Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there Ever A Time To Call The Police?

Is there Ever A Time To Call The Police?

I was watching a movie with my son. A person said, "call the police" I said fuch that. My son asked, "don't you think this would be a good time to call the police?"

Question to the forum should the police ever be called?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I was watching a movie with my son. A person said, "call the police" I said fuch that. My son asked, "don't you think this would be a good time to call the police?"

Sometimes you have to file a police report for insurance reasons.

Two UFOs landing in your backyard.

Someone has to call the coroner. Self defense is a constitutionally protected right.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

If you have a back hoe. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Sometimes you have to file a police report for insurance reasons.
    Why..
    Insurance is betting against yourself..

and you want to compound that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Someone has to call the coroner. Self defense is a constitutionally protected right.
    Call the local sheriff personally.. explain the need for clean up.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No,, but unfortunately,, a call for fire or medical help is likely to bring them.

an ambulance or friends would be a better call if you NEED help.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Two UFOs landing in your backyard.
    This would get the wrong kind of illegal alien killed.

Why would anyone need them? and what for?

Seriously.. and I have lived disarmed for years..(1980) I'm a small man.. no hulking behemoth.

I have walked the streets of Miami and L.A. Kansas City (Oak st.) St Louis, Detroit etc.

I can not see any scenario where they would be any use to me at all.

Tell me why I should think I need one.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A bunch of drunk gay sailors, sorry if that’s redundant, are in your backyard, definitely call the cops. That goes for Injuns too. And noisy bikers.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-10-2018 at 06:38 AM. Reason: For AF
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Only if your ins co requires a report and you intend to file a claim . Then you do it at your convenience . If you are a common criminal as most citizens are ( weed , drugs , weapons etc) , better off to skip it all and do not file the claim

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    A bunch of drunk gay sailors, sorry if that’s redundant, are in your backyard, definitely call the cops. That goes for Injuns too.
    People will never know if I have been in their yard .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    People will never know if I have been in their yard .
    not supposed to tell
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    A bunch of drunk gay sailors, sorry if that’s redundant, are in your backyard, definitely call the cops. That goes for Injuns too.
    And bikers...you forgot bikers.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

To answer the OP, no.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes.

In a drought and someone is watering their car and driveway.

Fug em
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Yes.

In a drought and someone is watering their car and driveway.

Fug em
    They don't own their water?

Are you paying their water bill?

maybe if you are lonely and just want someone to chat with

I would rather go it alone. No.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I would rather go it alone. No.
    Same here. Last year I had a neighbor pull a knife on me while I was walking my dog. My first thought was "I call the police, their first priority will be to find a reason to arrest me. "

So now I just make sure to be armed when out and about and hope that will prevent any future issues -- though my biggest fear is still the police -- if I legally defend myself from somebody like the neighbor I'm still subject to getting "cuffed and stuffed", firearm stolen, dragged through the legal system, etc.

So I would be hesitant to even do anything, except as a last resort. The experience did change my attitude a bit on self-defense though -- if someone threatens another person with a knife and is within stabbing/slashing distance -- I'm not going to judge someone for shooting that person. Don't threaten someones life with a deadly weapon and you won't be shot.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 01-11-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    To answer the OP, no.
    Disagree. Don't get me wrong I agree with the sentiment, it is better if they are not called. But there are times where they are going to be called by someone no matter what you do. If you have an incident that someone is going to blame you for. Or an argument and you know the other party is going to call the cops on you alleging you committed a crime, then it is in your best interest to have them hear your side of the story first. This isn't a pie in the sky devils advocate example, this exact situation has happened to myself and others I know over time. I've always done the 'right thing', by never in my life calling the cops on people who hate me. And I've come to regret that when I've had cops show up asking about a false allegation. Fortunately nothing too serious and nothing that resulted in charges, but it could happen and I know it has happened to others. When the first report cops get is from a liar it really muddies the water to where you are in a "he said she said" situation where your side of the story may be an after thought if not ignored.

Bottom line, my opinion is you never want to talk to the cops, but if you are going to have to talk to them make sure they hear your side first.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Bottom line, my opinion is you never want to talk to the cops, but if you are going to have to talk to them make sure they hear your side first.
    You have the right to remain silent.. for a very good reason..

What they hear will only be used against you.
    in a court of law.

if you are lucky
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I would call the media first, then the police. Be the official narrative.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

in a court of law.

if you are lucky
    This^^ DO NOT TALK TO POLICE
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

in a court of law.

if you are lucky
    Lol so if some woman says she's going to call the cops and accuse you of assault, you'd just let them hear her side of it keep your mouth shut and go to jail for 20 years or whatever?

You wouldn't tell them the truth, like she's mad at you and made the whole thing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol so if some woman says she's going to call the cops and accuse you of assault, you'd just let them hear her side of it keep your mouth shut and go to jail for 20 years or whatever?

You wouldn't tell them the truth, like she's mad at you and made the whole thing up?
    been there, Done that.

I would prefer that there were no thugs for drunks to call.

Calling them myself would have had the same results.

The "domestic abuse" (that never happened) charge was dropped,, but I got a felony for my wife's firearm.
    Which was seen hanging on a wall.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I do everything to live my life so I don't need to call the cops mainly by avoiding violence as much as possible. I hope there is never a situation that may appear that I need to call the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hope there is never a situation that may appear that I need to call the cops.
    If there is,,, call someone else. Preferably a friend or family.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

If your insurance needs a case number for stolen $#@!, might help to get that if you want even their "depreciated" value back. Thats all I can think of. Cops don't need to be cops to be mediators though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast