Thread: If You Love Us, Pay Us: A letter from Sean Combs (P. Diddy) to Corporate America

If You Love Us, Pay Us: A letter from Sean Combs (P. Diddy) to Corporate America

A prominent figure among rapper fans of Trump is raising his voice again on social justice causes:

If You Love Us, Pay Us: A letter from Sean Combs to Corporate America

No longer can Corporate America manipulate our culture into believing incremental progress is acceptable action.
    By Sean Combs Apr 8, 2021, 8:46am EDT

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

The same feet these companies use to stand with us in solidarity are the same feet they use to stand on our necks.
    When confronted by the leaders of several Black-owned media companies, General Motors (GM) listed my network, REVOLT, as an example of the Black-owned media it supports. While REVOLT does receive advertising revenue from GM, our relationship is not an example of success. Instead, REVOLT, just like other Black-owned media companies, fights for crumbs while GM makes billions of dollars every year from the Black community. Exposing GM’s historic refusal to fairly invest in Black-owned media is not an assassination of character, it’s exposing the way GM and many other advertisers have always treated us. No longer can Corporate America manipulate our community into believing that incremental progress is acceptable action.

revolt.tv/news/2021/4/8/22373418/sean-diddy-combs-general-motors-corporate-america-letter

Related

P. Diddy joins rapper fans of Trump

10/02/15
    “Donald Trump is not the only person who is a model mogul. That doesn’t need to be, like, the only picture of what an American mogul looks like.”
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...-fans-of-trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hah hah...good...hope Piddly or Puddy or whatever the $#@! he's calling himself these days bankrupts GM.

Apropos of nothing, is that DMX on the far right in that pic?

He died today.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hah hah...good...hope Piddly or Puddy or whatever the $#@! he's calling himself these days bankrupts GM.

Apropos of nothing, is that DMX on the far right in that pic?

He died today.
    A) That's Russel "the rapist" Simmons.

B) Sorry to hear about DMX. I saw a meme on Instagram a few days ago that said "Dear God...we mean Lil Nas X. Not DMX. Let DMX go!"

C) I wonder if DMX took the shot? Hank Aaron (RIP) and Marvelous Marvin Hagler (RIP) took the shot.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Never heard of DMX , guess I didnt really know simmons and p diddy were alive. Maybe they can have them on the view.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Never heard of DMX , guess I didnt really know simmons and p diddy were alive. Maybe they can have them on the view.
    Did you watch Deadpool? DMX's music as featured in it.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I hate being right. DMX took the vaccine and died days later.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/dmx-got-heart...larifies-56705

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

I figured that was it
    Do something Danke

Did you watch Deadpool? DMX's music as featured in it.

Thanks , I probably should be more cultured , I'll check it out . Nah , I never watch animated /super hero / comic book or animated type things .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thanks , I probably should be more cultured , I'll check it out . Nah , I never watch animated /super hero / comic book or animated type things .
    I got teenagers so I got an excuse. Deadpool was a spoof of the super hero movie.

Jesus...thanks for the update.

RIP

P. Diddy is really really stupid. It makes no sense that 15% of marketing dollars should go to black owned media outlets. Black owned media outlets are probably .1% of the total media market. Lighting money on fire by advertising with companies that no one reads seems like a really bad strategy. I have never in my life heard of Revolt. And the fact that P. Diddy is $#@!ting on an advertisers is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    P. Diddy is really really stupid. It makes no sense that 15% of marketing dollars should go to black owned media outlets. Black owned media outlets are probably .1% of the total media market. Lighting money on fire by advertising with companies that no one reads seems like a really bad strategy. I have never in my life heard of Revolt. And the fact that P. Diddy is $#@!ting on an advertisers is something else.
    Asking for more money is never stupid. Now the person who actually gives the money on the other hand.....

Asking for more money is never stupid. Now the person who actually gives the money on the other hand.....
    That's right. P. Diddy isn't stupid. It is similar to the way Democrats frame the Georgia law as racist and anti-democracy. Costs them nothing. The disgrace is the media and corporations who automatically accept the premise

That's right. P. Diddy isn't stupid. It is similar to the way Democrats frame the Georgia law as racist and anti-democracy. Costs them nothing. The disgrace is the media and corporations who automatically accept the premise
    I have a different theory on the Georgia voting law. There is no valid reason to put things in the law like blocking the distribution of water. I think the GOP put that in there to MAKE the law look racist. Look at what did NOT get addressed which is the voting machines. Georgia voting machines were scrubbed in 2017 after they were believed to have helped republicans.

https://apnews.com/article/877ee1015...5f63538b035d3f

Then again in 2020 after they were believed to help Biden beat Trump.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ounties-441342

The same republicans were in charge both times. So they threw their base some red meat (no pun intended). They passed a law with some sensible things in it (ID verification of absentee ballots and limiting absentee ballot collection boxes), and put in some nonsense (the water ban) and never addressed issues that pointed back at themselves.

georgia has coke they dont need water
    Do something Danke

I have a different theory on the Georgia voting law. There is no valid reason to put things in the law like blocking the distribution of water. I think the GOP put that in there to MAKE the law look racist.
    I'm amazed those laws were not already on the books. They have been in many other states for decades now. The GA law in no way prohibits water being distributed or people bringing their own.

What you cannot do, is pass out water, food, or like they used to do in more robust and manly times than the feminized age of fagggotry we are living in now, cigars and whiskey, and be part of a partisan political group. It was common practice in the 19th century for "machine" politicians to pass out free beer, free whiskey, free cigars and so on, in exchange for a vote in that politicians favor.

How is prohibiting that practice "racist"?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm amazed those laws were not already on the books. They have been in many other states for decades now. The GA law in no way prohibits water being distributed or people bringing their own.

What you cannot do, is pass out water, food, or like they used to do in more robust and manly times than the feminized age of fagggotry we are living in now, cigars and whiskey, and be part of a partisan political group. It was common practice in the 19th century for "machine" politicians to pass out free beer, free whiskey, free cigars and so on, in exchange for a vote in that politicians favor.

How is prohibiting that practice "racist"?
    A) I didn't say it was racist, I said it was put in to APPEAR racist.

B) I read the actual law. It does prohibit the distribution of "food or drink" within 150 feet of the polling place.

See: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.c...law-SB-202.pdf lines 1868 - 1899.

C) The question to ask yourself is....why? What does that actually help? Do you REALLY think that is someone who is not an official poll worker hands someone a bottle of water inside a polling place that somehow that will sway someone's vote? Seriously? And so if I hand someone a full chicken sandwich and lemonade at 151 feet away from the polling place that doesn't affect their vote, but magically at 149 feet a bottle of water does?

D) The "Well other states have that so it must be okay" argument doesn't fly with me. Some states have red flag laws too.

E) You missed my main point which is the people Trump says stole the election through Dominion voting machines wrote the law....and didn't address voting machines.

A) I didn't say it was racist, I said it was put in to APPEAR racist.
    Fair enough, what makes that appear racist?

B) I read the actual law. It does prohibit the distribution of "food or drink" within 150 feet of the polling place.

See: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.c...law-SB-202.pdf lines 1868 - 1899.
    It amends GA law Section 21-2-414 which restricts campaign activities and partisan polling and politicking within the vicinity of polling places.

Furthermore at line 1881:

This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote.

C) The question to ask yourself is....why? What does that actually help? Do you REALLY think that is someone who is not an official poll worker hands someone a bottle of water inside a polling place that somehow that will sway someone's vote? Seriously? And so if I hand someone a full chicken sandwich and lemonade at 151 feet away from the polling place that doesn't affect their vote, but magically at 149 feet a bottle of water does?
    It creates corruption and impropriety, yes. And it could cut both ways, never mind a sandwich but how about passing out $100 sneakers...or boxes of ammo?

D) The "Well other states have that so it must be okay" argument doesn't fly with me. Some states have red flag laws too.
    I brought that up only to point out that "buying" votes through the passing out of goodies was common bribery practice.

Turns out that I was wrong, GA does have such laws on the books already, and this merely clarifies existing law.

Now, whether it is better for the republic to be bribed with cigars and chicken sammiches as opposed to trillion dollar handout packages, is another argument.

E) You missed my main point which is the people Trump says stole the election through Dominion voting machines wrote the law....and didn't address voting machines.
    No, I didn't. Your point re: voting machines is valid, but also obvious and self evident.

The system is not going abolish itself and we all are aware of that.

My question was, and remains, how anything in this new law, could be conceived or viewed as "racist"?

Are there prohibitions in this law against certain ethnic groups that prohibit them from voting, or reduce the hours and place only they can vote, or counts their vote as one half of a white vote?

That's "Jim Crow" and that is what all the ruling class and Marxist media organs are saying this is.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Fair enough, what makes that appear racist?

It amends GA law Section 21-2-414 which restricts campaign activities and partisan polling and politicking within the vicinity of polling places.

Furthermore at line 1881:

This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote.

It creates corruption and impropriety, yes. And it could cut both ways, never mind a sandwich but how about passing out $100 sneakers...or boxes of ammo?

I brought that up only to point out that "buying" votes through the passing out of goodies was common bribery practice.

Turns out that I was wrong, GA does have such laws on the books already, and this merely clarifies existing law.

Now, whether it is better for the republic to be bribed with cigars and chicken sammiches as opposed to trillion dollar handout packages, is another argument.

No, I didn't. Your point re: voting machines is valid, but also obvious and self evident.

The system is not going abolish itself and we all are aware of that.

My question was, and remains, how anything in this new law, could be conceived or viewed as "racist"?

Are there prohibitions in this law against certain ethnic groups that prohibit them from voting, or reduce the hours and place only they can vote, or counts their vote as one half of a white vote?

That's "Jim Crow" and that is what all the ruling class and Marxist media organs are saying this is.
    So in your mind....if a Boy Scout troop decides to pass out water to people waiting in line for hours at a polling station, that's somehow "voter corruption?" Seriously? Hey...we gotta have the taxpayers do it because it private people do it then it MUST be corrupt. Ummm....okay. Sorry but I don't buy that. What appears racist is a stupid law that doesn't address ANY issue actually brou$ght up in the past campaign but might negatively affect people for no apparent reason. "Oh those republicans are just mad because so many black people in Georgia voted so they want to suppress the vote." That's the narrative. And stupid, pointless laws, like prohibiting ANYBODY who isn't a "gubmint official" from giving some old lady in line a bottle of water project the appearance of voter suppression. So does cutting down on the amount of days for early voting or the time window for getting an absentee ballot. Yes we want there to be integrity in the elections. We want to make sure nobody is taking votes out of unsecure absentee drop boxes or vote harvesting or filling out an absentee ballot on behalf of someone else who might not have even applied for one. Or...corrupt voting machines. Address the actual problems that were brought up instead of inventing problems to address.

Edit: But prove me wrong. Find me one story from 2020 where anybody claimed votes were swayed by bottles of water being passed out to people waiting in line.

Edit 2: And let's look at this logically. If I'm in line and you hand me a box of ammo or a $200 pair of sneakers to vote for candidate X...how exactly are you going to make sure I vote for candidate X? This Georgia law does not abolish absentee voting. If people really want to bribe people for votes then this law does nothing to stop that because the only way I can know who you voted for is if you absentee vote and I watch you fill the ballot out. Since your home is likely more than 150 feet away from a polling place, even under this law I can give you all of the bottles of water, whiskey or wine I want to watch you bubble in my favorite candidate. So.....?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-10-2021 at 11:44 AM.

So in your mind....if a Boy Scout troop decides to pass out water to people waiting in line for hours at a polling station, that's somehow "voter corruption?" Seriously?
    My reading of the law would say that Boy Scouts setting up and refilling coolers of water for people waiting in line to help themselves from would be perfectly legal.

My reading of the law would say that Boy Scouts setting up and refilling coolers of water for people waiting in line to help themselves from would be perfectly legal.
    Okay. So your reasoning for why one of those Boy Scouts handing a bottle of water to someone 149 feet away from a poll being a problem is what exactly? I thought the "liberty" crowd was against laws that served no actual purpose.

Okay. So your reasoning for why one of those Boy Scouts handing a bottle of water to someone 149 feet away from a poll being a problem is what exactly? I thought the "liberty" crowd was against laws that served no actual purpose.
    You're asking me to defend this law based on effectiveness.

I'm openly in favor of "voter suppression".

I don't believe that 1 in a 1000 people are qualified to be anywhere near a ballot box.

But short of that, banning openly hectoring and bribing people at polling places seems like a "reasonable" idea, for a part of "our democracy" that is not a right.

YMMV.

But that was not my question initially.

My question was how in the world that could be construed as "racism".

You're asking me to defend this law based on effectiveness.

I don't believe that 1 in a 1000 people are qualified to be anywhere near a ballot box.

But short of that, banning openly hectoring and bribing people at polling places seems like a "reasonable" idea, for a part of "our democracy" that is not a right.

YMMV.

But that was not my question initially.

My question was how in the world that could be construed as "racism".
    The definition of a bribe is something that you pay in exchange for something else. So please explain how handing someone a bottle of water 149 feet away from a polling place in any way constitutes a bribe. I already answered the "how can this be construed as racism" question. I'll happily answer it again, once you explain your "a bottle of water = a bribe even when nothing has been exchanged and the vote is still secret" rationale.

Y

Democrats and Republicans have built their entire political strategies on bribing voters. Republicans use tax cuts but no spending cuts. Democrats cater to unions, trial lawyers, letting people default on student loans, affirmative action, reparations, etc.

This whole replacement thing Tucker Carlson is in is not controversial to anyone with a functioning brain. Democrats were anti-immigrant for 70 years. The reason was unions were against immigration because they believe more workers drive down wages. Now that unions have less power, the Democrats made a bet on changing demographics through Hispanic immigration.

Democrats love to cite the Preamble of the Constitution about general welfare. What's amazing about that is the guy who wrote it was Gouverneur Morris and he HATED democracy and welfare. He didn't think the Constitution went far enough in only letting property owners vote. He thought a person who worked for wages and who wasn't a business owner shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-10-2021 at 03:27 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, reading this again, what you described would be patently illegal!

1884 "(e) This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing
    1885 materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors
    1886 or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely
    1887 for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from
    1888 making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in
    1889 line to vote."

Boy Scouts are not "poll workers." So, why should only "poll workers" be allowed to provide water within 149 feet of a poling place? Note that the way the law is written, even a poll worker can't hand a bottle of water to someone. He or she can hand you a pen or pencil or a ballot or an "I voted" sticker. But, for some yet to be explained reason, if someone hands you a bottle of water, rather than letting you pick it up yourself, that somehow places the validity of the election in jeopardy? Seriously? And if the poll workers at a particular location neglect to provide for the water needs of people who may be waiting in line for a couple of hours by putting water in an "unattended receptacle" and some well wisher decides to help solve the problem....well that's somehow an election violation? Somehow that's a "bribe?"

As for the "race angle" it's a well known secret that voting lines in minority communities are longer than normal. I have no idea why that is. So if denying people who are waiting in line for an hour to vote ready access to a bottle of water is a "voter suppression tactic", it will most likely affect minority voters. Voter suppression that affected minority voters was a hallmark of the Jim Crowe era. But again....why? If we are really worried about the integrity of the vote....if we only care to make sure it's legit voters voting and they only vote once....then why the need for sections of this new law that go outside of that legitimate aim?

But hey. Let's suppress the vote. Here's an idea. Only people with college degrees or better are allowed to vote. I am sure that will really help conservative causes. /sarcasm

Democrats and Republicans have built their entire political strategies on bribing voters. Republicans use tax cuts but no spending cuts. Democrats cater to unions, trial lawyers, letting people default on student loans, affirmative action, reparations, etc.
    And both sides cater to corporate donors and defense contractors. And republicans cater to police unions. And the bribes go the other way through corporate and union donations and lobbyists.

Actually, reading this again, what you described would be patently illegal!
    This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit...making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote.

But, for some yet to be explained reason, if someone hands you a bottle of water...
    I explained the reason: bribes and goodies and handouts to get people into voting booths to vote for "X" is a corrupting practice that should be prohibited.

As for the "race angle" it's a well known secret that voting lines in minority communities are longer than normal. I have no idea why that is. So if denying people who are waiting in line for an hour to vote ready access to a bottle of water is a "voter suppression tactic", it will most likely affect minority voters. Voter suppression that affected minority voters was a hallmark of the Jim Crowe era.
    As I have quoted the law numerous times that states there is no prohibition to water being made available to people waiting to vote, and furthermore, absolutely no prohibition against bringing along your own food and drink, I still fail to see "racism".

If this were white people making this argument, we'd get laughed in our faces and mocked about our "white fragility".

In fact, the only "racism" I see is the implied notion that "minorities" are too half-witted to plan far enough into the future to say: "Gee, I gotta go vote today and it's hot, I may be on line for awhile, better throw a bottled water or two into my backpack or purse or pocket."

I explained the reason: bribes and goodies and handouts to get people into voting booths to vote for "X" is a corrupting practice that should be prohibited.
    You know what John...in retrospect, I see how silly that statement is, and realize you're right.

We're far enough down the road to turd world $#@!hole-ism that it really doesn't matter, trying to infuse integrity into a mortally wounded institution is fool's triage.

$#@! it, line up the semis, pass out Nikes and cigarettes and booze and god knows what else to sway the vote on way or the other.

It's a metric $#@! ton cheaper, in blood and treasure, than buying off Boobus with warfare and welfare.

//
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-10-2021 at 08:20 PM.

You know what John...in retrospect, I see how silly that statement is, and realize you're right.

We're far enough down the road to turd world $#@!hole-ism that it really doesn't matter, trying to infuse integrity into a mortally wounded institution is fool's triage.

$#@! it, line up the semis, pass out Nikes and cigarettes and booze and god knows what else to sway the vote on way or the other.

It's a metric $#@! ton cheaper, in blood and treasure, than buying off Boobus with warfare and welfare.
    LOL. I will say this and leave it. I typically see food trucks parked outside the "no campaign materials past this point" limit at voting time and they give away free fish plates and BBQ. I've picked up a plate from time to time. It had no effect on my vote. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the case that somehow my vote could be swayed it I got a bottle of water closer to the voting booth. As long as nobody is in the booth with me they don't know what my vote is. But maybe I'm just special.