Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herman Cain Dead

Herman Cain Dead

BREAKING

Herman Cain has died.

Will update if his condition changes.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/he.../30/id/979733/
    Last edited by sparebulb; 07-30-2020 at 09:02 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.whio.com/news/trending/f...NYNSY3Q3VBALI/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/...-hospitalized/
    As a cancer survivor, Cain, age 74, is considered at an increased risk for coronavirus, according to US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance.

In 2006, Cain was given a 30% chance of survival from stage 4 colon cancer that had spread to his liver. He underwent chemotherapy and surgery to remove the cancer from his liver and was declared cancer free in 2007.
    I remember reading Herman Cain has a Masters in Computer Science - not at all an easy degree to get.

Herman Cain dies after contracting coronavirus

RIP.

Afraid because of timing and CNN report of July 3rd, the circumstances could create another covid-19 related controversy.

July 2, 2020 - According to a statement posted to his Twitter account, Cain is hospitalized "after he had developed symptoms serious enough that he required hospitalization." Earlier in the week he was informed that he had tested positive for the coronavirus. "Mr. Cain did not require a respirator, and he is awake and alert." Cain, as a co-chair of Black Voices for Trump, was one of the surrogates at Trump's June 20 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    https://www.cnn.com/2013/07/08/us/he...cts/index.html

June 27, 2020
    Trump Campaign Removed Social-Distancing Stickers From Seats at Tulsa Rally

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...lsa-rally.html

ETA:
    Tried to confirm that the NY Mag report was not fakenews, it was initially reported by WaPo apaprently that has history of fakenews also. But it appears it was not fakenews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...154_story.html

Workers removed thousands of social distancing stickers before Trump’s Tulsa rally, according to video and a person familiar with the set-up

June 27, 2020
    In the hours before President Trump’s rally in Tulsa, his campaign directed the removal of thousands of “Do Not Sit Here, Please!” stickers from seats in the arena that were intended to establish social distance between rallygoers, according to video and photos obtained by The Washington Post and a person familiar with the event.
    The removal contradicted instructions from the management of the BOK Center, the 19,000-seat arena in downtown Tulsa where Trump held his rally on June 20. At the time, coronavirus cases were rising sharply in Tulsa County, and Trump faced intense criticism for convening a large crowd for an indoor political rally, his first such event since the start of the pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvsizZ7cLFw

He also suffered from stage 4 colon cancer at some point, so his compromised body and immune system didn't exactly help him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    He also suffered from stage 4 colon cancer at some point, so his compromised body and immune system didn't exactly help him.
    That doesn't matter anymore--he died of Covid-19.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Reports of his death was actually circulating on the net days ago. Goes to show how "delayed" the official news of such things actually is.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Zero reports on whether he was taking hydroxychoroquine as a prophylaxis, or if he started taking it and zinc as soon as he had his first symptoms. If he had done that, the MSM would probably be reporting on it. It's possible they will wait a few days as he just died.

Who knows what shape he was in. He was old and high-risk.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Reuters:"Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19"

There is a stark difference in tone between the Trump team's somewhat nuanced advisories to wear masks vs media narratives with high dose of fear:

July 30, 2020 / 10:52 AM

Herman Cain, ex-presidential candidate who refused to wear mask, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis

(Reuters) - Herman Cain, a former Republican presidential candidate and supporter of President Donald Trump who pointedly refused to wear a mask during the coronavirus pandemic, has died after contracting COVID-19, his website said on Thursday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN24V2OD

Related

Herman Cain dies after contracting coronavirus

Have a feeling that his death is going to be highly politicized since he was at Trump's rally that he held a few weeks back.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

Herman Cain has died.

Will update if his condition changes.
    Please do. Might have to start a new religion if his condition changes.

Have a feeling that his death is going to be highly politicized since he was at Trump's rally that he held a few weeks back.
    I want to say they're above that, but they really aren't.

Its already on RPF, @enhanced_deficit can't help itself and is connecting the death to Trump.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

Its already on RPF, @enhanced_deficit can't help itself and is connecting the death to Trump.
    Well he did go to that rally where everyone was unmasked. Either we are in a pandemic with mask laws or we are not. Which is it? Why should Trump not be criticized for holding an unmasked rally if we all are required to masks in public places?

Dying of lung failure to own the libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If you can let go of the Trump worship for a moment, you'll see that @enhanced_deficit isn't wrong on this. Trump should have insisted on social distancing as a way to mask low numbers. It was a stupid, stupid gamble. He gained nothing from having a "packed" half full auditorium. Herman Cain took a gamble too and it may have cost him his life. Yes he was old and had underlying conditions. That's why he should have stayed the hell out of crowds. People can argue that masks don't work. But if Cain had had on a mask and still got sick and died then Trump wouldn't be dealing with bad optics along with losing a key supporter. Goodness. Total train wreck. No other way to spin this one.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Online news media headlines are already very political including popular sources like Reuters,TMZ etc linking it directly to masks, Tulsa rally but brief TV reporting I saw seemed pretty apolitical. Things could change but there have been examples of great divergence in political coverage in online vs TV media as happened in case of infamous Syria war push news story involving Andrew Adler of Atlanta that was very controversial hotly debated online media news story but was barely covered by TV media.

That rally was a tremendous blunder. People cant try to spin it however they want, but Trump isn't nearly as savvy as some insist he is. He's not dumb by any means, but he ain't no 4D chess player.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    That rally was a tremendous blunder. People cant try to spin it however they want, but Trump isn't nearly as savvy as some insist he is. He's not dumb by any means, but he ain't no 4D chess player.
    The rally was more than 5 weeks ago, pretty sure he got it after that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Well he did go to that rally where everyone was unmasked. Either we are in a pandemic with mask laws or we are not. Which is it? Why should Trump not be criticized for holding an unmasked rally if we all are required to masks in public places?
    I know you thought you had a great point but.......

Why don't you share with the class which federal mask law you're looking at? Mask mandates are state issued, not federal. Good try though, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Trump should have insisted on social distancing as a way to mask low numbers. It was a stupid, stupid gamble. He gained nothing from having a "packed" half full auditorium. Herman Cain took a gamble too and it may have cost him his life. Yes he was old and had underlying conditions. That's why he should have stayed the hell out of crowds.
    Lol. I was responding to Anti_globalist that the connections to Trump has already begun on this forum, which it had before I posted. Are you going to be ok accepting reality?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    @enhanced_deficit isn't wrong on this.
    Sorry to let you down kiddo, trolls are always wrong.
    Last edited by eleganz; 07-30-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya , I think so

Yeah but common sense isn't going to be used in this scenario. Orange Man bad!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read he died of liver failure, of course his demise might have been sped up a tad from the beer virus, but he was on his way out soon anyway.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Zero reports on whether he was taking hydroxychoroquine as a prophylaxis, or if he started taking it and zinc as soon as he had his first symptoms. If he had done that, the MSM would probably be reporting on it. It's possible they will wait a few days as he just died.

Who knows what shape he was in. He was old and high-risk.
    Cain had stage 4 cancer. Every death these days is a "covid" death, according to hospitals. No HCQ is going to reverse stage 4 cancer. I sure wouldn't give two $#@!s about wearing a mask if I knew my death was imminent, either.

Since his death news was circulating on the net for days before the official announcement, I assume they didn't want to cut too much into the Rep. Lewis' worship stuff.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-31-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He was hospitalized on July 2. It usually takes weeks before people die from COVID.

And DuckDuckGo is very helpful in finding that information. A search on "Herman Cain" first brings up a list of stories from July 2 about Cain first being hospitalized, not stories about his death.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He was hospitalized on July 2. It usually takes weeks before people die from COVID.

And DuckDuckGo is very helpful in finding that information. A search on "Herman Cain" first brings up a list of stories from July 2 about Cain first being hospitalized, not stories about his death.
    How did he get to the rally?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Dying of lung failure to own the libs
    He was a fighter for the cause till the end.

Herman Cain
    @THEHermanCain
    Jul 29
    Our government, and our media, have incinerated their credibility. So, is it any wonder that people are skeptical? #Coronavirus
    CBS News poll: 70% of Americans will either wait before getting COVID vaccine, or refuse it all...
    Let me start by saying I’m NOT an “anti-vaxxer” in any way shape or form. My child is fully vaccinated, the science is solid, and the conspiracy

Herman Cain
    @THEHermanCain
    Jul 29
    Either the Politico is staffed by time travelers, they're colluding with the Biden campaign, or they're just making stuff up, because they have quotes that haven't happened yet. #JoeBiden #KamalaHarris

Herman Cain
    @THEHermanCain
    Jul 29
    Would you participate in a COVID vaccine trial? #Coronavirus
    Want to make $1,000 and maybe get cured of COVID? Vaccine volunteers are needed at 90 U.S. locations
    I wondered last week what the logistics might be of enlisting 30,000 volunteers for Phase 3 of Moderna’s COVID vaccine trial. This week we’re

Media was already escalating blame game.

Trump’s dead end: With 150,000 dead (including Herman Cain), will this president learn a vital coronavirus lesson?

Daily News Editorial Board, New York Daily News
    July 30, 2020

Joseph Stalin, a connoisseur of death and dying, was known (perhaps apocryphally) to have said, “The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.” The meaning was clear: At a certain point, a people can become numb to carnage. This week, America passed 150,000 dead from COVID-19, a disease caused by a virus that arrived on these shores in February. President Trump rarely mentions the number as he pushes businesses and schools to reopen, and as he continues, after seeming responsible for a split second, to set a poor example on mask-wearing.
    Speaking of tragedies and statistics, perhaps one death might focus Trump’s mind, and if not that, the nation’s: Businessman and former presidential candidate Herman Cain succumbed to the coronavirus on Thursday. A 74-year-old African-American, he was demographically in the fatality sweet-spot. Yet when Trump defiantly and against the advice of public health experts held a crowded indoor political rally on June 20 in Tulsa, there was Cain in attendance, maskless, smiling, surrounded.

On Wednesday, 1,449 Americans died, as COVID deaths soar once again after dipping to 212 on July 5.
    If deaths were to average 1,000 per day through the remaining 154 days of 2020, America will soar past 300,000 dead. It didn’t have to be, and still doesn’t have to be. Not with lockdowns and true leadership at the federal and state level to truly extinguish what Trump calls embers and fire rather than relighting it over and over and over again.
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-dead-en...035900161.html

How Trump’s Crowd Obsession Could Bite Him Back

The president mined a long political tradition to turn public gatherings into a potent weapon. Now it’s pointed straight back at him.
    By JEFF GREENFIELD
    07/08/2020

It is Donald Trump’s worst nightmare: giving his acceptance speech in front of a half-empty arena, facing an audience whose faces are covered in masks, muffling their cheers and chants.

But it is exactly what he may be facing if last month’s edict from authorities in Jacksonville, Florida, mandating masks for all indoor gatherings remains in effect through late August. There is a special twist to this ruling: The Republicans had moved their convention out of Charlotte, North Carolina—a city that had put safety rules in place about public gatherings—just so the president could get the kind of crowd he wanted.

As of now, the planned Jacksonville convention looks like another blow to Trump’s insatiable hunger for crowds. His campaign kickoff last month in Tulsa, Oklahoma, turned from a potentially thrilling launchpad to an embarrassment when the campaign claimed it had had more than a million ticket requests, and the president ended up speaking to whole empty sections of a 19,000-seat arena. So fearful was his entourage about the prospect of empty seats, according to press reports, that they went through the arena, removing social distancing signs, hoping for a crowd jammed together, in direct violation of the arena’s policy.
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...essions-348322

With 100,000 dead and 39 million out of work, Trump trolls the libs — and his fanboys love it
    trolls are always wrong.

Unfortunately comparisons between Bush led $3 Trillion Iraq war and Trump led $6 Trillion war against the 'invisible enemy' aka covid-19 were already coming up online/in social media and could be soon discussed on TV media too. Hopefully they won't go there over GOPA leader's handling of covid-19 but last time liberal media went into "Bush Lied, People Died" frenzy, they ended up getting Barack Hussein Obama elected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast