Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Donald Trump take a dive last night?

Did Donald Trump take a dive last night?

Seriously. I only caught the last half of the debate and it was horrible. From what I heard on the recap he did allright at first talking about the TPP and such. But on national security he got routed. And he shouldn't have. That was a perfect time to say "Hillary, your aids jepordized national security by leaving classified documents in the trunk of a car. You said you didn't even know whether or not you had training about how to handle classified emails. How can the American people trust you with on national security with a record like that?"

Worst point in the night, Hillary brought up the "Ms Piggy" and "Ms housekeeper" comments, which I'd never even heard of and don't even know if they are true. Perfect comeback for Trump would have been "Hillary, at least I'm not being sued by the Benghazi families for lying about lying to them. How can you with a straight face say you didn't lie to those families when you lied to the entire country about what caused the Benghazi attacks?"

Instead, Trump went on some stupid ramble about how he attacked Rosie O'Donnell because "Everybody knows she deserved it" (conclusory and untrue statement), and how "Hillary has been attacking me with negative ads and I haven't been attacking her" and how "I could attack her on Bill's indiscretions but I'm too nice."

Ummm......so Donald......why aren't you attacking Billary? During the GOP nomination you were viscious to Dr. Ben Carson. You were viscious to Ted Cruz. You were viscious to Rand Paul and to others. You spent your own money to slime them on the airwaves. You got your buddies at Saturday Night Live to jump in on the act. But you can't attack Billary? Why not? And if you can't, then why don't you just step down as the nominee and allow Mike Pence to pick up the pieces?

Is this the reason you can't attack Billary?

Seriously, the main reason the Trump trolls gave for supporting Trump was "He would smash Hillary in the debates." Well...last night...he didn't. Some other nominee wouldn't have had all of the baggage that Trump has to overcome. Good grief, anyone who thinks Rand Paul or Ted Cruz couldn't have done better last night deserves to be dunged and feathered. Tar is too good.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    because there are 2 more debates and he is playing it smart and waiting to attack her. if he attacked her now the only place he could go after this debate is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    because there are 2 more debates and he is playing it smart and waiting to attack her. if he attacked her now the only place he could go after this debate is down.
    yes. and he looked Presidential. Besides, I don't think Ripping Hillary apart will win him many undecideds, though It would be satisfying for Hillary Haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    yes. and he looked Presidential. Besides, I don't think Ripping Hillary apart will win him many undecideds, though It would be satisfying for Hillary Haters.
    He lost undecides last night anyway. The focus groups of undecided voters showed that. He attacked Hillary, it's just that his attacks were stupid. He attack Hillary for running attack ads against him and not being "nice." Sorry. That didn't make him look presidential. It made him look whiny.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Most of his attacks, he got LOL'd at to his face because they were so dumb.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He kicked Hillay's ass on the TPP. But when he tried to attack her on her temperment he looked like a jackass. That would be like Rosie O'Donnell attacking Star Jones for being fat.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Not at all -
    Secretary Clinton on record here for everybuddy all wanting government expansion and business regulation to get
    even more companies to leave for Mexico and China and Thailand.

I think Secretary Clinton is hurt but survived sorta, except for the NAFTA and her Libya "mistake"
    - I sure hope SNL Cold Case mocks the very tacky repeated naming of Clinton's website when ya' got nothin' to say - LOL

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He lost undecides last night anyway. The focus groups of undecided voters showed that. He attacked Hillary, it's just that his attacks were stupid. He attack Hillary for running attack ads against him and not being "nice." Sorry. That didn't make him look presidential. It made him look whiny.
    lol a RPF member that trusts Frank Focus Group.... talk about double standards.

A) I didn't see any Frank Focus Groups last night.

B) Let's say they were Frank Focus Groups? And? Was Frank wrong about Ron Paul's chances of winning?

Seriously dude, one thing our critics got right is that we never came close to winning. Donald Trump's appeal was supposedly he could win. Last night he just didn't show it. Not even kind of. Seriously, do you think his comeback to Hillary's attack about him calling a Latina beauty queen "Ms Piggy/Ms Housekeeper" by saying "You're attacking me in attack ads" and "Rosie O'Donnell had it coming to her?" Seriously? That was stupid as hell and in your heart of hearts you know it is.

The focus groups are not couched at all:

Seriously, do you think his comeback to Hillary's attack about him calling a Latina beauty queen "Ms Piggy/Ms Housekeeper" by saying "You're attacking me in attack ads" and "Rosie O'Donnell had it coming to her?" Seriously? That was stupid as hell and in your heart of hearts you know it is.
    Trump is playing 3D chess. I think it was on purpose to tone it down a lot.

CNN focus group? LOL. Bigger LOL. They even acknowledged they polled 75% Dems with 25% Repubs.

Trump is playing 3D chess. I think it was on purpose to tone it down a lot.
    You didn't actually read what I wrote and apparently you didn't watch the debate. Attacking Rosie O'Donnell out of the blue was not "toning it down." He made himself look like an ass without scoring any points against his actual opponent.

CNN focus group? LOL. Bigger LOL. They even acknowledged they polled 75% Dems with 25% Repubs.
    Are you seriously that ignorant of what happened? The poll was not the focus group. The focus group was of 20 undecided voters. The poll was of over 500 registered voters who were watching the debate. It just so happened that more democrats watched the debate than republicans. I'm not saying they shouldn't have oversampled for republicans. But to use the argument you are about a poll and applying it to the focus group is just stupid.

I thought Clinton lobbed him the perfect softball, but he totally whiffed on it. She was doing some tough talk on cyber-warfare and getting tough with Russia.

Would have been the easiest time to say, "Really, Hillary? With all of your email troubles, do you think anyone is really going to trust you with cyber-security?" Would have made the news and played over and over. He didn't even swing on it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

He didn't take dive or elevate himself, all he did was convince onliners majority that he defeated Hillary in the debate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6321243

Is this the reason you can't attack Billary?

Apparently he had promised his advisors that he will be nice to Hillary because she is a woman etc.

Politics can make strange bed fellows at times.

I watched the full debate and I was very confused.... Trump looked and sounded horrible. The first 30 minutes he held his own... the rest was all Hillary. She and Holt were able to make Trump look foolish and inexperienced... Trump didn't help himself, either.... He gave crazy stupid answers to some easy questions. He had, IMO, a TERRIBLE performance.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously, do you think his comeback to Hillary's attack about him calling a Latina beauty queen "Ms Piggy/Ms Housekeeper" by saying "You're attacking me in attack ads" and "Rosie O'Donnell had it coming to her?" Seriously? That was stupid as hell and in your heart of hearts you know it is.
    Where was the response:

"You talk about me berating women? You have accepted millions of dollars in illegal, pay to play donations to the Clinton foundation from foreign countries that treat woman horrendously; Countries that subjugate women, deny them their human rights and their human dignaty. Countries that stone women to death after being the victims of rape. You have a lot of gal lady to accuse me, a man who has employed thousands of women, many in the highest positions of my companies, when it is you who have betrayed thousands of women all over the world."

?????

Where was that response???

And what was with the agreeing with her all night long? He must have agreed with her at least 5 times.

Well if HE is gonna agree with her so much, then why don't we just vote for her?

That was the most piss poor performance I've ever seen in any debate.
    Last edited by Dary; 09-27-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Trump tried to tone it down. Hillary and her team did their homework. They knew how to bait Trump. Amateur politicians often have this problem. They take questions at face value and attempt to answer them, which makes them easy to manipulate and lead around.

Professional politicians dismiss quickly when set-up and change the subject. Really good politicians can turn it around. Being defensive and dwelling on it is a losing strategy, and they trapped Trump like that over and over.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Where was the response:

"You talk about me berating women? You have accepted millions of dollars in illegal, pay to play donations to the Clinton foundation from foreign countries that treat woman horrendously; Countries that subjugate women, deny them their human rights and their human dignaty. Countries that stone women to death after being the victims of rape. You have a lot of gal lady to accuse me, a man who has employed thousands of women, many in the highest positions of my companies, when it is you who have betrayed thousands of women all over the world."

?????

Where was that response???
    Trump's ego wouldn't allow that response. He would prefer to talk about himself.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I watched the full debate and I was very confused.... Trump looked and sounded horrible. The first 30 minutes he held his own... the rest was all Hillary. She and Holt were able to make Trump look foolish and inexperienced... Trump didn't help himself, either.... He gave crazy stupid answers to some easy questions. He had, IMO, a TERRIBLE performance.
    Just by watching it and not reading commentary, it takes a bit of mental gymnastics to take away anything much different than this assessment.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He didn't take dive or elevate himself, all he did was convince onliners majority that he defeated Hillary in the debate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6321243

Apparently he had promised his advisors that he will be nice to Hillary because she is a woman etc.

Politics can make strange bed fellows at times.

Strange bed fellows? Only to the...ahemmm....uninitiated. Strange to the appearance of the masses but decidedly unstrange when you know they all work together toward the same goal.

That's George Wallace on the right, the most vociferous of opponents to desegregation.
    "Wallace was elected governor the first time in 1962, with what was the largest popular vote in state history and with the declaration: "I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say, segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
    Last edited by devil21; 09-27-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

@jmdrake, it sounds like your expectations were a bit too high. Quite a bit.

Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 09-27-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Donald Trump was on fire last night. He called Hillary out on TPP, Bill's NAFTA, Hillary on her deleted emails, and even got in that Hillary called young black males 'super-predators'. As usual, Hillary often did nothing to respond but laugh and chuckle it off. I don't know if Hillary was unprepared,or over-prepared, but she looked off of her game. I though she would pose a little bit more of a challenge. I think she didn't know how to handle Donald or was too scared to. She couldn't get away from the script, that sounded like it was written by young staffers. She wasn't able to engage Donald dynamically. Trump had said in the past that he wanted to debate Hillary old-fashioned style, head -to-head. Hillary was not prepared for that or was to afraid to go down that route. I think Donald accurately painted Hillary as an establishment, status-quo politicians whose incapable of bringing real change. Hillary tried to paint Donald as a greedy, racist, sexist bigot; and it fell short. I don't see how Donald took a dive, and after watching this debate, I don't see how anyone thought, or still thinks that Donald is a plant only helping Hillary. If anything, Hillary is plant, helping Donald. He pummeled her at the debate.
    RVO˩UTION

Trump tried to tone it down. Hillary and her team did their homework. They knew how to bait Trump. Amateur politicians often have this problem. They take questions at face value and attempt to answer them, which makes them easy to manipulate and lead around.

Professional politicians dismiss quickly when set-up and change the subject. Really good politicians can turn it around. Being defensive and dwelling on it is a losing strategy, and they trapped Trump like that over and over.
    This is the same garbage CNN tried to spew right after the debate last night. Essentially, you all are saying that Donald over-defended himself. That's ridiculous. I think Trump did a decent job defending himself from Hillary's attack. Hillary's refusal to take Donald's bait, made her look weak and corrupt. When he called her on TPP, she looked weak. When he called her on her emails, she looked corrupt.
    RVO˩UTION

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary looked like she was ready to fall asleep during the whole thing. The only time she got fired up was when she was reaching for her rehearsed attack lines, and even then she came off as a totally ineffectual. She basically just repeated the same empty attacks she's been pushing on media ads; and I think Donald did a good job at painting her as a dirty politician who wastes money on attack ads.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    This is the same garbage CNN tried to spew right after the debate last night. Essentially, you all are saying that Donald over-defended himself. That's ridiculous. I think Trump did a decent job defending himself from Hillary's attack. Hillary's refusal to take Donald's bait, made her look weak and corrupt. When he called her on TPP, she looked weak. When he called her on her emails, she looked corrupt.
    No, Trump looked pathetic and his rambling attempts to defend himself were terrible. During the first half of the debate, I thought he was handling himself well. As soon as he got derailed and went on the defense he sounded really stupid. That response about his temperament was one of the most embarrassing moments I've ever seen in a debate.

Most of the audience has no idea WTF is a TPP, and are tired of hearing about the emails. That's the type of stuff that happens when the candidates run campaigns that are devoid of substance.

Calling 'em like I see 'em.

As for Hillary, there is never a single second where she doesn't look corrupt, and every time her lips move a lie comes out.

Lol...by Presidential you me pissy and whiney? He interrupted 55 times to her 11 times. It took about 5 minutes at most to get under his skin and she quickly opened it to a gaping wound as he bit on just about every taunt.

He is gonna stew on this till the next debate, and mentioning that he's not going to mention something is mentioning something (plenty of folks pointing that out today), but he is so disconnected from the group of people he needs to win over he'll go in swinging to get that dig in at her because that is what he sees as her flaw. He thinks that will throw her off. GL with that one. The type of women he needs have already been talking about that almost invite of Gennifer Flowers and this morning were trickling out the "mansplaining" going on re:last night's performance by your boy Trumpster.

So...bring it on. I'd love to watch this fool show himself in all his flaming glory. I don't think Trump will watch and learn from the mistakes he made last night. All those online polls will be used to shout down his campaign staff trying to explain to him he needs to get undecideds and that means soccer moms need not to see him as a misogynist with a nasty streak a mile wide. His rebuttal on FOX this morning about Miss Housekeeping...yeah, that was just brilliant. Sure is working the Hispanic vote, much less women, there with that one. He just.cant.help himself.

Oh, and Clinton is going to be burning the crap out of him here in the rust belt with that just business snippet about the crashing housing market and flipping properties. And how's that Trump U thingie doing? Did that even get brought up?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Donald Trump seemed to have more weight behind his attacks. Which one of Hillary attacks worked against Donald? As far as I can recall, none of them.
    RVO˩UTION

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast