Thread: Project VENONA: Comintern Goes Beyond Alger Hiss

Project VENONA: Comintern Goes Beyond Alger Hiss

McCarthy was lampooned and berated for exposing ACTUAL Soviet operatives, which Comintern and the Venona papers can all verify. I've known Yale In China made then-to-be Chairman Mao, and that FDR's own sanctions against Japan forced her hand, but here's an abstract which has got me reading deeper into the Pacific War:

War Responsibility of the CCP, USSR, and FDR

Mishima's conjecture that beneath the Japanese (at least pre-Anime/Nintendo) lay a brute, who would defend the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere to his death, was not an observation lost on Willoughby and MacArthur - both of whom despised what the US, USSR and GB had done to imperial Japan.

Pearl Harbor was in full accordance of international law at the time, and, at least from my reading, a well deserved match to (the three times God-damned) FDR's crippling sanctions and belligerence in arming Stalin. (For real, was FDR a $#@!ing reptile or just pond scum? Did he ever have a mammalian mother?)

Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-14-2017 at 05:13 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thnx 4 this... I'm interested in learning more.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    thnx 4 this... I'm interested in learning more.
    Not a problem. The hole we dug ourselves in the Pacific sounds eerily familiar to our present predicaments in Arabia, and with the N Koreans. This is a very cynical game we play with the world; our economic warfare's very British, very colonial. If he could see today, Hugo Grotius would be appalled by the USG's domination over the seas, and arbitrary use of power to enter exclusive treaties and choke trade between other nations. Sanctions are terrorism: they only harm civilians and provoke wars.

If there was any doubt that the brains at PNAC were still Trotskyists, their desire for a new Pearl Harbor speaks for itself. PNAC well knew what that meant, when they drafted their prospectus. These neo-conartists are worse than Roosevelt, because they still exert influence, and, at the very least, still breath.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-14-2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: ps

@goldenequity

I found some more goodies, like 40 pages of OSS-CCP collusion, and an account of Mao's rise to power within the CCP and Republic of China: all thanks to the Brits, Soviets, and Americans. Good information specific to the Japanese point of view is hard to come by, but there is scattered info out there. These are some well documented accounts, I'm kind of surprised, but I shouldn't be - I'm a Westerner, and this is Asian history.

Thanks 4 this.
    Studying honor, passion and betrayals, corruption is always sobering to me.
    The 'good' don't always win and the wicked do go unpunished.
    Cries for justice seem to go unheard and become lost and forgotten.
    I try to treasure every moment I have in peace and quiet full well knowing what's out there.
    Words will always fail here so I'll stop before I attempt the impossible.
    Cheers.