Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Tapper nails Trump on "Mexican" judge comments in utterly mad interview

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    You seem to be missing a word or two I cannot ferret out in your last question. Did I say only? Seems as if one would have to ignore his attitude toward women of any color or his tactless attitude towards "the" blacks, to say he is only against brown people. I was referring specifically in the post you previously quoted to the issue of his wall to keep those folks from the south from contaminating his perfect society.
    " contaminating". You can't see your own bias here? Where do you illegal immigrants come from, Canada? There is evidence of people from countries all over the world coming through the southern border not just "brown people. " Do you believe in an open border where anybody can come to the US without any documentation or background check?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    " contaminating". You can't see your own bias here? Where do you illegal immigrants come from, Canada? There is evidence of people from countries all over the world coming through the southern border not just "brown people. " Do you believe in an open border where anybody can come to the US without any documentation or background check?
    If you'd follow what the thread has been discussing was Trumps positions wrt Mexicans. Contaminating is a direct reference to Trump's complaints regarding disease from Mexicans. Speak to Trump about bias. You can call what I have contempt and loathing. No, I don't want to pay for a wall, which will be a huge black hole for money, and I don't want to be shut in either. The cat was already out of the bag when European explorers weren't sent packing. I'm none too keen in being trapped with an even more bloated police state to enforce these controls.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

If you'd follow what the thread has been discussing was Trumps positions wrt Mexicans. Contaminating is a direct reference to Trump's complaints regarding disease from Mexicans. Speak to Trump about bias. You can call what I have contempt and loathing. No, I don't want to pay for a wall, which will be a huge black hole for money, and I don't want to be shut in either. The cat was already out of the bag when European explorers weren't sent packing. I'm none too keen in being trapped with an even more bloated police state to enforce these controls.
    So where has Trump said anything about contamination? I believe he has a problem with rapists and criminals and parasites.

Also I don't know your ethnicity or care but European explorers? No $#@! Europeans conquered the continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

So you are for open borders? You know it's not only Mexicans that come across southern border right?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border. The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world.
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ctious-disease
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    So where has Trump said anything about contamination? I believe he has a problem with rapists and criminals and parasites.

Also I don't know your ethnicity or care but European explorers? No $#@! Europeans conquered the continent.
    Lol...infectious disease, Trump's words, your choice parasites, which would? Contaminate? Uh, yeah.

European explorers never made it to the continent Trump wants to "defend" with a southern wall? Srsly?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

So you are for open borders? You know it's not only Mexicans that come across southern border right?
    I'm for not expanding the state power. I'm also aware of the fact that a wall to the south. which is never going to be feasible, but will merely be an excuse for more invasive government and a black hole for money, is as effective as fencing one section of your yard and thinking the stray cats won't see the other sides of the yard are unencumbered nor will they go over or under the fence to get the birds at the bird feeder.

It is too simplistic to proclaim one is "for" open borders just because one sees the peril of indulging the state's lust to expand its power.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

I'm for not expanding the state power. I'm also aware of the fact that a wall to the south. which is never going to be feasible, but will merely be an excuse for more invasive government and a black hole for money, is as effective as fencing one section of your yard and thinking the stray cats won't see the other sides of the yard are unencumbered nor will they go over or under the fence to get the birds at the bird feeder.

It is too simplistic to proclaim one is "for" open borders just because one sees the peril of indulging the state's lust to expand its power.
    It doesn't have to be a wall, just a fence in most areas. Border patrols in the areas you can not fence. People here are so ignorant on what Islamic terrorists are doing and their goals. I would rather deal with them at the border not in my hometown. I went to the border of East Germany when we still had the Cold War going. Somehow they kept people from traversing that border very effectively.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't have to be a wall, just a fence in most areas. Border patrols in the areas you can not fence. People here are so ignorant on what Islamic terrorists are doing and their goals. I would rather deal with them at the border not in my hometown. I went to the border of East Germany when we still had the Cold War going. Somehow they kept people from traversing that border very effectively.
    Bad guys on a mission always find a way. Put a fence in, they get boats and go around the nearest land to land points. East Germany had a much smaller extent of border, and I don't want to be East Germany.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Bad guys on a mission always find a way. Put a fence in, they get boats and go around the nearest land to land points. East Germany had a much smaller extent of border, and I don't want to be East Germany.
    They still had the sea to contend with. And they did it effectively, that is not a problem. We already patrol our Coasts.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

They still had the sea to contend with. And they did it effectively, that is not a problem. We already patrol our Coasts.
    You looking to keep folks in or out? If your looking to keep folks in, then yeah, they were reasonably effective. I wonder what the ratio of stasi would have to be here to patrol the coastline. Perhaps this is the jobs program Trump has yet to announce? He said Mexico would pay for the wall, but iirc there's been no mention of who pays for the stasi. I'm sure dear leader has a plan, a yuuuge, beautiful plan.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

No he is pursuing this course because the site is no longer needed if it becomes about satisfying a narrow group of people like you.
    That wouldn't be "becoming" anything. That's what the site has always been. It's the Trump trolls who are trying to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That wouldn't be "becoming" anything. That's what the site has always been. It's the Trump trolls who are trying to change it.
    (Mod edit) It is changing on its own because Trump's movement has a strong message.

(mod edit) It is changing on its own because Trump's movement has a strong message.
    What message is that?

What message is that?
    Make America great again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    (Mod edit) It is changing on its own because Trump's movement has a strong message.
    Without a positive evaluation for Trump the site is not changing. Great messaging doesn't matter; what's most importance is principles and policies.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Well I guess whatever worked for Germany will work for us. Heil Cheeto Hitler!
    So you calling him Hitler? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Without a positive evaluation for Trump the site is not changing. Great messaging doesn't matter; what's most importance is principles and policies.
    Whether you like it or not the site is the people that come here and not what some post says about someone. Fyi "Trump troll" is much worse than what you edit out.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Well then you are a (mod edit) and much worse than Trump.

No he is pursuing this course because the site is no longer needed if it becomes about satisfying a narrow group of people like you. I seen what people like you did during Ron's runs. You bitched to no end and made up stories about how we going to win or how much greater we were than our opponents. Then we lost badly.

The only value I find in RPF is catching up on news and seeing what people think. It will continue to thrive while it provides this. IF that stops I think it will go away.
    The site is here to serve our Mission, it's bigger than any one person. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

The site is here to serve our Mission, it's bigger than any one person. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks.
    Our mission? Libertarians. Herding cats.

So you calling him Hitler? Sad.
    No I called him Cheeto Hitler, because his skin color is the color your fingers turn after you eat Cheetos and he is using the same nationalistic language as Hitler to demagogue the idiots that support him.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He was being called a racist when he wasn't being racist, as far as I'm concerned he can call anybody involved with that whatever he wants. This kind of $#@! needs to end.
    Danno... I'm sorry but I think you've lost objectivity. The Judge is obviously a left leaning progressive... but that has nothing to do with race. Trump saying the Judge can't do his job and has a conflict of interest because 'he's a Mexican!' is bull$#@!. We call out people on the left for drawing false conclusions all day. I'm not about to stop calling it like I see it just because it's Trump. A man born in Indiana, who is 'proud of his Mexican heritage', is not different than you or I. Trump could bash this judge as a lefty, a political hack, a progressive, or any number of fair game tactics, but calling him a Mexican and blaming bad ruling on that falsity it the definition of Racism... and once again the Trump supporters are eating it up, defending him until they fall off the cliff, and generally making themselves look like idiots. Even Trump surrogates are walking this back and saying Trump shouldn't blame the Judges heritage... Paul Ryan and McConnell are ripping their hair out because they have backed him.

This is all just too funny to watch people do backflips defending Trump and his blatantly idiotic $#@!.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Danno... I'm sorry but I think you've lost objectivity. The Judge is obviously a left leaning progressive... but that has nothing to do with race. Trump saying the Judge can't do his job and has a conflict of interest because 'he's a Mexican!' is bull$#@!. We call out people on the left for drawing false conclusions all day. I'm not about to stop calling it like I see it just because it's Trump. A man born in Indiana, who is 'proud of his Mexican heritage', is not different than you or I. Trump could bash this judge as a lefty, a political hack, a progressive, or any number of fair game tactics, but calling him a Mexican and blaming bad ruling on that falsity it the definition of Racism... and once again the Trump supporters are eating it up, defending him until they fall off the cliff, and generally making themselves look like idiots. Even Trump surrogates are walking this back and saying Trump shouldn't blame the Judges heritage... Paul Ryan and McConnell are ripping their hair out because they have backed him.

This is all just too funny to watch people do backflips defending Trump and his blatantly idiotic $#@!.
    It's like Trump changed political parties just so he can attack judges for being partisan and abusing their power against him, because otherwise it has nothing to do with his political ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    No I called him Cheeto Hitler, because his skin color is the color your fingers turn after you eat Cheetos and he is using the same nationalistic language as Hitler to demagogue the idiots that support him.
    Nationalistic language? That is all you got and Beck like tantrums?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Absolutely.

The site itself has a mission statement, and supporting Trump goes against it.

Granted, @Bryan is pursuing a course of encouraging (mod edit) to run rampant here rather than continue to pursue the stated mission of the site, perhaps because it helps drive more traffic here. But despite that, the official mission is still pro-freedom.
    Site traffic levels are completely secondary to many other factors and aren't something I'll put over sound policies. The policies of the site are clear as is the reason. We don't shy away from discussing issues, we don't want an echo chamber where ever thought has to be approved by overlord staff. But the policies don't allow for open promotion or support for candidates we don't support, that includes Trump.

If you see a problem, flag it. I understand there are subtle promotions by proxy and we'll deal with such issues when they are a problem.

Thanks.

But the policies don't allow for open promotion or support for candidates we don't support, that includes Trump.
    But the way they're enforced in practice does allow, and encourage, that.

If you see a problem, flag it. I understand there are subtle promotions by proxy and we'll deal with such issues when they are a problem.
    According to Peace&Freedom, the way you deal with such issues is by giving them +reps.

Meanwhile, I'm getting threatened with bans for calling out trolls like @silverhandorder.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Our mission? Libertarians. Herding cats.
    To be clear, it's the site's Mission:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1957

We don't herd cats.

On that note:
    Trump has succeeded in unleashing an old gene in American politics—the crude tribalism that Richard Hofstadter named “the paranoid style”—and, over the summer, it replicated like a runaway mutation. Whenever Americans have confronted the reshuffling of status and influence—the Great Migration, the end of Jim Crow, the end of a white majority—we succumb to the anti-democratic politics of absolutism, of a “conflict between absolute good and absolute evil,” in which, Hofstadter wrote, “the quality needed is not a willingness to compromise but the will to fight things out to a finish. Nothing but complete victory will do.” Trump was born to the part. “I’ll do nearly anything within legal bounds to win,” he wrote, in “The Art of the Deal.” “Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition.” Trump, who long ago mastered the behavioral nudges that could herd the public into his casinos and onto his golf courses, looked so playful when he gave out Lindsey Graham’s cell-phone number that it was easy to miss just how malicious a gesture it truly was. It expressed the knowledge that, with a single utterance, he could subject an enemy to that most savage weapon of all: us
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...the-frustrated

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

I'm not sure why people like to put things in quotes that those people never said. Why do you do it? You do it with Stefan, Trump, probably even me. It's not an accurate quote..

Trump believes in this case that the Judge is biased because of his proud Mexican heritage - either way the bottom line is Trump thinks the Judge is biased and should recuse himself, Trump is merely pointing out why he believes the Judge is biased.

Trump doesn't think all Mexican Judges would be biased. I can prove this because I heard an NPR interview over the weekend and the reporter asked him if he thought a Muslim Judge would be biased. Trump's answer was, "Yes, it's possible." The keyword being "possible". A Muslim Judge could possibly be bias because of his views on Muslim immigration. Then the reporter went on a retard rant about how Trump was being racist, and Trump replied that it wasn't racism, it was common sense - and Trump is completely right, this is common sense stuff.

Here's the thing, why don't reporters ask Trump a simple question that would clear all this up? Why don't they ask Trump, "Is it possible that a white Judge might be biased against you because of your views on immigration?" You know what Trump would say? "Yes, it's possible".. The SAME $#@!ING ANSWER HE GAVE ABOUT MUSLIMS. The same answer he gives about Mexicans. It is possible for a person to be biased against him because of his views on immigration regardless of race - however, Trump might point out that a person who is one of those races and is particularly proud of their race is probably more likely to be biased - particularly more so than your average white Judge perhaps.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-06-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm not sure why people like to put things in quotes that those people never said. Why do you do it? You do it with Stefan, Trump, probably even me. It's not an accurate quote..

Trump believes in this case that the Judge is bias because of his proud Mexican heritage - either way the bottom line is Trump thinks the Judge is bias and should recuse himself, Trump is merely pointing out why he believes the Judge is bias.

Trump doesn't think all Mexican Judges would be bias. I can prove this because I heard an NPR interview over the weekend and the reporter asked him if he thought a Muslim Judge would be bias. Trumps answer was, "Yes, it's possible." The keyword being "possible". A Muslim Judge could possibly be bias because of his views on Muslim immigration. Then the reporter went on a retard rant about how Trump was being racist, and Trump replied that it wasn't racism, it was common sense - and Trump is completely right, this is common sense stuff.

Here's the thing, why don't reporters ask Trump a simple question that would clear all this up? Why don't they ask Trump, "Is it possible that a white Judge might be biased against you because of your views on immigration?" You know what Trump would say? "Yes, it's possible".. The SAME $#@!ING ANSWER HE GAVE ABOUT MUSLIMS. The same answer he gives about Mexicans. It is possible for a person to be bias against him because of his views on immigration regardless of race - however, Trump might point out that a person who is one of those races and is particularly proud of their race is probably more likely to be bias - particularly more so than your average white Judge perhaps.
    The gymnastics you're going through to defend Trump are hilarious.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast