Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: US judge blocks funds for Trump border wall plan

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Most immigrants living in the country and citizens eligible to vote are Hispanic. However, in recent years, most of the immigrants coming here are from Asia. Maybe we should be looking at how they may be voting in the future?
    We don't want to let in too many of any of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    So do you believe that the 2nd Amendment means you should own an AR-15 and 30 round magazines?
    The 2nd Amendment doesn't list weapons somebody "should" own. It also does not say what you can own. Can I own a nuclear weapon? Is that part of my "right to bear arms"? What about a tank or f-35 jet fully armed with tactical missiles?

Most immigrants living in the country and citizens eligible to vote are Hispanic. However, in recent years, most of the immigrants coming here are from Asia. Maybe we should be looking at how they may be voting in the future?
    Absolutely, if they will change the way my children and grandchildren will live.

- rep for avoiding my point

Absolutely, if they will change the way my children and grandchildren will live.

What exactly was the point? That immigrants hate guns? That they intend to take them from you? Is that why they come to the US? The longer people are in the country the more they become just like everyone else.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 2nd Amendment doesn't list weapons somebody "should" own. It also does not say what you can own. Can I own a nuclear weapon? Is that part of my "right to bear arms"? What about a tank or f-35 jet fully armed with tactical missiles?
    Alright, from here on out, I am totally sympathetic with NCLiberty's view of you. You are a troll.

Weapons of mass indiscriminate destruction should be banned, they are not arms in the traditional sense.
    Anything else should be freely available.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What exactly was the point? That immigrants hate guns? That they intend to take them from you?
    Yes.

Is that why they come to the US? The longer people are in the country the more they become just like everyone else.
    Not when they come in excessive numbers, when that happens then everyone else starts to become more like them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    How do you know who is peaceful and who isn't if you don't have a border and a process of monitoring who comes in and who should be restricted?
    I just watched "Far and Away" starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman today. Great flick... American epic romantic adventure drama. Cruise and Kidman play Irish immigrants seeking their fortune in 1890s America, eventually taking part in the Land Run of 1893.

What I could not figure out is with all the thousands upon thousands of miles of open land that has never been homesteaded, how people are willing to stand in one spot and wait in line to pay a person they never met before, a sum of money for a slice of un-owned land.

I have private property with a private fence. I am also armed. I roam about outside of my property onto public land. It is none of my business who else is on that public land (as long as they have not committed a crime against a person or property). They have no right to restrict my freedom to travel, and I have no right to restrict theirs.

The difference is, anybody is free to come up to me and ask for a handout, and vice versa. Some have, and I have simply responded "NO", and then we each go our separate ways.

When government is involved, I am not able to say or respond "NO". Government uses force, will attach my wages, and/or threaten to jail me.

You have a choice: Support and defend the Bill of Rights, which separates us from other countries. Or not.

Monitoring, restricting, documenting, government eminent domain, etc. REJECT freedom and liberty, which is the ultimate goal of the NWO. If it takes "building a wall" to help achieve that goal, they will certainly do that, and spin the rhetoric to get more people on board with it.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Weapons of mass indiscriminate destruction should be banned, they are not arms in the traditional sense.
    Anything else should be freely available.
    What is a "weapon of mass destruction"? One capable of killing a lot of people? A truck could be used for that. A car plowing into a crowd of people. An AR 15 shooting into a crowd. A dam breaking could cause mass destruction and casualties. Ban dams! One match could cause a fire which kills hundreds and destroys acres. Ban matches!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-27-2019 at 03:28 PM.

What is a "weapon of mass destruction"? One capable of killing a lot of people? A truck could be used for that. A car plowing into a crowd of people. An AR 15 shooting into a crowd. A dam breaking could cause mass destruction and casualties. Ban dams!
    Notice that I said INDISCRIMINATE mass destruction, nuclear and biological weapons can kill millions.

A dam is not a weapon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I just watched "Far and Away" starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman today. Great flick... American epic romantic adventure drama. Cruise and Kidman play Irish immigrants seeking their fortune in 1890s America, eventually taking part in the Land Run of 1893.

What I could not figure out is with all the thousands upon thousands of miles of open land that has never been homesteaded, how people are willing to stand in one spot and wait in line to pay a person they never met before, a sum of money for a slice of un-owned land.

I have private property with a private fence. I am also armed. I roam about outside of my property onto public land. It is none of my business who else is on that public land (as long as they have not committed a crime against a person or property). They have no right to restrict my freedom to travel, and I have no right to restrict theirs.

The difference is, anybody is free to come up to me and ask for a handout, and vice versa. Some have, and I have simply responded "NO", and then we each go our separate ways.

When government is involved, I am not able to say or respond "NO". Government uses force, will attach my wages, and/or threaten to jail me.

You have a choice: Support and defend the Bill of Rights, which separates us from other countries. Or not.

Monitoring, restricting, documenting, government eminent domain, etc. REJECT freedom and liberty, which is the ultimate goal of the NWO. If it takes "building a wall" to help achieve that goal, they will certainly do that, and spin the rhetoric to get more people on board with it.
    The people you want to allow in in unlimited numbers will take your liberty, your property and your life.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What exactly was the point? That immigrants hate guns? That they intend to take them from you? Is that why they come to the US? The longer people are in the country the more they become just like everyone else.
    Notice what Zippy ignored.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Better put up roadblocks at every street corner in the US to make sure no criminals are passing through
    Unfortunately, during this Trump administration, TSA published a "Domestic Blueprint" to do just that.

It started with international flights. Now it includes domestic flights. Soon there will be state-to-state highways, bi-ways and roadways, similar to toll booths, when traveling via roads.

The STATISTS on this forum do not comprehend "good intentions always lead to bad consequences". And we will all have to pay for it, via MORE tax money.

The people you want to allow in in unlimited numbers will take your liberty, your property and your life.
    Nope. As I stated above, only GOVERNEMENT does that. The persons asking me for handouts on the street have never threatened to attach my wages or jail me if I do not give them a quarter.

Oh look at the change of subject. There is no concern that your offspring will be disarmed.

Notice what Zippy ignored.
    Your own children will change the way your grandchildren live. Your own children's lives are already different from yours. No immigrants required and stopping immigration does not stop change.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243797/...-gun-laws.aspx

Six in 10 Americans Support Stricter Gun Laws

Sixty-one percent of Americans favor stricter laws on the sale of firearms, down modestly from March, when 67% said this shortly after the Parkland, Florida, school shooting on Feb. 14. The current reading is similar to the 60% measured last fall after the Las Vegas mass shooting. Along with March, it reflects the highest percentage to favor tougher firearms laws in two or more decades.

Control, maybe. But not ban.

Americans Support Tougher Gun Control, but Not Handgun Ban

While a clear majority of Americans support tougher gun laws, the U.S. public is substantially less supportive of an outright ban on handguns. Fewer than three in 10 Americans, 28%, support a handgun ban, unchanged from last October. Americans' support for a handgun ban has been below 30% since 2008.

Even among the groups most supportive of a handgun ban, less than a majority say they favor it. Among Democrats, for example, 42% support such regulation, compared with 10% of Republicans.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-27-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Nope. As I stated above, only GOVERNEMENT does that. The persons asking me for handouts on the street have never threatened to attach my wages or jail me if I do not give them a quarter.
    The people you want to allow in WILL IMPOSE GOVERNMENT ON YOU.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your own children will change the way your grandchildren live. Your own children's lives are already different from yours.
    That is irrelevant, we have a right to limit and control the changes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your own children will change the way your grandchildren live. Your own children's lives are already different from yours.
    So what is your view on the 2nd Amendment?

The people you want to allow in WILL IMPOSE GOVERNMENT ON YOU.
    Wrong again.

The foreigners I personally know and work with want no more government than I do. They oppose over-regulation and taxation just as I do. They even assisted in getting Ron Paul delegates to win the various precincts that I coordinated, which we ultimately won by landslide. I still have the results of that election.

The only person attempting to impose more government on me is you.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what is your view on the 2nd Amendment?
    I do not want to ban guns. I do agree that there should be some restrictions on certain people having them though. I don't think we should have private bazookas or nuclear weapons. The types of weapons should not be unlimited.

That is irrelevant, we have a right to limit and control the changes.
    Yes, like all citizens, you do have the right to vote. Some may choose to vote a different way than you want them to and that is their right too.

I do not want to ban guns. I do agree that there should be some restrictions on certain people having them though. I don't think we should have private bazookas or nuclear weapons. The types of weapons should not be unlimited.
    Do AR-15s with 30 round magazines rate up there with "bazookas?"

Wrong again.

The foreigners I personally know and work with want no more government than I do. They oppose over-regulation and taxation just as I do. They even assisted in getting Ron Paul delegates to win the various precincts that I coordinated, which we ultimately won by landslide. I still have the results of that election.

The only person attempting to impose more government on me is you.
    Wrong again, your limited experience is limited.

The foreigners by and large want ever larger government and even those that complain about how it affects them would create it if it didn't exist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, like all citizens, you do have the right to vote. Some may choose to vote a different way than you want them to and that is their right too.
    But foreigners don't have a right to come here and become citizens and vote.
    We have a right to limit how many we allow to do so.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am sure The Texan would be all for the end of the 2nd A if it that was how the votes went. The more voters the better.

We need bazookas and any other traditional arms like tanks or fighter jets to resist the government, that is the purpose of the 2ndA.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wrong again, your limited experience is limited.

The foreigners by and large want ever larger government and even those that complain about how it affects them would create it if it didn't exist.
    LOL. You are very funny. Not only that, but you are still wrong.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. You are very funny. Not only that, but you are still wrong.
    You are wrong and it isn't funny.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We need bazookas and any other traditional arms like tanks or fighter jets to resist the government, that is the purpose of the 2ndA.

With Walls, "Constitution Free Zones", DHS, ICE, DOMESTIC TSA... your entire statement is NULL.

It did "sound" nice, though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast