aired yet, but the crux of his campaign is going to be based around recruiting volunteers to work polling locations. His theory is that most people showing up to vote will be doing so primarily for the Presidential race, and will be undecided about or unaware of the Senate primary. He thinks that if he has enough poll workers, he can snag the people who are coming out to vote Cruz/Trump, but aren't committed in the Senate race.

We'll see if it works.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I live in western NC and just like the last time he ran there is no evidence of him anywhere to be found. You would never know he is running. Also, just heard this today, the state is being forced to redistrict their redistricting as some court said the original redistricting in two districts was racially unbalanced. So, the legislature has asked for a stay but are redrawing the district lines and if this cannot be done before March 15 they are going to have to reschedule the primary....anyway, too bad Brannon doesn't do more politicking so people know who he is.

Final voting tomorrow.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Unfortunately that is just a straw poll, not a scientific poll.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This has given me some inspiration to vote in the NC primary. Burr needs to go.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This has given me some inspiration to vote in the NC primary. Burr needs to go.
    Please vote !!! You don't have to vote for President, but I'm going tomorrow specifically to vote for Brannon. Otherwise, I would be staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Please vote !!! You don't have to vote for President, but I'm going tomorrow specifically to vote for Brannon. Otherwise, I would be staying home.
    My sentiment exactly. Is Rand still on the NC ballot?

From my understanding, yes.

is the day N.C.!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hooray for me, I have no idea who those folks are.

Would be great if Brannon can knock off Burr like Brat defeated Cantor...

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Yes. I voted for Rand last week in early voting.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I live in western NC and just like the last time he ran there is no evidence of him anywhere to be found. You would never know he is running. Also, just heard this today, the state is being forced to redistrict their redistricting as some court said the original redistricting in two districts was racially unbalanced. So, the legislature has asked for a stay but are redrawing the district lines and if this cannot be done before March 15 they are going to have to reschedule the primary....anyway, too bad Brannon doesn't do more politicking so people know who he is.
    Greg Brannon ran a very bare bones campaign. Having loads of cash to spend on "politicking" as you say, is only for the establishment. He did everything he could with the limited funds he had.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Greg Brannon ran a very bare bones campaign. Having loads of cash to spend on "politicking" as you say, is only for the establishment. He did everything he could with the limited funds he had.
    Did Trump and Cruz hold events in NC? Hopefully they put Brannon campaign information into every hand at those events.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    He was having town-hall meetings though out my area. I really wanted to make it to the Hickory area one but something came up that day.

Anyway. Punched Brannon on the ticket. we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    So which candidate's coattails is he riding?
    Trying to ride the coattails of both Cruz and Trump simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did Trump and Cruz hold events in NC? Hopefully they put Brannon campaign information into every hand at those events.
    Yes, they did, and volunteers were dispatched to both. I spoke to a volunteer who went to both Trump and Cruz events, and she told me that Cruz event attendees were much more interested in Brannon than those going to see Trump. Make of that what you will.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Yes, they did, and volunteers were dispatched to both. I spoke to a volunteer who went to both Trump and Cruz events, and she told me that Cruz event attendees were much more interested in Brannon than those going to see Trump. Make of that what you will.
    Interesting. Probably needed two different fliers.

At the Trump rally: "Vote Brannon! Make the US economy great again! Jobs for America! Secure our borders!"
    At the Cruz rally: "Vote Brannon! Support the Constitution! Stand with Israel!".

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    You need at least 5-6 million to run a worthy Senate campaign. Knocking off an incumbent? Better triple that number.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    From http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/north-carolina

373,203 votes, 15% reporting (408 of 2,709 precincts)

Richard Burr ...... 231,201 ... 62.0%
    Greg Brannon ...... 95,725 ... 25.6%
    Paul Wright ......... 28,163 .... 7.5%
    Larry Holmquist ... 18,114 .... 4.9%
    $#@!e !! Well I did my part. These dumbasses keep re-electing the same garbage over and over again.

$#@!e !! Well I did my part. These dumbasses keep re-electing the same garbage over and over again.
    You're right about that. I don't feel as bad as an Arizonian would about McCain getting re-elected, but come on NC! Burr!?!?!?! AGAIN!? WTF!?

You're right about that. I don't feel as bad as an Arizonian would about McCain getting re-elected, but come on NC! Burr!?!?!?! AGAIN!? WTF!?
    I'm heart broken. We make such a big deal of the presidential election, yet these bimbos in the Congress are really the ones in control. Yet, over and over again, we sign off on them for another fricken six year ??????? I do have to say, next time around Brannon needs to enter the race earlier and do some astounding things to get media attention. I never saw much at all in the local media, that he was even running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast