Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump to announce gun control measures soon

Thumbs down

Hogg Bro pep rally

President Donald Trump meets with students, parents and teachers affected by mass shootings in Parkland, Fla., Newtown, Conn., and Columbine, Colo., at the White House
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm absolutely against it but if that is true the extremity will ensure that it doesn't survive a court challenge.
    The National Firearm act of 1934 did not survive a challenge,, when one was finally heard.

Gun Control Act of 1968 immediately replaced it.

It created the Prohibited Persons class,, "right-less people".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    AF, though you’d be done with him, I’m not seeing the need for bold... it implies that “with compensation” it wouldn’t be so bad...
    No, not at all, with or without is bad.

The "bolding" is just to highlight the fact that multiple sections of the Bill or Rights are being violated.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    I've been waiting for this ever since I read the proposed regulations:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...tocks-quot-POS

And as far as the "it will never stand in court" excuse? Exactly wtf does that have to do with the fact that Trump showed his progressive anti-gun side that anyone who is half ass objective knew was there?
    It's not an excuse, I 100% disagree with Trump about this, even if it doesn't survive a court challenge he is feeding the gun control movement and underming the gun rights movement without any possibility of actually getting any benefit in return, I have made that clear many times.

I am just predicting that it won't survive a court challenge.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

He should just attach a tariff to it somehow--then everyone will love it.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

"Anonymous U.S. officials told CNN."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    "Anonymous U.S. officials told CNN."
    "Anything anyone says about Trump that is bad MUST be true."

Trump is far from perfect but you would think that people could wait until the regulation actually came out considering how often the media lies about him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This has been in the works for months. Everyone knew it would be out very soon. This is not a CNN hit piece.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

"Anything anyone says about Trump that is bad MUST be true."

Trump is far from perfect but you would think that people could wait until the regulation actually came out considering how often the media lies about him.
    Especially CNN for God sakes.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This has been in the works for months. Everyone knew it would be out very soon. This is not a CNN hit piece.
    The details are important and anonymous sources can't be trusted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    CNN also said the caravan was just a couple hundred of people seeking asylum too.

And Jim Acosta said he never touched the intern...pffffft.

The details are important and anonymous sources can't be trusted.
    I don't disagree. But the most important fact is that Trump is supporting gun control.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

It will never survive a court challenge.
    If so, that will give Trump just the incentive he needs to shift his approach to judicial nominations accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If so, that will give Trump just the incentive he needs to shift his approach to judicial nominations accordingly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump administration moves to ban bump stocks

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration moved Tuesday to officially ban bump stocks, which allow semi-automatic weapons to fire rapidly like automatic firearms, and has made them illegal to possess beginning in late March.

The devices will be banned under a federal law that prohibits machine guns, according to a senior Justice Department official.

Bump stocks became a focal point of the national gun control debate after they were used in October 2017 when a man opened fired from his Las Vegas hotel suite into a crowd at a country music concert below, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The regulation, which was signed by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker on Tuesday morning, will go into effect 90 days after it is formally published in the Federal Register, which is expected to happen on Friday, the Justice Department official said.

The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly ahead of the regulation’s formal publication and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

In March, President Donald Trump said his administration would “ban” the devices, which he said “turn legal weapons into illegal machines.”
    https://apnews.com/6c1af80fb290472c89fb930e223505af
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Should have made the terms of my wager longer.

Can't wait to see what he'll sign when the New Bolsheviks take over next year.

I'm figuring the "low hanging fruit" first:

1 - Magazine capacity limits and bans.

2 - Bans on private sales without a government background check.

3 - Background checks for ammo.

4 - Punitive taxes.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-18-2018 at 11:29 AM.

This is just a bone to give the antigun crowd so they don't take away more rights. /fullretard
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm starting to regret supporting Trump. No Wall, no immigration reform, and now bump stock bans.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

It's a good thing he gave us all those Conservative Judges to overturn the unconstitutional laws he really doesn't want passed but has to pass for political capital.

Checks and balances! /fullretardwitha5thgradeunderstandingoftheworld
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

And last but not least:

This isn't even that big of a deal. Bump stocks are kind of gay anyways. /missingthefuckingpoint

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    This is just a bone to give the antigun crowd so they don't take away more rights. /fullretard
    You just don't understand. It was drafted poorly so it won't withstand a court challenge, thus depriving the librals from taking our rights.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt1225 View Post
    I'm starting to regret supporting Trump. No Wall, no immigration reform, and now bump stock bans.
    He hasn't had much support in Congress but he needs to start exerting himself more, if he is going to use military funds to build the wall then it needs to happen now and the same thing goes for anything else he can do on his own like declassifying the FISA documents etc.

He has 2 years left to show me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    You're giving advice to the auther of the "Art of the Deal" on how to negotiate and close deals successfully?
    Seriously?
    I'm negotiating with him about what he needs to do if he wants my vote in 2 years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He hasn't had much support in Congress but he needs to start exerting himself more, if he is going to use military funds to build the wall then it needs to happen now and the same thing goes for anything else he can do on his own like declassifying the FISA documents etc.

He has 2 years left to show me.
    He's the $#@!ing president. He has the bully pulpit, now he's lost congress to the other party thus losing whatever chance he had. But y'all will continue to manufacture fiction on his behalf. This $#@! is beyond stupidity. He had a window, it's gone. Why didn't he get his dumb ass off twitter and address the American people at large? Do I need to tell you or can you figure it out for yourself?
    "The Patriarch"

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He's the $#@!ing president. He has the bully pulpit, now he's lost congress to the other party thus losing whatever chance he had. But y'all will continue to manufacture fiction on his behalf. This $#@! is beyond stupidity. He had a window, it's gone. Why didn't he get his dumb ass off twitter and address the American people at large? Do I need to tell you or can you figure it out for yourself?

Shills gonna shill.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    He never had Congress, the RINOs wouldn't pass or even vote on most of his agenda and they wouldn't kill the 60 vote requirement in the Senate.

McCain killing the O'Bummercare repeal is the biggest example.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He never had Congress, the RINOs wouldn't pass or even vote on most of his agenda and they wouldn't kill the 60 vote requirement in the Senate.

McCain killing the O'Bummercare repeal is the biggest example.
    I don't dispute any of that, in fact that just makes my point. Why did he never go beyond retarded tweets and address the American people? Are you saying he couldn't have done so? Or are you saying he did just that? If you are he wasn't very effective.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast