Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's War on Russia/Syria UPDATES

Trump's War on Russia/Syria UPDATES

Might as well give it a home.
    I'll try and keep it fresh.
    =============

Explosions rocking #Damascus #Syria !

Breaking: Syrian air-defenses are now active as big explosions heard

Breaking: Syrian Pantsir S1 system is firing at targets over Damascus city now

So far it is confirmed that US hit a target south of Damascus city and a target north of it, likely Jymraia research facility

The target that was hit south of Damascus is in al-Kaswa, a civilian area

REUTERS WITNESS HEARS IN DAMASCUS SEVERAL BIG EXPLOSIONS, SEES SMOKE RISING ON EAST SIDE OF CITY: RTRS #SYRIA

Breaking | Syrian Air Defense launched Hundreds of missiles to hit Tomahawk missiles near Damascus

A second batch of US missiles just reached Damascus, Syrian air defense is firing again

BREAKING: RAF JETS TAKING OFF OUT OF CYPRUS

=========

I turned FOX off... don't want to hear their bullshiit.

========

US strikes now hitting command and control structures in #Damascus. #Syrian air defense firing throughout the city.

The engagement now happening in North and South of #Damascus
    No reports of what’s been hit.

But many missiles were downed.

Scientific Research Centre, East of #Damascus, reportedly hit

=======

Mezzeh military airport was hit as well

U.S led Strikes apparently targeted #Masyaf as well

Unconfirmed report: US strike on Jamraya center fully failed, the center was not hit

The Research Center in Barzeh and one of the Republican Guards bases on Qasioun Mountain are among the targets

#BREAKING: Russian Air Defence now active intercepting US cruise missiles

CONFIRMED: #Russia IS helping defend #Damascus from US-led missile attack.

#BREAKING: Al-Dumayr Airbase now under attack along with many other locations across Syria

a new wave of US missile on Qutaifa missile base north of Damascus, Syria air defense firing now

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BREAKING:AL-DUMAYR MILITARY AIRBASE HAS BIT HIT BY US TOMAHAWK MISSILES

Syria aircraft up in air

Reports of US/French/British cruise missiles hitting at least 4 Syrian cities.

Murad Gazdiev
    No US missiles reported passing near Russian air base in Latakia.
    US apparently firing cruise missile through Lebanese airspace. This is likely to prevent them being shot down.

a new wave of US missile on Qutaifa missile base north of Damascus, Syria air defense firing now

BREAKING: Civilian casualties are being reported in Damascus as at least 2 residential areas have been struck by the US-led force's missiles. At least 4 dead in one of the strikes.

a civilian housing complex in Baraza was hit, along with an SSRC facility

Wow, the US struck one of Damascus’ most densely populated suburbs. Jaramana reporting strikes.

Unconfirmed report that the presidential palace has been hit in Syria.

====

1st wave strikes in black:

=====

Explosions at the headquarters of the Republican Guard #Syria

Wave after wave of cruise missiles hitting Syria; it is not stopping. Over 40 minutes of cruise missiles

CONFIRMED B1 BOMBERS AIRBORN

=======

video
    https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/sta...71417312808960
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-13-2018 at 07:51 PM.

"Israeli intelligence shared intelligence on targets to identify and strike in Syria tonight." - Fox News
    Literally calling the shots.
    >_<

If there was any prior doubt, Trump just removed any of it.
    He is a complete coward.

Last edited by AZJoe; 04-13-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

video

https://twitter.com/Hamosh84/status/984969296249049088

========

Syrian State TV announces Syrian Air Defense Forces have launched counter strikes against “American, French and British aggression on Syria”

local sources claim missile strikes have hit a major #Hezbollah base in Al-Qusayr, near the #Lebanon border.
    That’d be a very significant development - the first (I believe) U.S. strike *ever* on Hezbollah & a potent message to #Iran.

