Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.N. to come for your guns?

U.N. to come for your guns?

"With the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer who was legally carrying a 9-millimeter handgun, the familiar wail has arisen from our cultural and media elite:

America has too many guns!

“Open carry” and “concealed carry” laws should be repealed.

Florida’s “Stand-your-ground” law, replicated in two dozen states, threatens to turn America into the Tombstone of Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp. This is insane!

The United Nations agrees. This year, the world body takes up the global control of firearms, including small arms in the hands of citizens.

According to Sen. Rand Paul, the U.N. “Small Arms Treaty” will almost surely mandate tougher licensing requirements to own a gun, require the confiscation and destruction of unauthorized civilian firearms, call for a ban on the trade, sale and private ownership of semi-automatic weapons, and create an international gun registry."

Pat Buchanan says good luck with that...........I agree.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...self-for-what/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The issue is that the UN usually uses 3rd world armies to do their stuff, and they have crappy weapons as a rule, so you don't get much from getting it on with them.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

There's a reason I like living in the South, and it's 'cause no matter what disagreements I might have with folks on a lot of issues this isn't one of them.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

I don't see why the UN would have to get involved. Most of the American pigs and military would be perfectly happy to attempt gun confiscation themselves if ordered to do so. History shows us plenty of examples of US troops turning their weapons on their fellow Americans, from the Bonus Army and the Ludlow Massacre right up to the Kent State shootings and, most recently, the gun confiscations that occurred after Hurricane Katrina.

A lot of people instinctively reject the possibility of such a scenario because (1) it clashes with their lifelong conditioning via propaganda that portrays the US military as our troops who serve us (as opposed to the government) and "defend our freedoms"; and (2) wishful thinking leads them to the optimistic belief that the US military will be on their side if UN troops invade, thus making the fight easier. But there's no reason to believe that any future civil conflict(s) in America will be any different from past conflicts with respect to the military following orders and serving their masters in government.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Well, when you start seeing troop carriers going into neighborhoods with the troops in blue helmets....you might have to cancel that tupperware party you had scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Well, when you start seeing troop carriers going into neighborhoods with the troops in blue helmets....you might have to cancel that tupperware party you had scheduled.
    If the angle is right, blue helmets flip just like tupperware ... It requires a glancing blow, and not a straight shot.

And to those who will compalin that I am promoting violence ... Call it sarcasm, and re-read the thread, before you sick one of the MOD's on me ... Again !!!
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

No fan of the UN. At All.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

In case of UN occupation look to our real leaders.

Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RE: The target with the blue UN helmet on it

Be aware that helmets have recently been developed that can stop some FMJ rifle rounds (at least 7.62x39, and possibly 7.62x51). These helmets are made of polyethylene rather than Kevlar or other such fibers.

It's worth noting that steel core rifle bullets can penetrate current polyethylene armor, at least if the velocity is high enough. M855 (i.e., 5.56 NATO with SS109 bullets) generally penetrates polyethylene armor at close range, while 7.62 NATO will not (because the bullets have lead cores). Rifle rounds with solid brass pointed bullets might also get through. A 12 gauge slug won't penetrate, but most likely it won't matter because the effect will be like getting whacked in the head with a baseball bat without a helmet.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post

Be aware that helmets have recently been developed that can stop some FMJ rifle rounds (at least 7.62x39, and possibly 7.62x51). These helmets are made of polyethylene rather than Kevlar or other such fibers.

It's worth noting that steel core rifle bullets can penetrate current polyethylene armor, at least if the velocity is high enough. M855 (i.e., 5.56 NATO with SS109 bullets) generally penetrates polyethylene armor at close range, while 7.62 NATO will not (because the bullets have lead cores). Rifle rounds with solid brass pointed bullets might also get through. A 12 gauge slug won't penetrate, but most likely it won't matter because the effect will be like getting whacked in the head with a baseball bat without a helmet.
    Doubts,,
    Maybe that is what they are telling the pukes wearing them.

The head is still going to absorb enough foot pounds of energy to liquify gray matter.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post

If that were true, the military would be using that material to replace SAPI plates in body armor with a thinner, lighter material - or the helmets made from that material are over an inch thick.

Which is it?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Doubts,,
    Maybe that is what they are telling the pukes wearing them.

The head is still going to absorb enough foot pounds of energy to liquify gray matter.
    Pretty much. If you live you probably wouldn't know it.

These threads make me laugh. They don't care if you have guns, because your guns are insignificant. They can kill you from a hundred miles away. They can wreck your home with a tank. They can poison your air and water. They're not worried about your 9mil or .30-06. They've spent the last 70 years making those as irrelevant as the bow & arrow.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    These threads make me laugh. They don't care if you have guns, because your guns are insignificant. They can kill you from a hundred miles away. They can wreck your home with a tank. They can poison your air and water. They're not worried about your 9mil or .30-06. They've spent the last 70 years making those as irrelevant as the bow & arrow.
    Glad I could keep you amused.

Kind of assumes that I do nothing but sit on my ass, doesn't it?

Tell that to the Patriots in Afghanistan..

Hell,, tell that to the invading military that have all those advancements and still can't deal with a guerrilla war.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Tell that to the Patriots in Afghanistan..

Hell,, tell that to the invading military that have all those advancements and still can't deal with a guerrilla war.
    When we get to organized resistance let me know...That'll be a different story. I don't see us ever doing that, because the enemy isn't foreign, and WE LOVE OUR BIG BROTHER. Even us RP folks, faced with the biggest joke of an election, tell each other to go put on our tin foil hats for even mentioning it. We point our fingers in the air, scoff at everything, and come up with nothing. That's why our guns don't matter.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 04-05-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

on your feet, or on your knees....

Look at how police treat people who open carry today. It has already begun.

"Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

When we get to organized resistance let me know...That'll be a different story. I don't see us ever doing that, because the enemy isn't foreign, and WE LOVE OUR BIG BROTHER. Even us RP folks, faced with the biggest joke of an election, tell each other to go put on our tin foil hats for even mentioning it. We point our fingers in the air, scoff at everything, and come up with nothing. That's why our guns don't matter.
    Which group of people are dedicated to preserving a Constitutional way of life and defending one another's rights by any means necessary?
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    Look at how police treat people who open carry today. It has already begun.

Friggin sheeple news network, and the moron at the end of the clip saying it's time to grow up. I agree, the dolt should buy himself a weapon.

All I'm saying is you've got a friend in tfurrh, I just don't know if tfurrh has a friend in you. I've got guns, and if any G-man comes after them, I'll die to keep them....or maybe they'll die trying to take them. But what if a G-man comes after YOUR guns, will I die trying to help YOU keep them?

We say we'll die for our guns, but I don't think that scares them too much.....and that's what's disappointing to me. We're supposed to be the scary ones, but we've let ourselves become isolated. I have no problem fighting and dying for my rights....but what about pcosmar's rights? What if they come for his guns and not mine? I'm not sure we're at that point yet.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 04-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.

All I'm saying is you've got a friend in tfurrh, I just don't know if tfurrh has a friend in you. I've got guns, and if any G-man comes after them, I'll die to keep them....or maybe they'll die trying to take them. But what if a G-man comes after YOUR guns, will I die trying to help YOU keep them?

We say we'll die for our guns but, I don't think that scares them too much.....and that's what's disappointing to me. We're supposed to be the scary ones, but we've let ourselves become isolated. I have no problem fighting and dying for my rights....but what about pcosmar's rights? What if they come for his guns and not mine? I'm not sure if we're at that point yet.

The key to success for totalitarian regimes is that they are good at preventing those who would resist them from banding together by inducing fear that the resister is alone and isolated.

Networking and banding together with like minded individuals turns the synergy the other way.

We say we'll die for our guns, but I don't think that scares them too much.....and that's what's disappointing to me. We're supposed to be the scary ones, but we've let ourselves become isolated. I have no problem fighting and dying for my rights....but what about pcosmar's rights? What if they come for his guns and not mine? I'm not sure we're at that point yet.
    You make an excellent point, if people everywhere would rise up whenever the government stepped out of bounds and "went after your guns", or any other right we have there would be much less cause for concern.

But the indoctrination process has been very successful.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell that to the people who live on dirt floors in the middle East ... They've been giving superior firepower a run for their money, for decades.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Wrong approach ... Unorganized/leaderless resistance is much more effective.

The snake has no head, and is very hard to kill.

I do not condone or have affiliation with the man or his mentality, but his idea is sound - http://www.louisbeam.com/leaderless.htm

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    There's a reason I like living in the South, and it's 'cause no matter what disagreements I might have with folks on a lot of issues this isn't one of them.
    Agree. Repub or Dem, it doesn't matter. Everyone loves guns. :P
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "With the shooting death of Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer who was legally carrying a 9-millimeter handgun, the familiar wail has arisen from our cultural and media elite:

America has too many guns!

“Open carry” and “concealed carry” laws should be repealed.

Florida’s “Stand-your-ground” law, replicated in two dozen states, threatens to turn America into the Tombstone of Doc Holiday and Wyatt Earp. This is insane!

The United Nations agrees. This year, the world body takes up the global control of firearms, including small arms in the hands of citizens.

According to Sen. Rand Paul, the U.N. “Small Arms Treaty” will almost surely mandate tougher licensing requirements to own a gun, require the confiscation and destruction of unauthorized civilian firearms, call for a ban on the trade, sale and private ownership of semi-automatic weapons, and create an international gun registry."

Pat Buchanan says good luck with that...........I agree.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...self-for-what/
    Yes they are coming for our guns.

http://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org/index.html

http://www.freedomadvocates.org/

http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/
    I am the spoon.

I believe everyone should have at least two guns on them at all times.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I believe everyone should have at least two guns on them at all times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast