Thread: Is it time for a grassroots campaign plan?

Is it time for a grassroots campaign plan?

I haven't been on much since before the holidays so I'm not sure if someone else has started something, but I think it's time to organize ourselves in case Ron announces. Waiting until he does puts us behind, and we need to get going asap! As you may know from the link in my signature, about a year ago, I posted a thread about the real possibility of Ron Paul running for President again; everyone gave their input as to what mistakes were made; and how the grassroots can do a better job supporting him this time around.

Several of us have been working on this for a couple of months now. We've put a plan together and started working on getting a web site up so that people have a place to go to learn what the grassroots is doing and to volunteer for various projects and events. The project and the web site are called: Liberty Victory Plan.

Right now we need a graphics artist and an IT person who feel the way we do about a Ron Paul win. And, in the event that he chooses not to run, we will have in place a plan and location that can be utilized by the grassroots supporters of any liberty candidate.

The idea is to create a coalition of orgs/sites and have a hub website that contains all of the ongoing events, latest information, and projects that the grassroots is involved in and where people can volunteer, and what they can volunteer for with links back to the coalition websites where the work is being done. It is different from RPFs in that there will be no social networking at all (no forums, blogs to comment on, PM, etc), but instead, a way to organize volunteers and link to coalition sites (like RPFs) where the work is being carried out. This will not be a top-down effort. This plan is to be implemented by the grassroots. Those of us putting this together are facilitators. Our job is to be a support sytem for the grassroots volunteers, and to protect the plan from being corrupted. The intention is to work in a complimentary way with C4L as well as the National campaign, as well as any other organization who wants to see Ron Paul become our President. We are all in this together.

We know what our mistakes were last time, and we know what we're up against. This time around we will be prepared and organized. If this is something that interests you, please let me know.

We really need someone to help with IT and graphics so please spread the word. If you have any ideas or input, by all means share it. And please feel free to let me know any concerns you may have.

Thanks, deb
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bump

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I do web sites for a living, and know a great graphic designer. I can kick in some time and he probably would too.

That would be great. Thank you.

Isn't that how we plan to use RPF? Perhaps he might announce if a lot of people rally for him to run though. Maybe at CPAC, we could shout "run ron paul" after he speaks... or would that come off as forcing it too much?

I think you're right. I think we should encourage him to run en masse, although I'm not sure what would be the best way to do it. RPFs is much much more than just a campaign plan. This project is narrowly focused on a plan to get liberty candidates elected.

I agree. If the bottom up approach worked so well for us last time around I just don't understand why we let the official campaign run anything but Ron's schedule especially when it comes to spending the money.

I think the official campaign should have 2 things set up:
    1. a way for us the grassroots to propose ideas which are merged with their own
    2. a way for us the grassroots to vote on which ideas sound good and which do not

Once all of the ideas, those submitted by the grassroots and those submitted by the campaign are voted on, those with the most votes get the funds. Simple right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    I agree. If the bottom up approach worked so well for us last time around I just don't understand why we let the official campaign run anything but Ron's schedule especially when it comes to spending the money.

2. a way for us the grassroots to vote on which ideas sound good and which do not

Once all of the ideas, those submitted by the grassroots and those submitted by the campaign are voted on, those with the most votes get the funds. Simple right?
    I think there are laws which would prevent what you're proposing. This grassroots plan that we're working on involves every aspect of getting a presidential candidate elected: the delegate process, precincts, Iowa, New Hampshire, GOTV, grassroots commercials, and on and on. Last time we were not organized, if we organize, we will be much more effective. I believe one of our biggest challenges is convincing the average republican to vote for Ron Paul. Dr. Paul has stated that we must re-take the republican party. We should organize our plan around that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Isn't that how we plan to use RPF? Perhaps he might announce if a lot of people rally for him to run though. Maybe at CPAC, we could shout "run ron paul" after he speaks... or would that come off as forcing it too much?
    This site will be used for assisting Ron Paul to the best of it's abilities in 2011.

Deb is trying to organize a coalition site that points users where activism is going on. The forums really took care of this last time around. The ideas with the most interest would rise to the top of the forum and people would voluntarily donate their time or money to those projects.

Links were allowed to any activism with limited rules. They still are. We are be able to better organize it now with our front page.

Step 1: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?136-cpac-2011

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I don't know why we would not.

Deb is trying to organize a coalition site that points users where activism is going on. The forums really took care of this last time around. The ideas with the most interest would rise to the top of the forum and people would donate their time or money voluntarily to those projects.

Links were allowed to any activism with limited rules. They still are. We are be able to better organize it now with our front page.

Step 1: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?136-cpac-2011
    Yes, and one that is more narrowly focused on a specific plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Yes, and one that is more narrowly focused on a specific plan.
    Feel free to discuss it. Sharing information is the name of the game.

You and many other members were able to make some significant plans in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-a-run-in-2012

last time around there were thousands upon thousands of ron Paul videos made. Would a subforum for people with video skills and video ideas be a way for those individuals to network? Maybe get our most talented people working in tandem.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    last time around there were thousands upon thousands of ron Paul videos made. Would a subforum for people with video skills and video ideas be a way for those individuals to network? Maybe get our most talented people working in tandem.
    Yes a dedicated talent directory page is going to be added shortly. It will be a link in the main navigation bar along the top.

Bman has been working on one here (stickied in 2012 Candidates subforum) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lent-Directory

Liberty Victory 2012 Plan

Mission Statement

This plan is dedicated to assuring the victory of a 2012 presidential candidate and peripheral leaders who actively support restoring our government to a representative Republic based on the constitution and the rule of law, recognizing federal sovereignty, state sovereignty and individual rights.

The plan will be carried out by grassroots volunteers (unpaid) who seek to function with the original intent of our Founding Fathers to foster respect for private property, limited government, balance of power with openness and transparency. We seek life, liberty, and justice for all in a land of opportunity for ourselves and our posterity.

Preface (background to our mission statement)

Planning and coordinating efforts are unquestioned in their ability to aid in achieving goals, this is shown throughout history, throughout business and in everyday life. It is also true for political campaigns. Unfortunately, the Federal Election Commissions (FEC) has established laws that set up walls between election campaigns and everyday volunteers such that it is often difficult for a campaign’s staff to effectively navigate FEC election code laws and direct volunteers at the same time. This plan is devised as a result of these issues in order to provide a vehicle for volunteers to be able to contribute value in a specific area of interest that coordinates with others who share the common objective.

Classically, there are two types of coordinated effort structures: authority based and volunteer based. In an authoritative based structure there is an individual or body that has complete say over who does what and what the rewards are for performing certain tasks. Individuals operating within the system perform work as specified by the authoritative control in exchange for planned compensation.

In a volunteer based effort there is no direct reward offered by any authoritative body and volunteers only volunteer as they see it suits their best interests. A volunteer can not be assigned a task they do not see value in performing. Volunteer organizations can be most effective when relying on the principles of "spontaneous order" where individuals fill roles they see a need for in the achievement of a common vision.

This plan outlines a volunteer based effort. There is no direct compensation to be received by anyone who operates under it, at any time, for any reason. The end-goal/reward is the achievement of our Mission Statement, which is ultimately about the preservation and restoration of liberty within the United States of America. If living in a country based on individual liberty and personal responsibility is something you desire, then this plan is geared for you.

As this is a volunteer based effort there is no centralized authoritative body to tell people what to do, and it is well understood that trying to require volunteers to do things will result in complete failure. However, having no requirements of what to do does not mean that one can do whatever they want in the name of the Mission Statement as it is also understood that unethical and destructive behavior can undermine the goals of a plan. Accordingly, this plan enumerates behavior that has been shown to be problematic towards achieving our goal, and is not acceptable by volunteers operating within the plan.

All plans need direction and flexibility for change, and this effort is no different. As such, those who created and organized the plan will continue to coordinate it to protect its integrity and see that it gets properly nurtured and actually achieves its stated mission.

All potential volunteers are encouraged to do proper due diligence on both those who are coordinating the plan and the plan itself to decide if this effort is right for you. The high level perspective of the plan contained here is designed to be brief for a quick review, individual areas will develop detailed sub-plans as volunteers engage in efforts. Constructive feedback is not only welcome, but absolutely critical for success.

10. We need TV ads that look and sound professional, that really glorify Ron and give him an emotional appeal.
    x100. As far as national exposure, this is key. We need a top notch, professional team to consistently manage the production of his ads. I thought Rands were nice, I would put them on the list.

A lot of folks are not interested in politics and judge a candidate by those little .30 and .60 spots. Marketing his message will be key, and it should be professional and consistent to be effective.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Yes a dedicated talent directory page is going to be added shortly. It will be a link in the main navigation bar along the top.

Bman has been working on one here (stickied in 2012 Candidates subforum) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...lent-Directory
    Operation cat herder already has a skills bank with volunteers. Likewise the graphics group on yahoo and bands. duplicating effort is a waste of time and actively counter-productive. We never got the video group to take. Quite independent folks there.

Getting back the 1/3rd of our supporters that we lost back and getting the new organizers all talking with the old ones (organizing organizers) is where I'm focused right now.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-18-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I see this as a very important effort, and yes, RPFs will be a major home to this, along with Daily Paul, and any other possible site that can step up their activism. We'll always be looking for a better way, hopefully this is a good step in that direction.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post

Yes and no. Certainly the idea is that the grassroots will end up throwing support behind the best ideas, and that will lead to the funds coming. However, with the election laws, it is often best to not centralize the funds in PACs / etc, thus leaving the funding in the hands of the individual, where it is best. So activists will be voting with their dollars. Part of the key however is to get the right information to the right people at the right time. As well, there will be cases where money can be raised for PACs by campaign supporters who are not die-hard activists who won't have the time or interest to look into all the projects. So in the end, it's a balance of finding the best way.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

seems after yrs of planning we need to go back to step #1 and #2 register republican and become a delegate!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Actually, we do have one here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...ideo-Producing

Obviously it's not front-and-center, which it shouldn't be since it's not of general interest and highly important, but it is there (but nothing getting much traffic nowadays). Finding the right place to put things is one of our challenges with the forum structure.

Thanks!

Our Oklahoma Republican Party Precinct Meetings occur very soon

and you may ask why I bring that up here. Well for two reasons.

1) It is at the heart of determining who will be our party's nominee in 2012. If we are the leaders of the party and we say it is to be Ron Paul, then it will be.

2) It is at the heart of determining what we will stand for and if we will make sure our leaders do the same; and, if they will follow through on promises made on the campaign trail.

Back in 2007, I wrote a piece and posted it on the forums that got me in a lot of trouble with my local party because I was telling people here on the forums what it would take to get Ron Paul elected. It could be re-written and the dates changed, but it is timeless information and I share it with you again here for reference: Mirroring the Republican Party. If I could change one thing about that post today it would be the title and I would call it Being the Republican Party. We have an opportunity to make the Republican Party what we want it to be and elect the people we want to lead it and bring our nation back to limited constitutional government.

Let's continue what we have started together here and improve on what we did in the past and branch out in our own spheres of influence. Let's do it in such a way that protects Life and Liberty for all. Let's be the grassroots citizen activists that we are and 'get 'er done!

Blessings,
    Sandie

Republican Precinct Chair #28
    Washington County Oklahoma

ps Here is a Sample Packet of Resolutions we just released in Oklahoma for you to consider sharing with others and debating in your precinct meetings this cycle if it helps get people engaged in the process. But don't forget to pay attention to the Rules because that is where the real power is -- more on this topic in a future post!

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    duplicating effort is a waste of time and actively counter-productive.
    Couldn't agree more-- part of the hope of this larger effort is to help reduce duplicating efforts.

That said, the skills bank is a tough one- Operation cat herder was certainly on the front edge of this for the r3volution (from what I saw), but we still had a hard time getting a lot of people over there. That's what led me to copy the skills base set that Op Cat Herder had and put them as user profile options here on the forum so when people sign up they can select their skills, which can later be searched for. Here's the link for the search:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?do=search

But even this certainly isn't the end-all answer. What is? I don't know, but I think it may be a good idea for every large r3volution user community to have a skills bank. There's certainly room for debate / discussion here.

Getting back the 1/3rd of our supporters that we lost back and getting the new organizers all talking with the old ones (organizing organizers) is where I'm focused right now.
    Agreed.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acainfonet View Post
    and you may ask why I bring that up here. Well for two reasons.

1) It is at the heart of determining who will be our party's nominee in 2012. If we are the leaders of the party and we say it is to be Ron Paul, then it will be.

2) It is at the heart of determining what we will stand for and if we will make sure our leaders do the same; and, if they will follow through on promises made on the campaign trail.

Back in 2007, I wrote a piece and posted it on the forums that got me in a lot of trouble with my local party because I was telling people here on the forums what it would take to get Ron Paul elected. It could be re-written and the dates changed, but it is timeless information and I share it with you again here for reference: Mirroring the Republican Party. If I could change one thing about that post today it would be the title and I would call it Being the Republican Party. We have an opportunity to make the Republican Party what we want it to be and elect the people we want to lead it and bring our nation back to limited constitutional government.

Let's continue what we have started together here and improve on what we did in the past and branch out in our own spheres of influence. Let's do it in such a way that protects Life and Liberty for all. Let's be the grassroots citizen activists that we are and 'get 'er done!

Blessings,
    Sandie

Republican Precinct Chair #28
    Washington County Oklahoma

ps Here is a Sample Packet of Resolutions we just released in Oklahoma for you to consider sharing with others and debating in your precinct meetings this cycle if it helps get people engaged in the process. But don't forget to pay attention to the Rules because that is where the real power is -- more on this topic in a future post!
    Great post Sandie! Thank you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks Bryan - just discovered the blog function here and put it there too ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by acainfonet View Post
    thanks Bryan - just discovered the blog function here and put it there too ;-)
    Sandie we need that article incorporated into the plan!