Thread: Glenn Jacobs up by 17 votes in County Mayor race!!!

Thumbs up Glenn Jacobs up by 17 votes in County Mayor race!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Pro-liberty candidate Glenn Jacobs (WWE's Kane) is up for Knox County Mayor by 17 votes at final count!!!

Glenn Jacobs and Brad Anders continue to be neck and neck, now with every precinct reporting in the Knox County mayoral Republican primary.

Jacobs is leading Anders, 14,633-14,616, a total of 17 votes. It is unlikely that the race will be called Tuesday night.

SOURCE:
    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...yor/564415002/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome sauce! Somewhere I have a picture with him and my sons. I hope he wins!

Side note....how does he cram himself into that car?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

That is Collins car .
    Do something Danke

LOL that was his campaign gimmick
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If I had that car it would be rockin' a LIttle Tykes Cozy Coupe paint job.

Then I would drive it off a cliff.

His speech is now posted in the original link...

Here is a video and interview with Glenn:
    http://www.wate.com/news/glenn-jacob...014/1154376487

"We even have an extremist InfoWars guest in our election for Knox County mayor. Glenn Jacobs, Republican candidate and former wrestler, once popped up on Jones’ program for a chummy and bizarre 22-minute chat about “the state’s monopoly on currency,” police state tyranny of the Transportation Security Administration, persecution of homeschoolers, and globalist monetary scheming.

Even more revealing are Jacobs' articles on a radical libertarian website. He wrote in 2013, opposing sales tax on internet sales, “As with all tax programs, it will transfer resources from the productive sector of the economy to the parasitic sector.” Damn those parasitic kids and their insistence on schools, books and teachers.

Jacobs wrote in the same article, “If politicians were truly interested in fairness, they would eliminate coercive taxation from the marketplace altogether.” Wow, that’s going to make paying for Knox County government services impossible. That same year Jacobs wrote, “Unfortunately, our great nation can no longer afford compromise and bipartisanship,” absolutism he justified in defense of liberty and property. So how does one ever get agreement on a zoning ordinance or storm-water plan? Must we perpetually be suing one another rather than agree on a set of rules for living together in communities?"
    SOURCE:
    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/opini...ace/549967002/

Will he take a steel chair to the democrats? Stay tuned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Saw him in it a Calhoun's on the River once in Knoxville. It's ridiculous for sure. He should have used the campaign slogan "Head and shoulders above the rest!", because anytime I saw him in a crowd that was the case.

He won.

WWE’s Kane wins the Republican primary in Tennessee mayoral race

In the ring, he’s Kane, a “monstrous” wrestler with a “sadistic” streak. But to East Tennesseans, he’s also Glenn Jacobs, the owner of a local insurance firm who wants to “do his part” to grow small business and shrink big government.

In a battle Tuesday between the two, it looks like Jacobs, who’s running for mayor of Knox County, Tenn., won. The 7-foot-tall, 300-pound WWE athlete clinched the Republican primary election by just 17 votes.

“A lot of people look at me and say, ‘Oh, he’s that wrestler guy. That’s why people voted for him,’” Jacobs, 51, told Knox News. “That may have gotten my foot in the door with some people. Certainly, the novelty of someone like me running in a race like this, but in the end it was the message.”
    hxxps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/02/wwes-kane-wins-the-republican-primary-in-tennessee-mayoral-race/?utm_term=.013c344d7ef8
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Didn't know he was doing this. Good for him. Great for him! He's an intelligent guy. I hope he will be able to manage effectively and make a big difference for good in the county. He's "mayor" (unusual terminology) of the whole county now, BTW, not just of a town or city. Almost half a million people there -- this is no "major of Big Water, Utah," as the LP had for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Didn't know he was doing this. Good for him. Great for him! He's an intelligent guy. I hope he will be able to manage effectively and make a big difference for good in the county. He's "mayor" (unusual terminology) of the whole county now, BTW, not just of a town or city. Almost half a million people there -- this is no "major of Big Water, Utah," as the LP had for so many years.
    True. It is a big deal. The current governor of Tennessee was previously mayor of Knoxville.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.