Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experienced bitcoin folks, I'm planning on getting in. Advice, please.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    When I use the term "bankers", I'm actually referring to the CFR, the UN and their bosses, not the guy behind the counter at the local branch or even the stock desk guy on Wall St. Those that seek to turn the people into literal slaves laboring for something that only exists in their imagination, exercise complete control of all commerce and institute global communism. Blockchain certainly fits that bill, don't you think?
    Good point. We can really stick it to 'em, by not falling for their bitcoin tricks, and keeping our money in USD. That'll show 'em who's boss

Or we can put all our money in gold, and then we'll never again run out of paperweights we can use. Gold is pretty versatile like that. Lot of different uses for gold. You can put it into schlager to make goldschlager. You can make a grill for your teeth. Very useful it is
    Last edited by TheTexan; 11-28-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Good point. We can really stick it to 'em, by not falling for their bitcoin tricks, and keeping our money in USD. That'll show 'em who's boss
    I like metals but whatever floats your boat. This is ronpaulforums, after all.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like metals but whatever floats your boat. This is ronpaulforums, after all.

Metal's usually not a good choice for floating boats
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Metal's usually not a good choice for floating boats
    Touche'.

Then again, all boats used to be floated by metals Not many voyages were financed with bitcoins...

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Or we can put all our money in gold, and then we'll never again run out of paperweights we can use. Gold is pretty versatile like that. Lot of different uses for gold. You can put it into schlager to make goldschlager. You can make a grill for your teeth. Very useful it is
    Are you OK?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are you OK?
    Not really. I've run out of good things to watch on Netflix so now I'm forced to watch all the $#@!ty things on Netflix.

Kind of depressed about it to be honest.
    - Kim Kardashian

+rep

Not really. I've run out of good things to watch on Netflix so now I'm forced to watch all the $#@!ty things on Netflix.

Kind of depressed about it to be honest.
    Fox News has some excellent and original viewpoints recently. It's great.

Lately I've even preferred it over watching football or playing with my kid.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 11-28-2017 at 11:05 PM.

I wouldn't use localbitcoins, the extra cost is substantial. Also sellers have been jailed for money laundering so it wouldn't surprise me if they start going after buyers. There are many bitcoin ATMs so depending on your location that may be the easiest and quickest way to get Bitcoin if you don't want the bank account route.

https://coinatmradar.com/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Fox News has some excellent and original viewpoints recently. It's great.
    The snake has started to eat its own tail again.

Last edited by devil21; 11-29-2017 at 03:28 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Plenty of good stuff to watch / listen to on Youtube, also some alternatives like Bitchute have potential.

Then there's Tom Woods podcasts, LIbertarian Institute / Scott Horton Podcasts, Mises.org lectures and stuff...

Netflix is basically going on a diet of poo.

Please don't pay poo-peddlers.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That's a coincidence. Someone I know who doesn't do any investing wanted to know about how to invest in bitcoin.

What is it they say about a market, stock or commodity when everyone starts talking about it and wants to get in?
    Several more people have asked since the above post. Non-technical, non-investors want to "get-in"...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Several more people have asked since the above post. Non-technical, non-investors want to "get-in"...
    I have zero interest in investing but Craigslist now offers sellers the ability to indicate they will accept cryptocurrency. But I can't find a good tutorial explaining how I, as a vendor, can accept it.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I have zero interest in investing but Craigslist now offers sellers the ability to indicate they will accept cryptocurrency. But I can't find a good tutorial explaining how I, as a vendor, can accept it.
    Can't help you there. But like accepting credit cards, fees and transaction costs should be evaluated. I've heard that this is currently a downside with bitcoin.

Do you do things in person or online? In person I've used the blockchain.info app and it works well.

You as the seller put in the amount you're after, if you're using bitcoin or ether, it displays a QR code on your phone. The buyer scans the code from your screen and sends you the bitcoin or ether. You're done.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Do you do things in person or online? In person I've used the blockchain.info app and it works well.

You as the seller put in the amount you're after, if you're using bitcoin or ether, it displays a QR code on your phone. The buyer scans the code from your screen and sends you the bitcoin or ether. You're done.
    Craigslist is usually local. How do you do conversions? As in, I'm selling this for $100 and I will accept bitcoin...

Check out bitpay. It's what all the retailers that "accept" bitcoin use, or at least variations of that theme. It's nothing more than an exchange that converts bitcoin to dollars and deposits the dollars to your bank account. Supposedly.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Craigslist is usually local. How do you do conversions? As in, I'm selling this for $100 and I will accept bitcoin...
    The blockchain.info wallet app will do the conversion for you at the current rate.

I wouldn't look into bitpay unless you were doing a serious amount of transactions or had a website that was doing on demand sales.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The blockchain.info wallet app will do the conversion for you at the current rate.

I wouldn't look into bitpay unless you were doing a serious amount of transactions or had a website that was doing on demand sales.
    What Danno said. It can display USD or BTC with a click. One of the easiest wallets to use and blockchain.info has been around for years.

Check out bitpay. It's what all the retailers that "accept" bitcoin use, or at least variations of that theme. It's nothing more than an exchange that converts bitcoin to dollars and deposits the dollars to your bank account. Supposedly.
    Yes,, bitpay makes it stupid simple. But it also takes an hour to totally confirm the transaction.... and a bare minimum of 10 minutes to do a 1st confirmation (which might not stick). not exactly ideal. but this is a weakness of bitcoin, not the bitpay service.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Thanks.
    look out Monero with Kovri... Monero guys are hardcore privacy.. really can't go wrong with Monero. Just expensive fees.

Can't help you there. But like accepting credit cards, fees and transaction costs should be evaluated. I've heard that this is currently a downside with bitcoin.
    fees will always be a downside of a popular crypto until scaling is solved. (hard problem). there are other coins that can be used for small transactions with cheaper fees.

Ya I dunno, I bought an oz of gold pretty recently and only paid a $.50 transaction fee, but I did try and move some crypto the other day and it was asking for a bit higher fee that time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Use binance if you want to buy altcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    OK. Every time I look at bitcoin since its phenomenal rise I've made excuses not to get in. Starting in the New Year I'm gonna take a modest plunge. I will invest $200 to kick it off and then another $200 a month.

So, if you can help me, how do I get started? I know there are several different companies that deal in it and these are called "wallets." Correct.

Which one should I buy through?
    Are there fees?
    Do I make my purchases through a debit card?
    Is my "wallet" a website I trade through on my laptop (I don't use a smartphone) and I surmise it is protected by a pass-code.
    If I wish to sell, how do I go about that? Would transfers be directed in $US to a bank account?
    Seems like worlds ago

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12