Thread: CA : Cop On Loud Music Call Kills Man While Shooting at His Dog

CA : Cop On Loud Music Call Kills Man While Shooting at His Dog

At least the officer went home safe, that's all that matters ...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-t...eputy/2131649/

Police: Teen, dog fatally shot after animal attacks deputy during call about loud music
    Email
    By John Gregory
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:05AM
    PALMDALE, Calif. --

A 17-year-old boy and his dog were fatally shot by deputies early Thursday morning after the pit bull attacked a deputy in Palmdale, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said.

The incident occurred about 3:47 a.m. in the 38500 block of 10th Street East, authorities said in a statement.

Deputies at the scene said they initially responded to a report of loud music at a party. As they were conducting an investigation, one of the deputies was allegedly bitten by a pit bull. The deputy was not seriously injured.

The dog was restrained by its owner, but as the investigation continued the animal got loose again and charged at the deputies, authorities said. The deputies then opened fire on the pit bull.

Amid the shooting, the dog's owner allegedly raced around a corner in an effort to apprehend the animal. The teen was struck at least once in the upper torso, the sheriff's department said.

He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. His name was not immediately released.

snip

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The deputy was not seriously injured.
    Oh, well, thank Christ for that.

What the actual $#@!...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What the actual $#@!...
    It's what happens when shooting is the "go to" option when dealing with attacking dogs --

or tied up dogs, dogs behind fences, being startled by a dog in a van, dogs sitting wagging their tails, etc

Of course in this case it was a "pit bull", so a lot of people won't be able to see beyond that part of it
    Last edited by SeanTX; 06-22-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Pepper spray?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Another day, more dead dogs and people.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Pepper spray?
    I'm not sure if it would work on a truly aggressive dog defending it's turf from an intruder, but it sounds like there was more than one deputy there -- they could have kicked it, hit it with a baton, etc. Or just let the owner get it under control, as he seemed to be trying to do.

Sometimes sending bullets downrange with people around just isn't the best option -- though if you are a cop and you never have consequences for doing such things, well, I can see why that would be their "go to" option.

As they were conducting an investigation, one of the deputies was allegedly bitten by a pit bull. The deputy was not seriously injured.
    He should at least get it checked by a doctor. I dont know how many Officers die each year from dog attacks but it's probably a lot.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pepper spray?
    What would happen if the dog was high on meth and coke and the pepper spray basically had no effect on calming it down?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I'm not sure if it would work on a truly aggressive dog defending it's turf from an intruder, but it sounds like there was more than one deputy there -- they could have kicked it, hit it with a baton, etc. Or just let the owner get it under control, as he seemed to be trying to do.

Sometimes sending bullets downrange with people around just isn't the best option -- though if you are a cop and you never have consequences for doing such things, well, I can see why that would be their "go to" option.
    +rep this brave Officer's life was at stake
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    What would happen if the dog was high on meth and coke and the pepper spray basically had no effect on calming it down?
    Don't forget PCP.

It has been known to give people super-human strength.

That power, in the paws of a pit bull, could create anarchy by defying authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I thought cops had super duper strong stuff like stronger than bear spray?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I thought cops had super duper strong stuff like stronger than bear spray?
    Bear spray only works in gay bars.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Bear spray only works in gay bars.
    Thanks for your insight.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Another day, more dead dogs and people.
    That does it...I'm writing a SWLOD to the Feds and demand they take acti...oh yeah....

An eye for an eye ; 2 lives for a bite.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.