Thread: National Beer Shortage

National Beer Shortage

Carbon dioxide shortage could lead to national beer shortage

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A national shortage in carbon dioxide could lead to a national beer shortage.

The gas is a vital ingredient in the majority of all beer brewed here in the United States.

The shortage was spurred after one of the country’s largest carbon dioxide production hubs in Jackson, Mississippi, became contaminated.

Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, locally-owned breweries were among the many sectors of businesses to face supply chain disruptions. With this latest carbon dioxide shortage, some breweries have already been affected.

“I’ve been talking with members this week that have either had to decrease production schedules, or in some instances, cease production until they get an order of CO2,” said Chuck Skypeck, the technical brewing director for Brewers Association.

The gas provides the carbonation in beer and also helps move the beer throughout the pipes and beer taps.
    More: https://www.wjtv.com/news/local-news...beer-shortage/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After an adjustment period alcoholics will get adjusted to non-carbonated beer. Environmentalists might even prefer it just like plant based proteins. Maybe could even charge extra for fizzless beer.

The last straw?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

What did Homer say? Carbon dioxide... the cause of, and solution to all of the world's problems.

Just pull it from the atmosphere duh 2 birds 1 stone
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Let's not get crazy. We don't want to start another ice age. Though the beer will be colder.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 08-05-2022 at 05:43 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Actually it is not about beer. I think they are shorting major necessary items like fuel, fertilizer, CO2.... because then everyone can say all things downstream are more expensive because of the root increase.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Actually it is not about beer. I think they are shorting major necessary items like fuel, fertilizer, CO2.... because then everyone can say all things downstream are more expensive because of the root increase.
    $#@!ing Putin
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Maybe they need to go back to the old fashioned way and let fermentation do the carbonating.

This might be one of the biggest and worst crises yet. Americans need to take a stand immediately and refuse to go without beer.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe they need to go back to the old fashioned way and let fermentation do the carbonating.
    No, that would make too much sense.
    "I am a bird"

In Clown World, you have too much CO2 and not enough at the same time. 2+2=5 comrade.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

$#@!ing Putin
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm not a beer drinker so I thought that was already how it got it's fizz.

I drink hard cider and champagne, and they're naturally carbonated...as far as I know.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I drink hard cider and champagne, and they're naturally carbonated...as far as I know.
    So did I, that's why I had to check if this story was from the Bee.

Edit:
    I checked and there are multiple sources saying the same thing.

Now I have to wonder if Soda Pop will also be affected.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 08-06-2022 at 02:22 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Are we talking French champagne or inexpensive domestic sparkling wine?

Many inexpensive brands of domestic sparking very well may be “artificially” carbonated (soda method).