Thread: DC teenagers involved in armed carjacking get plea deal

DC teenagers involved in armed carjacking get plea deal

DC teenagers involved in armed carjacking get plea deal

Two teenage girls charged in the fatal carjacking of a Washington, D.C., Uber Eats driver reportedly reached a plea deal with prosecutors on Monday.

The suspects, 13 and 15, were charged with the murder of 66-year-old Mohammad Anwar after they allegedly stole his car, crashed it, and Anwar was fatally ejected from the vehicle, video footage showed.

The deal would ensure that the two minors will not be held until they reach age 21 or be placed in a prison facility, according to a report by the Daily Mail.
    Lotze predicted a plea agreement would involve admitting guilt and being placed in a youth shelter, home detention, or probation.
    More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-eats-killing
    Just admit guilt, go home...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Meanwhile in D.C. ...

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...89790768320512

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...01186147016705

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...08286235484160

... it was an "accident," says CNN ...

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1375881068847509504
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Doesn't seem to be premeditated. Nothing to see here, move along. Some people did something. (But be sure to add it to the hate crime stats.)
    No harm, no foul. Move along.

Meanwhile, some people who trespassed at the Capitol in DC have been in jail for months...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lock those girls up and throw away the key.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...94211557031942
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Meanwhile, some people who trespassed at the Capitol in DC have been in jail for months...
    people arrested after US Capitol riot
    These "unrest-related" arrests were reported by the Metropolitan Police Department or the Capitol Police Department on Wednesday and Thursday in or near the Capitol and may include some of those also named above.
    Name Not Released, Maryland
    Charge: curfew violation
    16-year-old minor
    Ryan Mason, Maryland
    Charges: curfew violation, unlawful entry

FBI Atlanta arrests 18-year-old on charges connected to U.S. Capitol riots

wsbtv.com/news/local/fbi-atlanta-arrests-metro-18-year-old-charges-connected-us-capitol-riots/

Well some of those who trespassed "People's building" in DC were allegedly also carrying Confederate Flags.

Is any part of it due to "Training" (of Police, Mayor) also?

DC mayor issues tone-deaf tweet in wake of Uber driver death

By Joe Tacopino
    March 28, 2021
    Teens accused in deadly Uber Eats carjacking may get cushy plea deal with no jail time: report
    Fatal carjacking of Uber Eats driver is part of disturbing trend in DC: cops
    ‘This is my car!’: Graphic video shows deadly Uber Eats carjacking by teen girls

Washington, DC, Mayor Muriel Bowser was ripped on Sunday for posting a tone-deaf tweet about auto theft prevention just days after the deadly carjacking of an Uber Eats driver.
    Bowser shared a video from DC’s Metro police on “preventing auto thefts” following the death last Tuesday of Mohammad Anwar, who was killed after two stun gun-wielding teen girls allegedly carjacked him.
    The mayor removed the tweet Sunday evening following a torrent of criticism.

“Auto theft is a crime of opportunity. Follow these steps to reduce the risk of your vehicle becoming a target. Remember the motto, #ProtectYourAuto,” Bowser wrote in the since-deleted tweet Sunday.

Anwar, 66, died when he was flung from the car onto a sidewalk. The two girls escaped without injury.

Washington, DC Mayor Muriel Bowser testifies at a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing on the District of Columbia statehood bill on March 22, 2021.
    nypost.com/2021/03/28/dc-mayor-issues-tone-deaf-tweet-in-wake-of-uber-driver-death/

Israel Trains D.C. Police Over City Council Objections
    theintercept
    Sep 15, 2017 — Israel Security Forces Are Training American Cops Despite History of Rights Abuses · Among the trainees in the latest trip is a Washington D.C. .

Mayor Bowser to Lead Israel Trade Mission to Promote DC
    Jun 23, 2019

Also, prosecutions in cases of "People's building" trespassers may have have also been influenced by role of powerful left-wing lobbies that had been accused of helping with "coup" against then Prez Trump.

Broken system is Broken.

I knew that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The girls may have some connection with people in power in Dc. That might be interesting to look into...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...94211557031942
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Broken system is Broken.

I knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    The girls may have some connection with people in power in Dc. That might be interesting to look into...
    Ummmmm...Captain Obvious says street racer was 24 and taser car jackers were 13 and 14!

Maybe some of y'all are too young to remember the two white kids that did the mass school shooting in Arkansas and were both due to be released when they turned 21? We're talking premeditated murder. (No. A carjacking gone bad is not premeditated murder, though it can be charged as felony murder.) But they didn't make a mistake. They planned out out the murders of their classmates and teachers in advance.

See: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...sas-kills-five

If you want to compare apples to apples, black adult street racer who accidentally killed someone versus white adult street racer who accidentally killed someone, consider the case of Carmesia Flanagan. And yes, she was charged with murder.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmmm...Captain Obvious says street racer was 24 and taser car jackers were 13 and 14!
    Captain O should check again: street racer was 18 - just a few years older than the girls. (He was sentenced to 24 years.)

Maybe some of y'all are too young to remember the two white kids that did the mass school shooting in Arkansas and were both due to be released when they turned 21? We're talking premeditated murder. (No. A carjacking gone bad is not premeditated murder, though it can be charged as felony murder.) But they didn't make a mistake. They planned out out the murders of their classmates and teachers in advance.

See: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...sas-kills-five
    And as minors, they were sent to prison for as long as the law allowed (to age 21). That won't happen in this case. In fact, the girls won't go to prison at all. From the OP:
    The deal would ensure that the two minors will not be held until they reach age 21 or be placed in a prison facility.
    If you want to compare apples to apples, black adult street racer who accidentally killed someone versus white adult street racer who accidentally killed someone, consider the case of Carmesia Flanagan. And yes, she was charged with murder.
    Walsh is aware of the differences ...

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/st...94716874203142
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-09-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Captain O should check again: street racer was 18 - just a few years older than the girls. (He was sentenced to 24 years.)
    Okay. Still an adult. I'm sure you understand the huge difference between 14 and 18. Matt Goetz apparently does not.

And as minors, they were sent to prison for as long as the law allowed (to age 21). That won't happen in this case. In fact, the girls won't go to prison at all. From the OP:
    So....let me see if I understand. You think there is some equivalence between the premeditated murder of children and a carjacking gone bad? I keep seeing people put "accident" in quotes. That's bvllshyt. The death of the driver was an accident. The carjacking was premeditated but the girls didn't intend to kill anyone. They weren't sociopaths. Involuntary confinement of minors is based on the need to protect the minors and society. Do you really think you are in as much danger from stupid carjackers as you are from someone who sets up a kill zone for other children? Seriously?

Walsh is aware of the differences ...
    Apparently he isn't. Apparently you aren't either. You both seem focused on race. I gave you an apples to apples comparison where the crime is the same (death from street racing), the age threshold is the same (both over 18) and the race is different (black versus white) and the results are the same (both charged with murder).

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Some have been released on bail.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2B02AR

And Kyle Rittenhouse is out on bond. Must be some "fat boy privilege" going on here.

Some have been released on bail.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2B02AR

And Kyle Rittenhouse is out on bond. Must be some "fat boy privilege" going on here.
    Comparisons always highlight discrepancies. The justice system is all over the map.

Due to the youth of the perps in this case, what punishment is just and reasonable? Will simply sending them home serve as a deterrent or rehabilitate them? Sending them to prison with hardened criminals probably won't help rehabilitate. What works?

Comparisons always highlight discrepancies. The justice system is all over the map.

Due to the youth of the perps in this case, what punishment is just and reasonable? Will simply sending them home serve as a deterrent or rehabilitate them? Sending them to prison with hardened criminals probably won't help rehabilitate. What works?
    I would put them in an alternative school until they turned 18. Possibly a boarding school, especially if their home life is screwed up. I've have tried over the years to help troubled youths. The first set had a decent mom, but the middle school they went to was HORRIBLE! Seriously the black female principal over the school hated black boys. And the entire school was overrun by gangs. One of the boys had gotten suspended and I asked his mom why she wasn't having him keep up with his work. She said the school wouldn't let him take his books home. I thought "You just don't know how to ask right" and since I had a degree I thought I knew better. The male vice principal, an African, was happy I was "taking an interest in the young man" and gave me the books. I was almost out the door when the witch ran into me. She was all "You don't know him! He's a thug and just wants to be a thug and will always be a thug." He had NOT been any problem before going to her school! Needless to say she didn't let me take the books home. Later he got suspended again and put into an alternative school. HE STARTED MAKING STRAIGHT A'S! He was away from the witch principal and his gang friends. I was like LEAVE HIM THERE! Instead he got put back in the evil woman's school, and later ended up in real trouble with the law. He's doing okay now.

More recently, I had some homeless kids staying with me. ALL of their parents were pretty much worthless. Well...one of the dads I think was decent. The moms were worthless. One mother stole from her own daughter. I kept them out of trouble as best I could, making them return items they shoplifted for example. Eventually I helped them find other places to stay, find jobs, and made sure they kept up with their distance learning. (Much of this was during COVID). Sadly one of the young men got caught up in a carjacking ring. Thankfully nobody got killed. He's now at a military style boarding school. Hopefully he will remain there until he graduates and he'll learn a marketable skill. And why was he carjacking? To get cash to repay his brother for a cell phone and help his girlfriend with rent. A contractor had been depending on him to do work and would have given him a cash advance if he had asked. And his brother could have waited on the money. But these kids have grown up with almost NO guidance. It's sad really. But it's a fixable problem.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-10-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Okay. Still an adult. I'm sure you understand the huge difference between 14 and 18. Matt Goetz apparently does not.
    Whatever difference there may be, it is certainly not so huge that an 18-year-old can reasonably be expected to understand that street racing is dangerous and stupid, that carjacking is dangerous and morally wrong, and that if one does either of those things one can and should be held to account for the consequences, but 13- or 14-year-olds cannot.

So....let me see if I understand. You think there is some equivalence between the premeditated murder of children and a carjacking gone bad?
    I neither said nor implied any such thing. By the same logic, I could say, "So ... let me see if I understand. You think there is some equivalence between a carjacking that results in the death of an innocent person and someone hitting and killing a pedestrian because that person had a heart attack while driving?" But I won't say it, because you haven't given me any reason to think such a silly thing about you - just as I haven't given you any reason to think that I regard premeditated murder and "a carjacking gone bad" as somehow equivalent.

And if I wanted to be as snarky and accusatory as you are for some reason being towards me, I could also point out that the notion of a "carjacking gone bad" is a rather bizarre way of putting things (carjackings don't "go bad," they already are bad, and can only get worse, which is what this one did) and could be interpreted as an attempt by you to downplay the gravity of what happened. But I won't do that either, because I don't actually think that of you and I'm not trying to be snarky or accusatory.

I keep seeing people put "accident" in quotes. That's bvllshyt. The death of the driver was an accident. The carjacking was premeditated but the girls didn't intend to kill anyone.
    It's not "bvllshyt." What happened may not have been intended, but it was not an "accident," either. When, for example, a driver hits and kills a pedestrian because he had a heart attack (or swerved to avoid an animal in the road), that is an accident. In order for an event to be accidental, it is necessary but not sufficient that the person responsible for the accident did not intend the consequences of the accident. Mohammad Anwar's death occurred as a direct result of the commission of a violent malum in se crime, and referring to his death as "accidental" glosses over this critical distinction. His death was not intentional, but it was also not "accidental."

They weren't sociopaths. Involuntary confinement of minors is based on the need to protect the minors and society. Do you really think you are in as much danger from stupid carjackers as you are from someone who sets up a kill zone for other children? Seriously?
    You are again making grotesque inferences about things you imagine I consider to be "equivalent." I have not said anything whatsoever about thinking I am in any "danger" from anyone, or about what I think any of the people you are referring to might or might not do to me (or anyone else).

In actual fact, I think mass incarceration (not only of minors, but even of violent adult felons) - not to mention the "prison-industrial complex" it has spawned - is one of the most stupidly counter-productive aspects of our current "justice" system. Stacking and racking people in rape-cage dormitories only turns the innocents who get sent there into criminals, and makes the criminals who get sent there even more hardened than they were before. There are cases where forcible sequestration might be called for, but restitution on pain of outlawry should be the default. Unfortunately, that is not how things work at present.

Apparently he isn't. Apparently you aren't either. You both seem focused on race. I gave you an apples to apples comparison where the crime is the same (death from street racing), the age threshold is the same (both over 18) and the race is different (black versus white) and the results are the same (both charged with murder).
    Apart from my first post, which was composed of nothing but a tweet from Matt Walsh without any commentary by me (and about which see the next paragraph), I have not made so much as a single reference to race, either directly or indirectly. Race is utterly irrelevant to anything I have said in any of my replies to you. Nothing I have said in any of those replies can reasonably be characterized as "seem[ing to be] focused on race."

As for Walsh, the only reference he made to race was his comment about "white privilege." His point in that regard - and my point in posting his tweet - was that if the system is as "systemically racist" as some make it out to be, then how can it be that the white street racer who had the "book thrown at him" didn't get off any easier while the black carjackers will be let off about as easy as it is possible for anyone to be let off? And your reference to the black street racer who got the same punishment as the white one is an even better example that only reinforces the point Walsh was making (and the point I wanted to illustrate by posting his tweet): namely, where is the much-ballyhooed "white privilege" to be found in any of this?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-23-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Did you mean 18 and 17?

Of whom, we don't even know if she exists..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did you mean 18 and 17?

Of whom, we don't even know if she exists..
    I was pointing out that 18 is the magic number. The white street racer who got hard time at 18 is in the same category as the black woman street racer who is facing hard time as both are over 18. If Matt Gaetz did get with a 17 year old he as under the magic number. That said, apparently his buddy, that took $900 from Matt and distributed to 3 different women under dubious circumstances, has pleaded to trafficking of a woman under 18. Same woman? Seems quite possible at this point.

Edit: This whole thread is based on a false narrative. The OP article got the plea deal wrong. The girls, since they are charged as juveniles, face involuntary commitment at a juvenile facility up to the age of 21.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-11-2021 at 01:17 AM.

I just researched this case and found The Washington Examiner got the story wrong! These girls will be involuntarily committed up to the age of 21. This who thread is based on bad reporting. Here are the actual facts of the deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...plea-deal.html
    Two teen girls accused of car-jacking and killing Uber Eats driver in D.C. 'reach plea deal ensuring they'll not be held past age of 21 or go to prison'

Two girls, ages 13 and 15, who were charged with the murder and carjacking of a Mohammad Anwar, 66, in DC , have reportedly reached a plea deal

On Monday, the teens are said to have reached the deal with prosecutors that would ensure they won't be held past age of 21 nor be placed in a prison facility

Anwar died when police said the girls, armed with a taser, sped off in his car as he clung to the driver's side with the door open and crashed seconds later

So these girls will quite likely be involuntarily confined at a juvenile facility until the age of 21. That's the same punishment the 2 adolescents who killed their own classmates and teachers in Arkansas got.

So no. This story in no way proves or disproves "white privilege." All it proves is if you want to risk someone else's life, whether through illegal street racing or carjacking, you're better of doing it before you turn 18. But....who didn't already know that?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-11-2021 at 01:15 AM.

I just researched this case and found The Washington Examiner got the story wrong! These girls will be involuntarily committed up to the age of 21. This who thread is based on bad reporting. Here are the actual facts of the deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...plea-deal.html

[...]
    I've had the same experience with other stories published by the Washington Examiner. This serves as a good reminder to always take note of the source of a story before taking it at face value. If I hadn't neglected to do so in this case, I would have been more skeptical. (And to be fair, the Daily Mail isn't exactly noted for its reliability, either ...)

I've had the same experience with other stories published by the Washington Examiner. This serves as a good reminder to always take note of the source of a story before taking it at face value. If I hadn't neglected to do so in this case, I would have been more skeptical. (And to be fair, the Daily Mail isn't exactly noted for its reliability, either ...)
    True. But I've found the same story on multiple sources. Here's Fox News: https://video.foxnews.com/v/6247078598001#sp=show-clips

Interestingly enough, Benard Kerick points out on Fox that the 13 y/o couldn't be charged as an adult but the 15 y/o could have been. The Fox News commentator makes a big deal out of the "no prison time" aspect. I'm not sure how many of these media talking heads have actually visited a juvenile detention facility. And I don't know what the DC juvenile detention facilities are like. But in Tennessee a juvenile offender could end up somewhere like....

If white kids had done this to a black man there would be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    If white kids had done this to a black man there would be hell to pay.
    The white man who killed 2 blacks and 2 Hispanics at the Waffle House in Nashville never even went to trial because he was deemed mentally unfit. The law did what it was supposed to do in that case which is to protect the mentally unfit. In this case the law is meant to protect minors from the full effect of their stupid actions. I doubt if these had been white kids and the victim black (as opposed to brown as was in this case) that the results would have been any different. Contrary to the false narrative being put out by some "conservatives", these teens are most likely going to be incarcerated for years. They just won't be incarcerated in an adult facility. And that's what typically happens to white kids, even those who plead guilty to mass shootings.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Video of carjacking had been leaked:

Caution: graphic video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MajX6b5OSQU

One of the carjackers reportedly had been arrested in Jan also for similar crime. DC mayor is under attack from the Right mostly (Newsmax, Ben Sahpiro etc) highlighting her BLM ties and MSM is mostly quiet. There maybe a political angle here also for Newsmax, Wash Examiner etc. So far (left-wing) Israel lobby supported Mayor Muriel Bowser appears to be ok politically but things could change depending on future developments relating to the plea deal. But based on initial reporting, so called 'cushy plea deal' appears to be nothing like the Epstein-Acosta 'sweet deal' that eventually led to resignation of Acosta from his cabinet post down the road.

DC Mayor Plays 'Blame the Victim' Game with Dead UberEats Driver

This would also be the same Mayor Bowser who less than a year ago renamed 16th Street, which sits in front of Lafayette Park near the White House, "Black Lives Matter Plaza," and directed city crews to deface the pavement with graffiti stating "BLACK LIVES MATTER" in huge yellow block letters.
    And this would be the same District of Columbia that has a history of making it nearly impossible to legally purchase a firearm — let alone acquire a concealed carry permit to protect yourself from similar attacks.
    newsmax.com/michaeldorstewitz/carjacking-murder-washington-dc/2021/03/29/id/1015571/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not sure on stats, but use of tasers, knives, guns could be making carjackings much more deadly going be recent reporst only.

nypost.com/2021/03/28/uber-eats-driver-death-part-of-teen-carjacking-trend-in-dc/

Fatal carjacking of Uber Eats driver is part of disturbing trend in DC: cops

March 28, 2021
    DC mayor issues tone-deaf tweet in wake of Uber driver death

Four teenage boys have been arrested for carjackings in Washington, DC, after a similar incident led to the death of an Uber Eats driver earlier this week, police said.
    In what may be part of a disturbing trend, cops on Saturday busted two 13-year-old boys for two back-to-back armed carjackings — just days after two teenage girls were charged with murdering the Uber driver, the Metropolitan Police Department said in a press release.
    During the first jacking, one of the teens allegedly whipped out a handgun and demanded that a victim get out of the car — before fleeing in the ride at around 7:10 p.m. Friday, according to police.
    Just over an hour later, the same teens allegedly struck again, pulling the same move in a nearby Northwest section of the city at 8:40 p.m., according to cops.

Two Teens, Age 14, Charged With Capital Murder in Stabbing Death of Uber Eats Driver

Two teens arrested at an apartment complex about a half of a mile from where the murder took place
    January 27, 2021
    Two 14-year-olds are in custody, accused of capital murder in the death of 31-year-old mother and food delivery worker Ryan Graham Munsie.
    There is a possibility the teens could be charged as adults.
    It will be up to the Tarrant County District Attorney and ultimately a district judge to decide if one, or both teens, will face trial as adults.

Matt Goetz apparently does not.
    hah
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Not clear if controversy surrounding above carjacking headlines, Israel lobby supported DC Mayor statement and Foxnews/conservatives criticism was also a factor but BLM protest reportedly was cancelled after it came out that the carjacker police shot dead was violent.

BLM protesters drop to one knee and prepare to march after hearing Minnesota police have shot dead a man - but backtrack when it's revealed he was a violent carjacker

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Published: 21:30 EDT, 18 April 2021 | Updated: 10:08 EDT, 19 April 2021

Demonstrators in Minnesota dropped to their knees and made plans to mobilize at the site of a fatal officer-involved shooting - before learning the victim they were memorializing was a carjacking suspect who allegedly shot at police.
    The Black Lives Matters protesters, who were demonstrating Sunday outside the governor's mansion, could be seen in video shot by a local reporter observing a moment of silence when they heard of a police-involved shooting in Burnsville, Minnesota.
    'This information HAS NOT been confirmed but this group says they're heading there', tweeted Fox 9 reporter Mitti Hicks.

Roughly an hour later, Hicks tweeted that the group was 'heading back to Brooklyn Center (the site of the Daunte Wright shooting) because they need more information about what happened in Burnsville first.'
    What actually happened in Burnsville was a wild chase down a highway in which a carjacking suspect allegedly shot at police before he was shot dead.

Protestors kneel after hearing there was an officer-involved shooting in Burnsville moments ago. This information HAS NOT been confirmed but this group says they're heading there. pic.twitter.com/MHdQQmytnY

The motorist could be seen heading over the grassy median into oncoming traffic to get away from the gunman. He was shot dead by police shortly afterwards

The suspect, a white male in his 20s, was shot Sunday afternoon on State Highway 13 at the interchange of Interstate 35W in Burnsville, Minnesota after police said he abandoned a stolen car, tried to steal two others at gunpoint and shot at cops.

A woman identified as one of the attempted carjack victims told the press that the police had no choice but to open fire.
    'Them officers, they didn't kill him, they didn't murder him,' the woman said.
    'The guy could have killed me and my 6-year-old goddaughter. He could have killed who knows how many people,' she said.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9485487/Carjacker-abandons-stolen-car-points-gun-motorist-police-shoot-dead.html

What will the penalty be in this case?

A 73-year-old grandmother was killed during a horrific carjacking in New Orleans when her arm and clothes were ripped off after she got stuck by the seatbelt as the attackers drove off, authorities said.

Linda Frickey was carjacked by four teens about 1:30 p.m. Monday as she was leaving a business in New Orleans’ Mid-City neighborhood, WWL-TV reported.

She was dragged for almost an entire block on North Scott Street, according to the outlet.

“Her arm was severed from her body,” police Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said.

An eyewitness told WWL-TV that the victim was trying to put something in her car when a person “jumped in and kicked her out and she got caught in the wheel well.

“I heard screaming, like, ‘You’re about to die’ screaming!” the witness said.

Nearby resident Todd Eckernc said he saw the speeding car dragging the woman by the seatbelt.

“The door had closed on the seatbelt, and she was stuck in it … I got out of my vehicle screaming, ‘Please stop!’ Other neighbors were also screaming,” he told Fox 8.

Another neighbor who had been walking in the area described the gruesome scene.

“She was screaming, and she was screaming to please let her go and then they slowed down and opened the door to kick her out,” Leanne Mascar told Fox 8.

“As soon as I saw her, I screamed. I just started running for her — I thought if I could somehow, I don’t know what I could do, but I thought if I could dislodge her from this car … when I looked down her body was already there, and her arm was … It’s just not something you expect to see,” she said.
    https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/linda-...ng-carjacking/

What will the penalty be in this case?
    Those darned Amish kids again, I'm sure.