Thread: Ron Paul seeks to enforce trademarks

Ron Paul seeks to enforce trademarks

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=217311

Earlier today, Ron Paul filed an international UDRP complaint against RonPaul.com and RonPaul.org with WIPO, a global governing body that is an agency of the United Nations. The complaint calls on the agency to expropriate the two domain names from his supporters without compensation and hand them over to Ron Paul.

On May 1st, 2008 we launched a grassroots website at RonPaul.com that became one of the most popular resources dedicated exclusively to Ron Paul and his ideas. Like thousands of fellow Ron Paul supporters, we put our lives on hold and invested 4.5 years of hard work into Ron Paul, RonPaul.com and Ron Paul 2012. Looking back, we are very happy with what we were able to achieve with unlimited enthusiasm and limited financial resources.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sorry... see this is already posted in the Grass Roots section. Apologies.

Third time's a charm.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Does Government enforce these trademarks? If so this endeavor seems very unfitting for someone like Paul to pursue.

It is a claim, it is just in an arbitration tribunal specified by the contract the site owner entered into on getting and running the domain. There are two or three other threads on it, though, including a fairly warped position by the site owner pretending Ron was calling in the UN when his own domain agreement specified the tribunal Ron filed in, and I don't want to repeat it. I wish it was done differently, but I think Ron thought they were playing hard ball, and then they put the site on the market and he may have felt he had to assert any claim at that time. I dunno. I wish they would just negotiate a settlement.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I wish they would just negotiate a settlement.
    Yea.