Paul Antonopoulos
    MAJOR! Russian jets have become active in the skies. They have left the Hmeimim airbase in #Latakia province. Not sure what their role is. #Syria

There are reports that Russian Airforce jets took off from #Latakia just now.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-13-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Wow, the US struck one of Damascus’ most densely populated suburbs. Jaramana reporting strikes.
    That’s just fn awful. US backed “rebels” use chemweapons on Syrians, the US blames Syria for their own ally’s strike, and further launches airstrikes on civilian populations.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

[Edit: US, UK, France attack Syria] Trump announces strikes on Syria

My friend Mike just sent me a message:

Prez to announce strike in Syria in the next hour. Not sure what that will mean ... tomorrow morning the world may be very different.
    Hang on to your hats, guys. I don't think anyone will lose their cools, but given the infantile stupidity that passes for statesmanship today, I can no longer rule anything out beyond the edges of my comfort.

Stay tuned.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It's a done deal already.

It's already been done.

Yeah, you're literally posting right when it ended.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Update 2: Witnesses are reporting explosions heard in Damascus, including residential areas, although the first wave of US, UK and French attacks is allegedly targeting the following:

• Republican Guard headquarters
    • Military airbases
    • Chemical weapon production sites

BREAKING: Civilian casualties are being reported in Damascus as at least 2 residential areas have been struck by the US-led force's missiles. At least 4 dead in one of the strikes. pic.twitter.com/nCjcMZUrKQ
    — Haidar Sumeri (@IraqiSecurity) April 14, 2018
    Meanwhile, Reuters adds that a total of three scientific research centers struck in the attack.
    According to media reports in addition to American ships, Tomahawk missiles and aircraft - including B-1 bombers, leading the attacks, four British Tornado GR4s have targeted a military facility in Homs with Storm Shadow missiles.
    While unconfirmed, Syria state TV claims that it shot down 13 missiles near Damascus.

More details:
    "It's a real cacophony of sounds early this morning," @sethdoane reports on the ground in Damascus -- the only U.S. network journalist inside Syria -- as he describes cars blaring music and waving Syrian flags https://t.co/bTaJ40jGwj pic.twitter.com/c8JeS5HHDm
    — CBS News (@CBSNews) April 14, 2018
    SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH CENTER IN JAMRAYA HAS BEEN HIT BY US TOMAHAWK MISSILES
    — تحيا الثورة أنقذوا درعا (@VivaRevolt) April 14, 2018
    In addition to U.S. Navy warships, U.S. Air Force B-1 bombers also took part in strikes against Assad regime in Syria: officials
    — Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) April 14, 2018
    Photo from Damascus moments ago as U.S., France and Britain conduct heavy strikes in Syria tonight. pic.twitter.com/y4em8zpk24
    — Israel Breaking (@IsraelBreaking) April 14, 2018
    BREAKING - Huge blasts heard in Syria's capital @AFP
    — Jérôme Cartillier (@jcartillier) April 14, 2018
    Photo taken from a facebook video minutes ago. pic.twitter.com/HMpajeehCS
    — Maram (@maramkasem) April 14, 2018
    Another footage of Syrian air-defense missile fired towards tomahawk rockets in the sky of Damascus. pic.twitter.com/7FVcXN5i2F
    — Majd Fahd ���� (@Syria_Protector) April 14, 2018
    VIDEO: Unverified footage of air-defense systems activated around Damascus - @IsraelBreaking pic.twitter.com/MKZgHj6RRq
    — Conflict News (@Conflicts) April 14, 2018
    Pentagon: There will be a press briefing at 10 p.m. EDT, tonight, April 13, in the Pentagon Briefing Room on operations in Syria.
    Latest: US Defense officials say both US ships and aircraft were used in the strikes on #Syria
    — Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) April 14, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-syria-tonight
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Tulsi:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

So far everything suggests that the strike was very limited, fully avoided any area with Russian presence

No Russian interference. Again, some people are posting disinformation.

And just like that; it is quiet in Damascus now. Seems to be over.

Darkest place in the human soul

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PENTAGON BRIEFING

US Gen. Joseph Dunford: "There has been only surface-to-air retaliation to this point."

US Gen. Joseph Dunford: "We did not pre-notify the Russians."

US Gen. Joseph Dunford: "This wave of strikes is over. That's why we are out here talking to you now."

Sec. Def. Mattis: "We have no additional attacks planned."

Mattis: "Right now, this is a one time shot." Says he believes Assad will get the message and be deterred from doing this again.

Dunford:"We did de-conflict the air space with the Russians using standard de-conflict methods, but did not communicate targets."

Update 3: at 10PM ET the, Defense Secretary Mattis and Joseph Dunford, the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff provided the Pentagon's update, repeating that U.S., British and and French forces struck Syrias chemical weapons infrastructure tonight.

Mattis said that "Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. This time, our allies and we have struck harder."
    Defense Sec. Mattis: "Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. This time, our allies and we have struck harder." https://t.co/XyHwGC7dYm pic.twitter.com/UKEzBYC4Bx
    — ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) April 14, 2018
    Mattis adds that "I want to emphasize these strikes are directed at the Syrian regime. In conducting these strikes, we have gone to great lengths to avoid civilian and foreign casualties."
    Then, Dunford said that the first target was a Syrian research facility, and adds that the US selected targets that would minimize risk to innocent civilians. He adds that attacks on multiple sites of Syria chemical weapons infrastructure "inflicted maximum damage."
    The third target, which was in the vicinity of the second target, contained both the chemical weapons equipment storage facility and an important command post."
    Meanwhile, the White House said that the US is confident the Syrian regime was behind the chemical weapons attack, based on:

• media sources
    • victims’ symptoms
    • videos
    • “reliable information indicating coordination between Syrian military officials before the attack.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    So far everything suggests that the strike was very limited, fully avoided any area with Russian presence

No Russian interference. Again, some people are posting disinformation.

And just like that; it is quiet in Damascus now. Seems to be over.
    It was pretty clear up front that they avoided Russian positions pretty diligently. The reports that are disputed are of missiles and/or bombs striking residential areas.

Mattis is saying that that they only targeted chem weapon sites, photos from Twitter etc in Damascus showing residential areas being hit. It remains possible that there were chem sites hidden in the residential area, but we don’t know that either.

I expect some of the surface to air missiles will miss their targets and land in civilian neighborhoods.

Of course the U.S. will be blamed for the damage to those neighborhoods.

Update 5: Russia responds:

• RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR ANTONOV: U.S. ACTIONS WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES
    • ANTONOV ON SYRIA: `PRE-DESIGNED SCENARIO IS BEING IMPLEMENTED'

Update 4: Joint Chiefs chairman Dunford said that while the strikes sought to minimize risk of Russian casualties, the US did not pre-notify Russia of the Syria strikes.
    More from Dunford:

• "We did have some surface-to-air missile activity from the Syrian regime."
    • "The US did not pre-notify Russian forces in Syria about tonight's kinetic activity."
    • "Russia was alerted of Syria strikes through "deconfliction" line in Qatar"
    • "U.S. forces in Syria did make adjustments to force protection levels ahead of the combined air operations against the Syrian regime."
    • "This wave of airstrikes is over. More information will follow in the morning."
    • "Manned aircraft involved in Syria operation"
    • "Pentagon will brief tomorrow will more strike details"

Mattis chimed in:

• "We used a little over double the number of weapons this year than we used last year...We were very precise and proportionate, but at the same time, it was a heavy strike."
    • "I am confident the Syrian regime conducted a chemical attack on innocent people."
    • "Right now we have no more attacks planned"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lord have mercy.

OK, so any upshot at this point?

Putin said he'd fire on anyone firing on Assad. Has he killed his own credibility?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Putin said he'd fire on anyone firing on Assad. Has he killed his own credibility?
    Well, let's see if any of those missile ships has any problems. It's not like they are going to be able to hide.

I feel sorry for the folks on board those ships.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

MAGA's gone

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/984982591278170112
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

But I was told this wouldn't happen.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Any score card on the S-400's performance?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

You think he will fire on france and england too ?

The White House has released the list of US demands from Assad regime

• Dismantle the chemical weapons program
    • Declare the weapons
    • Destroy the stockpile
    • Allow OPCW fact-finding mission
    • Comply with the de-escalation zone

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast