Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Jesus a Vegetarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

The fact is we support more people, in a smaller ecological footprint, than ever before in human history.

And if we were to adopt the food production and ecological mandates of communist Popes and Christian progressives, millions, perhaps billions of people, would die.
    Now that's a selling point I could get behind....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speaking of waste…

I'd like to see you tell him he's wrong.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

@William Tell - Thank you for taking the time to reply to my last post, point my point. I will try to get back to your post later. I spent way too much time on this site yesterday, so I'm kind of behind on things I have to do. But I do want to respond, at least to a few of the things you said.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Speaking of waste…

I'd like to see you tell him he's wrong.
    He's not wrong but he's looking at the issue from the wrong perspective...

City people consume 90+ percent of factory farmed meat AND vegetables.......By and large they cause most pollution too.....So the real problem isn't how to feed city people it's whether to feed them at all...

I vote NO.

Stop beating around the bush and trying to figure out how to carry millions of the unproductive....

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    He's not wrong but he's looking at the issue from the wrong perspective...

City people consume 90+ percent of factory farmed meat AND vegetables.......By and large they cause most pollution too.....So the real problem isn't how to feed city people it's whether to feed them at all...

I vote NO.

Stop beating around the bush and trying to figure out how to carry millions of the unproductive....
    I'm not sure what to say to this. I agree that they are the ones consuming most of the factory farm meat, because obviously many people don't have the opportunity to live on a farm or grow their own food. And in addition to that, there's a lot of ignorance, and that disconnect that many Americans have between what they're eating and where it came from.

My solution would be different though. I would like to just bring awareness and as you and I have talked about before, try to reach the people who would actually be responsive, when shown what they are unknowingly supporting. Maybe some would say "I don't care" but I think many people would be appalled and vote with their dollar to stop contributing to that.

You kind of touched on some other topics that would probably better for a different thread.

― Henry David Thoreau

I'm not sure what to say to this.
    Well, you'd better come up with something, because this is the logical end to the ideas you are advocating.

"There are just too many people, and all ya'll have just got to go."

Like I said, it should come as no surprise that Malthus was a Christian progressive.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    Drats!

I never said anything about going along with communist Popes or progressives. In fact I am diametrically opposed to what they want.
    I understand that, but the fact of the matter is that what you are preaching here, goes hand in hand with the rest of environmental Malthusian-ism that commie popes and Christian progressives are in favor of.

Drats!
    Covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I guess we should all be running around naked, too. It was, after all, God's original plan.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I said that I wasn't pushing for laws to change. That should've been enough. Let me ask you this. Purely hypothetical, but if God himself came down and said there will be no more eating of animals… Would you feel that He is wrong?
    Yer crawfishing..."not pushing for laws to change" is not the same as being in favor of them if they came down the pike.

Would your philosophy and point of view on this matter lead you to be in favor of laws restricting the banning of raising animals for meat or by-products, or would you stand in favor of individual freedom and property rights?

As to what God commanded?

Well, the way you put it there, the Almighty appears to me to be an intergalactic cop. Which means that I would more than likely comply, not because I happened to agree, or thought it was "right" or even "just", but because he is vested with an authority that I can't fully see or comprehend, he therefore has the "right" to utterly destroy me if I do not comply, just like his temporal brethren here on earth.

To a cop, to any earthly "authority" figure, we are all mindless mundanes, to be barked at and ordered about.

To spiritual authority, we're mindless sheep, "children", to be barked at and ordered about.

Same same AFAIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I guess we should all be running around naked, too. It was, after all, God's original plan.
    Whoo Hooo!

I have no shame when it comes to that, to the eternal chagrin of Mrs AF.

Even though I am a perfect example of why people should wear clothes.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Whoo Hooo!

I have no shame when it comes to that, to the eternal chagrin of Mrs AF.

Even though I am a perfect example of why people should wear clothes.
    I'm in...
    Well, it would be good for the environment to shut down all those factories and just think of all the crops we could use for food when we're not growing cotton for clothing anymore. Not to mention freeing the people in sweatshops where clothing's manufactured.

Interestingly, you'll never hear the Christian Taliban pushing that idea.

Wow, that's the best point I've seen in this thread. I'm not even kidding. I must spread some rep etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well, it would be good for the environment to shut down all those factories and just think of all the crops we could use for food when we're not growing cotton for clothing anymore. Not to mention freeing the people in sweatshops where clothing's manufactured.

Interestingly, you'll never hear the Christian Taliban pushing that idea.
    Literally, billions of $ would be saved if all guys went around in teh noooooood, trillions of $ if teh Ladies did.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Was Jesus a Nudist?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wow, it looks like you could make an argument even more compelling than the Christian Vegans make, look at this verse.

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Logically, clothing were part of the guy's possessions, he might have been a little shy about the ladies seeing him in his birthday suit, so he slunk away.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Perhaps this could be better translated as a non-nudist rather than rich man.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Was Jesus a Nudist?
    Thank you for your comment, WT. YES! he was. I know the Bible describes his "clothing" but I think it's a mistranslation. I don't have time to clarify right now but I'll get back to you.

John 19:23 (KJV)

23 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout.

Obviously, he hates clothing.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long. Matthew 23:5

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No accessories, either...Where am I going to put my lipstick?

Luke 10:4
    Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

Obviously, he hates clothing.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long. Matthew 23:5
    I think you're on to something, clothing is allegory for righteousness

Ephesians 6:10-18

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

So we should be nudists?

Because I am a sinner, I have my fig tree leaves on.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Because I am a sinner, I have my fig tree leaves on.
    Yes, before we knew good from evil, we had no problem with nudity. Makes we wonder if the evil is in the mind of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So we should be nudists?
    Yes. It only makes sense. I bet more people praise God naked than they do with clothes on.

Yes. It only makes sense. I bet more people praise God naked than they do with clothes on.
    That may very well be a valid point. I wonder if the majority of people, sleep with nothing on and pray before they go to sleep.

Then there is singing in the shower to think about.

Nude Jesus got me thinking about Vegan Jesus's sandals and flask. What were they made out of if not animals? Was Vegan Jesus cool with wearing animals but not eating them?

Nude Jesus presents none of those conundrums.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where am I going to put my lipstick?

Pucker up.....

Diogenes

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast