Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Farm-Export Prices Drop Most Since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    O, how the mighty have fallen. Once upon a time, some of the big name posters on this forum used to have principles, never used to sound like statist but now Trump is in power, they have lost what's left of their minds.

You continue to make this sort of posts, be rest assured that I will be waiting in the wings to call you out. Oh yea boys, I will be the small govt constable keeping an eagle eye out for statist mayhem and malfeasance in this forum. And I got my eye on you
    Please provide a power point presentation with appropriate graphs.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Financing equipment is a mistake . We have never done that . If prices drop and weather cooperates you can basically make enough off of , say , wheat ( etc ) to cover seed , fertilizer , fuel , property tax and make a few bucks , if prices go up and the same then about the same again and make more than a few bucks . Notice that margin does not really fit with a new million dollar combine with interest payments . I oppose bailouts .
    Just because you've never done something means it is a bad idea. Taking out loads to buy equipment for a business is something many people do all the time. You talk like someone who has never run any business in your life.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sources for what?
    What you claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Please provide a power point presentation with appropriate graphs.
    I am trying to keep it on a level you would understand. No reason complicating the conversation when words would do.

Just because you've never done something means it is a bad idea. Taking out loads to buy equipment for a business is something many people do all the time. You talk like someone who has never run any business in your life.
    Different types of business can tolerate different types of risk . I have ran many , many successful businesses without bailouts , tax money or bankruptcy . The difference between them and I is I actually know what I am doing . If they do not , bankruptcy is right for them . Tax money , Not.
    Do something Danke

What you claimed.
    Source for the claim that heavily indebted people who are on the edge may go bankrupt when a govt via its intervention in the market causes a 17% drop in the product they are selling?

If this what you are asking me, then I would need to start you off with a remedial econ 101 lesson. And I dunno if I have that much free time to devote to you.

I am trying to keep it on a level you would understand. No reason complicating the conversation when words would do.
    I'm visually oriented.

Source for the claim that heavily indebted people who are on the edge may go bankrupt when a govt via its intervention in the market causes a 17% drop in the product they are selling?

If this what you are asking me, then I would need to start you off with a remedial econ 101 lesson. And I dunno if I have that much free time to devote to you.
    I thought you were here to edify me? Get snappin'. Please include graphics.

That's some funny $#@! right there. You 19 year olds crack me up.

The price of silver has dropped probably 19 percent this summer due to paper market manipulation ( futures shares trading unbacked by a physical asset ). One of the very few businesses that actually operates on as slim of a margin as farming . I somehow doubt though that coin dealers are expecting a govt bailout .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-15-2018 at 05:05 PM.
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm visually oriented.
    Then you would understand this much better

I thought you were here to edify me? Get snappin'. Please include graphics.
    I am here to call u out not hold your hands. I will leave the edifying to people who have the patients for teaching div students.

Then you would understand this much better

Words.

I am here to call u out not hold your hands. I will leave the edifying to people who have the patients for teaching div students.
    So ya basically got nothing?

Different types of business can tolerate different types of risk . I have ran many , many successful businesses without bailouts , tax money or bankruptcy . The difference between them and I is I actually know what I am doing . If they do not , bankruptcy is right for them . Tax money , Not.
    Exactly, different kind of businesses operate differently, my guess u never ran the a business with slim profit margins and operated by borrowing money from banks. The problem I have is when u trying to insinuate that businesses using that type of funding are doing it wrong.

The problem comes when govt affect their business with stupid laws. A statist once said the same about minimum wage hikes, he told me that businesses that cannot make it with a small hike in the minimum wage deserves to go out of business.

Like mandating ethanol in gas?

Exactly, different kind of businesses operate differently, my guess u never ran the a business with slim profit margins and operated by borrowing money from banks. The problem I have is when u trying to insinuate that businesses using that type of funding are doing it wrong.

The problem comes when govt affect their business with stupid laws. A statist once said the same about minimum wage hikes, he told me that businesses that cannot make it with a small hike in the minimum wage deserves to go out of business.
    Actually if you cannot survive a small hiccup it is doing it wrong , if it is something you care to keep doing . Most of the businesses I have run are very small profit margin . They just happened to be the types of things I was interested in . But that is why I profited and others do not .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Like mandating ethanol in gas?
    Ya that is horrible .
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So ya basically got nothing?
    You cannot bait me into going that line of talk. I know you have this answers but your bias and your hero worship for Trump has stunted your thinking faculty.

By the way . If I sell beans for 9.00 , 10.00 or not at all I am still good for next year . No bailout requested , I will though be OK with @Danke buying me a shot of 100 proof bourbon .
    Do something Danke

You cannot bait me into going that line of talk. I know you have this answers but your bias and your hero worship for Trump has stunted your thinking faculty.
    As I said, nothing.

Actually if you cannot survive a small hiccup it is doing it wrong , if it is something you care to keep doing . Most of the businesses I have run are very small profit margin . They just happened to be the types of things I was interested in . But that is why I profited and others do not .
    Hmm, a small hiccup like a small increase in the minimum wage? reminds me of someone I know

As I said, nothing.
    A small govt constable keeping an eagle eye out for statist mayhem and malfeasance in this forum

Hmm, a small hiccup like a small increase in the minimum wage? reminds me of someone I know
    I am not accustomed to effing around with minimum wage work of any type but if I were I would just pass the increase to the customer and tell them it is due to govt requirements and list any politicians on their ballot in the menu that caused the hamburger to cost more . Of course I do not believe in any minimum wage .
    Do something Danke

A small govt constable keeping an eagle eye out for statist mayhem and malfeasance in this forum
    I have no idea who you are talking about.

Going into debt with OPM is not always a bad thing, but for many farmers it is because the collateral they have to put up is their land. Default, lose the farm and your children's inheritance.

My cousins have a farm that their grandfather and father grew in size by leasing land and saving until they could purchase. They did this strategy throughout the years while others bowered and went bust in lean times or when interest rates increased. Remember Farm Aid?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Going into debt with OPM is not always a bad thing, but for many farmers it is because the collateral they have to put up is their land. Default, lose the farm and your children's inheritance.

My cousins have a farm that their grandfather and father grew in size by leasing land and saving until they could purchase. They did this strategy throughout the years while others bowered and went bust in lean times or when interest rates increased. Remember Farm Aid?
    It is unwise to finance farm equipment if you want to survive and thrive in the future . Cash is the way to go.
    Do something Danke

Neither does he.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Not surprised that went over your head.

Not surprised that went over your head.
    Huh?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast