Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That sounds like the argument that blames the US for gun violence in Canada.
    I don't care what it sounds like, it is correct.

If drugs are illegal everywhere in the world, and one city legalizes drugs.. then you are going to get a massive influx of drug users in that city. That city is going to have a drug problem that is highly exacerbated by the fact that everywhere else drugs are illegal. Then people use that city as an example of why they need to keep drugs illegal, when in fact, if drugs were legalized then you wouldn't have the drug haven problem in any of them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't care what it sounds like, it is correct.

If drugs are illegal everywhere in the world, and one city legalizes drugs.. then you are going to get a massive influx of drug users in that city. That city is going to have a drug problem that is highly exacerbated by the fact that everywhere else drugs are illegal. Then people use that city as an example of why they need to keep drugs illegal, when in fact, if drugs were legalized then you wouldn't have the drug haven problem in any of them.
    The complaint isn't about an influx of whores and johns.

It's about things that legalization is supposed to solve:

sex worker health crisis, pimps, human trafficking, and rampant unreported abuse of women.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The complaint isn't about an influx of whores and johns.

It's about things that legalization is supposed to solve:

sex worker health crisis, pimps, human trafficking, and rampant unreported abuse of women.
    Lol, ya, but there is an influx of whores and john's... both women who are prostitutes and men who want prostitutes are being attracted to that area. And that is why the problems are exacerbated.

Nobody said legalizing will solve all of the problems, just that providing women who choose to have sex for money police services and the ability to obtain a safe working environment is far better than when it is illegal and they do not have the ability to obtain those things. However, in a haven environment, what problems do exist will be exacerbated.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Lol, ya, but there is an influx of whores and john's... both women who are prostitutes and men who want prostitutes are being attracted to that area. And that is why the problems are exacerbated.

Nobody said legalizing will solve all of the problems, just that providing women who choose to have sex for money police services and the ability to obtain a safe working environment is far better than when it is illegal and they do not have the ability to obtain those things. However, in a haven environment, what problems do exist will be exacerbated.
    It doesn't seem to be working.

Nevada is a much better case to use when making that argument, so far I haven't heard about any major problems there.

Some things just attract darkness and allowing them may cause more trouble than legalization is supposed solve.

I'd say the jury is still out on prostitution.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't seem to be working.
    Because it's a haven... but I would disagree, I think most prostitutes there on average are better off than they were. There are just a lot more of them.

Nevada is a much better case to use when making that argument, so far I haven't heard about any major problems there.

Some things just attract darkness and allowing them may cause more trouble than legalization is supposed solve.

I'd say the jury is still out on prostitution.
    There are a lot of problems in Vegas, in general, crime, etc.. because of gambling.. mostly because it is a haven. Prostitution is illegal in Vegas and Reno, it is only legal in a few counties in Nevada and they are far away from the tourist areas. Thus, few people go there, and the ones who do they charge a LOT of money from what I have heard.. which keeps a lot of people from going there in the first place.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-16-2019 at 04:51 PM.

I only have one question.

@Danke??

Because it's a haven...

There are a lot of problems in Vegas, in general, crime, etc.. because of gambling.. mostly because it is a haven. Prostitution is illegal in Vegas and Reno, it is only legal in a few counties in Nevada and they are far away from the tourist areas.
    The Nevada counties that allow prostitution should have the haven problem but I never hear about it.
    If you want to make the case for legalization you should find out why that is.
    The haven explanation doesn't ring true to me, it's exactly like blaming the US for Canadian shootings.
    If legalization makes things better it should make things better, at least after an initial transition period.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Nevada counties that allow prostitution should have the haven problem but I never hear about it.
    Try going there some time. It's out in the middle of nowhere, there is nothing to do, it's hot as hell... The prostitutes don't want to live there, the john's don't want to go there. As far as I know, these are all tiny towns out in the middle of the desert, hours away from any tourist stuff.

If you legalized prostitution at the north pole, I doubt it would become a haven.

If you want to make the case for legalization you should find out why that is.
    The haven explanation doesn't ring true to me, it's exactly like blaming the US for Canadian shootings.
    If legalization makes things better it should make things better, at least after an initial transition period.

The same thing happens with drugs, there were always a lot of drug addicts in Amsterdam even though drugs were illegal - weed was legal. Herb doesn't make people drug addicts, but some people who like herb like other drugs, and people who like drugs in general tend to like herb as well. It created a haven and a lot of drug addicts ended up there. But the reason they were there, as opposed to say in the UK or Germany or wherever they would have been otherwise was because it was illegal in those places so they moved to the haven and created worse problems there.

Try going there some time. It's out in the middle of nowhere, there is nothing to do, it's hot as hell... The prostitutes don't want to live there, the john's don't want to go there. As far as I know, these are all tiny towns out in the middle of the desert, hours away from any tourist stuff.

If you legalized prostitution at the north pole, I doubt it would become a haven.
    You are hurting the case for legalization with that explanation.
    The next question is why doesn't the area turn into n entertainment district that's more attractive to the staff and customers?

The same thing happens with drugs, there were always a lot of drug addicts in Amsterdam even though drugs were illegal - weed was legal. Herb doesn't make people drug addicts, but some people who like herb like other drugs, and people who like drugs in general tend to like herb as well. It created a haven and a lot of drug addicts ended up there. But the reason they were there, as opposed to say in the UK or Germany or wherever they would have been otherwise was because it was illegal in those places so they moved to the haven and created worse problems there.
    Legalizing only weed is like only legalizing prostitution for green eyed redheads, full legalization of prostitution should mitigate the very problems that are being cited as having worsened.

After an initial transition period the whores should have solved any health crisis because they can go to doctors easily and give them accurate information, they shouldn't have a problem with pimps because they can go to the police if anyone attempts to extort or coerce them, there shouldn't be a human trafficking problem because it is a haven and they should have all the voluntary whores they want and there shouldn't be an abuse problem because they can work in the open with security and they can turn violent johns in to the law.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Russian media compared crash to Miracle on the Hudson, when jet successfully crash-landed in New York
    Looks like the Russkies are good at river ditchings, too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hbsYDpeto

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Looks like the Russkies are good at river ditchings, too ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hbsYDpeto
    He ran out of gas.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ominous signs for United Airlines are found in a new report on airline traffic between China and the United States that airline data behemoth OAG released on Tuesday.
    With a slowing Chinese economy and unresolved trade tensions between China and the United States, airline traffic between the two nations has notably slowed. But the OAG data indicates some U.S. gateway markets are getting hit worse than others.
    In news that cannot be good for United Airlines, traffic to and from China out of San Francisco and Chicago, two hubs where United operates nonstops to several Chinese destinations, is not so robust as it is elsewhere.
    The data analysis from OAG’s Becca Rowland indicates most of the significant growth in traffic to and from China is happening at two U.S airports in particular — Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and New York City’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK).
    Rowland attributes this in no small part to the fact L.A. and New York City are home to the largest numbers of residents of Chinese descent — 500,000 in L.A. and 750,000 in N.Y.C.
    For the 12 months ending in April, OAG found that LAX airline traffic to and from China was up 8.5 percent, and up 3.5 percent year over year at JFK.
    OAG, however, noted no comparable bump in traffic to and from China out of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), which is where United has established its principal gateway to China from the U.S.
    A United spokesman on Tuesday said the carrier operates one nonstop to Shanghai from LAX, but that’s it for United’s China service from Los Angeles.
    The news was even less upbeat regarding Chicago, where United continues to operate nonstop flights from O’Hare International Airport to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
    OAG noted that passengers flying from China and connecting to onward flights via O’Hare plummeted nearly 20 percent year over year through April. OAG also noted a similar near 20 percent drop in connecting passengers from China out of SFO.

One eye-opening chart in the new OAG study shows that between September 2018 and August 2019, 3,635 frequencies on routes between popular LAX and China were flown by China-based airlines such as Hainan Airlines and China Southern, while 1,392 frequencies were operated by U.S.-based carriers.
    It has long been known that Chinese travelers, given a choice, prefer to fly with China-based carriers. That predilection isn’t likely to change in the near term.
    Meanwhile, for now, United isn’t backing off China service from either Chicago or San Francisco. In fact, the carrier plans to add a second nonstop between SFO and Hong Kong in October, even though the Asian financial capital has been rocked lately by massive throngs of political protesters.

More at: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...-in-china.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have been gone for a week . Has Danke done anything ?
    Do something Danke

Ominous signs for United Airlines are found in a new report on airline traffic between China and the United States that airline data behemoth OAG released on Tuesday.
    With a slowing Chinese economy and unresolved trade tensions between China and the United States, airline traffic between the two nations has notably slowed. But the OAG data indicates some U.S. gateway markets are getting hit worse than others.
    In news that cannot be good for United Airlines, traffic to and from China out of San Francisco and Chicago, two hubs where United operates nonstops to several Chinese destinations, is not so robust as it is elsewhere.
    The data analysis from OAG’s Becca Rowland indicates most of the significant growth in traffic to and from China is happening at two U.S airports in particular — Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and New York City’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK).
    Rowland attributes this in no small part to the fact L.A. and New York City are home to the largest numbers of residents of Chinese descent — 500,000 in L.A. and 750,000 in N.Y.C.
    For the 12 months ending in April, OAG found that LAX airline traffic to and from China was up 8.5 percent, and up 3.5 percent year over year at JFK.
    OAG, however, noted no comparable bump in traffic to and from China out of San Francisco International Airport (SFO), which is where United has established its principal gateway to China from the U.S.
    A United spokesman on Tuesday said the carrier operates one nonstop to Shanghai from LAX, but that’s it for United’s China service from Los Angeles.
    The news was even less upbeat regarding Chicago, where United continues to operate nonstop flights from O’Hare International Airport to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
    OAG noted that passengers flying from China and connecting to onward flights via O’Hare plummeted nearly 20 percent year over year through April. OAG also noted a similar near 20 percent drop in connecting passengers from China out of SFO.

One eye-opening chart in the new OAG study shows that between September 2018 and August 2019, 3,635 frequencies on routes between popular LAX and China were flown by China-based airlines such as Hainan Airlines and China Southern, while 1,392 frequencies were operated by U.S.-based carriers.
    It has long been known that Chinese travelers, given a choice, prefer to fly with China-based carriers. That predilection isn’t likely to change in the near term.
    Meanwhile, for now, United isn’t backing off China service from either Chicago or San Francisco. In fact, the carrier plans to add a second nonstop between SFO and Hong Kong in October, even though the Asian financial capital has been rocked lately by massive throngs of political protesters.

More at: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...-in-china.html
    That's a bummer. I hope we don't down size the Chicago flights to the 787. I was hoping we'd get the bigger models of the 777...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have been gone for a week . Has Danke done anything ?
    Just the usual.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just the usual.
    -REP for encouraging the Injun.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Are you admitting that your usual activities are deficient?
    @oyarde will love to hear that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You can purchase his silence with firewater but not too much or it will have the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    You can purchase his silence with firewater but not too much or it will have the opposite effect.
    No one with half a brain trust an Injun anyway, so why bother.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Are you admitting that your usual activities are deficient?
    @oyarde will love to hear that.
    Danke is starting to feel guilty about his sloth , neglect etc . so there is that improvement . However he is still at the beginning stage of this great awakening and will lash out and say something hurtful about the one he loves and admires most . I am still optimistic though .
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    That's more in @Anti Federalist's line.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's more in @Anti Federalist's line.
    It's Danke's fault.

United Airlines is suspending daily service from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport to Hong Kong starting next month, the company confirmed to CNN Saturday. “While our service between the United States and HKG (Hong Kong) remains a vital part of our network, we have decided to suspend service between ORD (Chicago) and HKG after the return flight from HKG on Sept. 9, 2019,” the company said in a statement.
    United Airlines did not cite the ongoing protests in Hong Kong as a reason to cancel the direct route. Instead, the airline said that it has seen “a reduced demand for travel from Chicago.” Despite the suspension between Chicago and Hong Kong, “United remains the largest U.S. airline to HKG,” the company added.

United is also planning to suspend service between Guam International Airport (GUM) and Hong Kong starting on October 14, a change that was previously announced.
    At the same time, United Airlines confirmed to CNN that it will add a second flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong this fall to complement its existing service. “We look forward to our upcoming addition,” the company added.

More at: https://whnt.com/2019/08/25/united-a...and-hong-kong/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

United Airlines is suspending daily service from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport to Hong Kong starting next month, the company confirmed to CNN Saturday. “While our service between the United States and HKG (Hong Kong) remains a vital part of our network, we have decided to suspend service between ORD (Chicago) and HKG after the return flight from HKG on Sept. 9, 2019,” the company said in a statement.
    United Airlines did not cite the ongoing protests in Hong Kong as a reason to cancel the direct route. Instead, the airline said that it has seen “a reduced demand for travel from Chicago.” Despite the suspension between Chicago and Hong Kong, “United remains the largest U.S. airline to HKG,” the company added.

United is also planning to suspend service between Guam International Airport (GUM) and Hong Kong starting on October 14, a change that was previously announced.
    At the same time, United Airlines confirmed to CNN that it will add a second flight between San Francisco and Hong Kong this fall to complement its existing service. “We look forward to our upcoming addition,” the company added.

More at: https://whnt.com/2019/08/25/united-a...and-hong-kong/

This is has made me very sad. I will now no longer be able to help many disadvantaged young women there.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Al Haynes, who piloted crash-landed Flight 232 in Sioux City in 1989, dies at 87

https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/al...fe9176e.html#6

At age 57, Haynes was captain of United Airlines Flight 232, which was bound from Denver to Chicago. After the DC-10 jet suffered a catastrophic failure of its tail-mounted engine, which resulted in the loss of many [all] flight controls, Haynes and his crew were forced to make an emergency landing at the Sioux City airport. The jet stayed afloat while the pilots made a series of 360-degree turns to the right as it approached the airport.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The original movie that "Airplane" was based on:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

@Danke is doing something...lots of fresh content from him.

Owe ya a rep.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast