Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you scared of Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders?

Are you scared of Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders?

I'm not that scared of Black Widows but the Brown Recluse scares me the most! Even though the recluse is not native here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More "wary" than "scared". I leave them alone and they leave me alone. NAP with nature works sometimes.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 03-08-2016 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm scared of Suzanimal.

Kinda random. but I kill black widows. I haven't seen a brown recluse and I live in Texas. Until they are endangered they are dead.

I'm scared of any spider. I'm scared of any mouse. I'm scared of any snake. I'm scared of any elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I'm scared of any spider. I'm scared of any mouse. I'm scared of any snake. I'm scared of any elevator.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm also scared of beards lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm also scared of beards lol.
    Beware RPF meetups. A number of beardies here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ya'll remember Jim Stafford....

I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate all spiders equally. I was bitten by a brown recluse as a kid.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Yeah I hate all spiders equally as well. I especially hate wolf spiders---they jump!

*my skin is crawling*
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I'm definitely leery of black widows. My garage had a bunch of widow nests (at least 18) in it last summer, so I had to bug bomb. I'll probably need to bug bomb again this year.

No , I am not scared. I have only killed one widow on my current property .At my previous residence , I was bitten a multitude of times by Brown Recluse.Quite distasteful, the itching lasts for what seems yrs.

When I was a kid I was visiting my grandparents in so cal and my grandpa sent me out to the shed with wd40 to kill lack widows. I must have sprayed a 100 or more. That night I had the worst nightmare about blackwidows crawling in my bed. I still kill them if I see them and don't have nightmares. No brown recluse here in NV. But they are nasty
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Anyone familiar with the also poisons Brown Widow spider, Latrodectus geometricus? My yard, shed, garage in N San Diego County is full of spiders. Mostly Brown Widows... maybe occasionally worried. Not scared. Way scarier $#@! out there than spiders.

kill it with fire

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    kill it with fire
    Hairspray works great.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! a bunch of spiders

I'm not scared of spiders at all, weird really, Snakes on the other hand terrify me.

I casually will sweep a spider off my arm, lol. No big deal. If I see a foot long snake by surprise, I'll probably $#@! myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I'm not scared of spiders at all, weird really, Snakes on the other hand terrify me.

I casually will sweep a spider off my arm, lol. No big deal. If I see a foot long snake by surprise, I'll probably $#@! myself.
    I don't mind snakes. I don't like spiders. Luckily we don't have any dangerous spiders around here so I just don't give a $#@!. But I hate it if I walk through a web or something.
    "I am a bird"

Mr Animals best friend woke up one morning and his ass cheek was hurting. He tried to ignore it but it kept getting worse and a large black area appeared. When he finally went to the doctor, he was told it was a Brown Recluse bite and they cut off part of his ass cheek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I don't mind snakes. I don't like spiders. Luckily we don't have any dangerous spiders around here so I just don't give a $#@!. But I hate it if I walk through a web or something.
    My mom used to have a big ass spider that liked to build a web right across the front porch. My husband used to call the spider her pet.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animals best friend woke up one morning and his ass cheek was hurting. He tried to ignore it but it kept getting worse and a large black area appeared. When he finally went to the doctor, he was told it was a Brown Recluse bite and they cut off part of his ass cheek.
    I wish I could have a doctor remove every pain in the ass I have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post

I don't like either but I used to be terrified of snakes. Since moving to the country and seeing at least one big ass snake a week, they don't bother me much anymore. When we were doing a bunch of landscaping a few summers ago, I was finding them in the garage regularly. Even found one of these guys, they're not venomous but the hissing is crazy (they sound like a cat hissing, ffs).

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    I'm scared of Suzanimal.
    What? I'm not scary. I rarely bite hard and I obey safe words.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I had a customer once who had a severe allergy to spider bites. She and her children had some serious non-healing necrotic wounds on her body. She assumed it was brown-recluse bites (living in the country), but her husband was fine. They were minor bites that they reacted to. After 60 days of thorough investigation, I found no brown recluses.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    I hate all spiders equally. I was bitten by a brown recluse as a kid.
    How bad was the bite?

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    When I was a kid I was visiting my grandparents in so cal and my grandpa sent me out to the shed with wd40 to kill lack widows. I must have sprayed a 100 or more. That night I had the worst nightmare about blackwidows crawling in my bed. I still kill them if I see them and don't have nightmares. No brown recluse here in NV. But they are nasty
    I have found that WD40 works exceptionally well on carpenter bees that burrow into the fascia.

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Are you scared of Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders?
    Yeah. But not if I see them, the thought of one finding me and chomping me is scary. But if I see it I can just slaughter it. But if I see it on me I would wonder if it has bit me. A guy I knew was bitten by a brown recluse. He's dead now for other reasons supposedly but you never know, right?

Black widows kill their own hubbies. That right there is disturbing, bunch of self home wreckers.
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-09-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I find at least a couple 'widows around the yard every year. For the last 2 years I found a big female hiding out in my workshop. It's a smithy, so spraying flammable stuff like WD40 in there is off the table. The Lemon Grass sprays don't do a darn thing but give me a headache. It's open to the outside so mothballs and bombs won't work. So now I just have to not stick my fingers anywhere I can't see anymore. Which is most of the shop.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This guy have balls the size of Jupiter!

Last edited by rg17; 03-09-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast