Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2,200 inmates to be released under First Step Act.

2,200 inmates to be released under First Step Act.

Orange Man Bad.

More than 2,200 inmates are reportedly set to be released under the First Step Act, a bill signed into law last year by President Trump that reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances.

A Justice Department official told The Associated Press that under the law's resentencing provisions, more than 1,600 inmates have qualified for a reduced sentence, while more than 1,100 have been released.
    The First Step Act reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances, offers resources for former inmates seeking employment and expands on "good time credits" for well-behaved prisoners looking for shorter sentences.
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...I2qpW2Z3Fvfswk

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An law signed by the Obama admin.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    No.

a bill signed into law last year by President Trump that reduces mandatory minimum sentences in certain instances.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ya lyin' assed $#@!ity $#@!. Step the $#@! on out with your idgitness. Neg. Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ya lyin' assed $#@!ity $#@!. Step the $#@! on out with your idgitness. Neg. Rep.
    I was aware of a law that Trump signed last year but i didn't thought he he would act upon it.

Question Illegal Aliens - Free at last

2,200 inmates to be released under First Step Act.
    Undocumented illegal Alien "Dream Students".
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Undocumented illegal Alien "Dream Students".
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

God bless.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was aware of a law that Trump signed last year but i didn't thought he he would act upon it.
    One of these posts is not like the other.

TDS at play?

Your neg. rep told me "I need to chill."

Tired of "Chilling." You need to $#@! off.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Black Lives Matter supporter Kim Kardashian and First Son in Law Kushner also have been leading these efforts and should get credit.
    Yes, they should.

I like this link better, it's not so vague. + rep for the story.

https://apnews.com/2344999112e3444ba2abbb1181eb9e32
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I like this link better, it's not so vague. + rep for the story.

https://apnews.com/2344999112e3444ba2abbb1181eb9e32
    Matt Collins?

People out of the crossbar hotel is always a good thing!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully those 2,200 inmates won't be going back to jail and they can move on with their lives.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    People out of the crossbar hotel is always a good thing!
    I agree; but I guarantee you that the TDS reporters are going to be watching every single one of these inmates closely and as soon as one steps out of line or breaks the law, Trump is going to get all the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hopefully those 2,200 inmates won't be going back to jail and they can move on with their lives.
    Probably not going to happen, government will make certain that life is as difficult and miserable as they can make it.

Between probation and digital records every one of these people will be red-flagged and observed for the rest of their lives.

Non-violent offenders should get their 2nd amendment right as well.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Good move by Trump. I hope he continues on this path to make America great again.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Your neg. rep told me "I need to chill."

Tired of "Chilling." You need to $#@! off.
    Granted, your profile picture is a mushroom cloud.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Granted, your profile picture is a mushroom cloud.
    And there is that.

Banned

Blog Entries
    When Trump pardoned the Hammonds, @pcosmar said he was doing it to throw alt-right & white nationalists a bone.

So he must have signed this law just to throw white nationalists a bone.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    EndMaditorySentencing

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    When Trump pardoned the Hammonds, @pcosmar said he was doing it to throw alt-right & white nationalists a bone.

So he must have signed this law just to throw white nationalists a bone.
    This started in 2013 when Trump was still hanging with Bill and Hillary. and anything helps,,but this looks more like a Cost saving Move for the Prison Industrial Complex..

They won't have to provide healthcare to ageing convicts.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They all should.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I agree; but I guarantee you that the TDS reporters are going to be watching every single one of these inmates closely and as soon as one steps out of line or breaks the law, Trump is going to get all the blame.
    But Sanctuary cities are praised.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They all should.
    Agreed. If they serve their time, all their rights should be protected again.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    "Violence" needs to be specified.

According to law a non-functional firearm hanging on the wall while a joint is being smoked constitutes a "crime of violence"..

Talking about defending yourself against wayward cops is a crime of violence. (edit) it does take specific circumstances for talk to equate to violence but mere officer testimony clears that hurdle.

Prosecutors write and interpret the laws as they wish and the kourts uphold their opinions.
    Last edited by tod evans; 07-17-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast