Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any issues you disagree with Paul on?

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I volunteered for 6 years at a children's hospice. It didn't change my stance, I'm 100% pro-life and always will be.
    Which years were those?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think NASA's funding should be increased.
    What I would do is remove the adventurism and attach it to the military.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Which years were those?
    From when I was 12 till 18.

From when I was 12 till 18.
    so when youwere in boarding school in germany? or was that when you were getting drunk in russia? i forget. And werent those the years you were non-christian and cavorting around with easy women?

so when youwere in boarding school in germany? or was that when you were getting drunk in russia? i forget. And werent those the years you were non-christian and cavorting around with easy women?
    I was a lapsed, non-practicing, apathetic Catholic during those years, but don't see how that has anything to do with it...

I was a lapsed, non-practicing, apathetic Catholic during those years, but don't see how that has anything to do with it...
    I was just wondering how you found the time to volunteer for 6 full years when you were travelling all around the world.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was just wondering how you found the time to volunteer for 6 full years when you were travelling all around the world.
    Because the hospice was about 5 miles away from where I lived. And why would I have time to volunteer? It wasn't a full-time job. And I wasn't traveling all around the world.

Because the hospice was about 5 miles away from where I lived. And why would I have time to volunteer? It wasn't a full-time job.
    you are just a tough nut to peg. i thought you were in germany and also in russia during those years. man, you really are a nomad of the world.

you are just a tough nut to peg. i thought you were in germany and also in russia during those years. man, you really are a nomad of the world.
    I was in Russia after high school.

I was in Russia after high school.
    so it was a german hospice then?

so it was a german hospice then?
    I've volunteered at two. One in Vancouver, Canada where I lived until I was 15, and then one in Germany where I went to boarding school for my final two years of high school.

We're derailing the thread though. If you have more questions feel free to PM me or start a thread where I can answer them all.
    Last edited by eduardo89; 03-31-2012 at 12:07 PM.

I disagree on the gay marriage issue.

I have always felt that the 14th Amendment (All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.) made same sex marriage a Federal matter and removes the state's right to deny to any U.S. citizen this basic right and exercise of freedom.

Can someone show me where I'm seeing this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I disagree on the gay marriage issue.

I have always felt that the 14th Amendment (All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.) made same sex marriage a Federal matter and removes the state's right to deny to any U.S. citizen this basic right and exercise of freedom.

Can someone show me where I'm seeing this wrong?
    Marriage is not a right, especially if you look at government sponsored marriage. It is a privilege because you have to ask the state for permission. If you need permission or a license, then it is not a right.

I've volunteered at two.
    See, that would explain it. Hence, why I was confused when you said "A children's hospice". Not 2 different children's hospices in 2 completely different countries. And "the hospice was about 5 miles away from where I lived."

all cleared up now.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    See, that would explain it. Hence, why I was confused when you said "A children's hospice". Not 2 different children's hospices in 2 completely different countries. And "the hospice was about 5 miles away from where I lived."

all cleared up now.
    Ohhh ok. The hospice that I volunteered at in Vancouver was literally a stone's throw from my house. It's called Canuck Place, it's affiliated with the NHL team in Vancouver. The one that I volunteered at in Germany was about 5 miles from the boarding school campus and our school had a program where you could volunteer at various organizations in the area. I chose to volunteer at the hospice and at a kindergarten to teach English (cause I love kids). There were many other options, such as volunteering for the Red Cross, seniors homes, with children who have disabilities, at the local hospital, fire department, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vidiots View Post
    1. Doesn't believe in Global warming.

2. Doesn't accept evolution despite it being as factual.
    You believe in global warming?

He doesn't denounce facts. Evolution is far more complex than saying "It's a fact" and by you saying that you clearly lack understanding of it.

I disagreed with him wanting to abolish the US debt held by the fed and wanting to sell our gold, but I believe he had other motives. As said, the core issues are what are important. I could believe in evolution and he might not, but that has no affect on me as a citizen. If he was a central planner, then that would affect me as a citizen.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Marriage is not a right, especially if you look at government sponsored marriage. It is a privilege because you have to ask the state for permission. If you need permission or a license, then it is not a right.
    Okay. If the argument is that we do not have a right to marriage; we have a privilege... the 14th would still apply as it plainly states that no state may abridge the "privileges" of any U.S citizen. Would it not?

I've been wanting for someone to explain this to me for a while now. I appreciate the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    To Christians, suicide is the biggest no-no of them all. Atheists....no problem.
    Biblical evidence to support this?
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Yeah, like gun permits
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Okay. If the argument is that we do not have a right to marriage; we have a privilege... the 14th would still apply as it plainly states that no state may abridge the "privileges" of any U.S citizen. Would it not?

I've been wanting for someone to explain this to me for a while now. I appreciate the discussion.
    I believe it is talking about the privileges of citizenship such as to live and work in the US, to travel between states unhindered, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post
    Yeah, like gun permits
    Exactly. There is no right to bear arms if you have to ask the government for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    1 Corinthians 3:17
    If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

And the Sixth Commandment not to murder. That includes yourself.
    Last edited by eduardo89; 03-31-2012 at 12:37 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe it is talking about the privileges of citizenship such as to live and work in the US, to travel between states unhindered, etc.
    Which I believe marriage would fall under, be it a God given right, the pusuit of happiness, or even a privilege as you said above.

If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Quoted for thruthiness.

As someone else mentioned, I don't agree with Ron Paul wanting to sell off the country's gold reserves. I do believe in competing currencies, but I also do believe the federal government has a role to provide a legal tender for people to settle their debts when no measure can be mutually agreed upon. I think a gold-backed dollar is the best currency to have as that legal tender (just like the constitution says).

Does Ron Paul support selling off (or transferring to the states) the millions of acres of federal land?

As someone else mentioned, I don't agree with Ron Paul wanting to sell off the country's gold reserves. I do believe in competing currencies, but I also do believe the federal government has a role to provide a legal tender for people to settle their debts when no measure can be mutually agreed upon. I think a gold-backed dollar is the best currency to have as that legal tender (just like the constitution says).
    disagree. If the Feds need more than they can constitutionally get (via indirect taxes, tariffs, etc) They can ask citizens to buy bonds with gold (or simply make "patriotic donations" to the treasury-this program already exists). Although if competing currencies were legalized, I wouldn't mind your plan so much. Allowing government a monopoly on money/legal tender is a very bad idea.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 03-31-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

If God's law trumps man's law, then I should really be locked up for a long time because I've been blatantly ignoring Commandments 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 10.

There's nothing remotely liberty-oriented about wanting to use the state to enforce "God's law." I believe that is called a theocracy.

And I don't think the point was "Have you ever volunteered in a hospice," the point was "have you ever witnessed first-hand someone in so much pain, with no hope of recovery, that they are pleading to end it, which in any other situation would look like cruel and unusual torture, and if so were you able to stand by your convictions unaffected?"

Personally I don't believe in an interactive God, and my entire adherence to the principles of liberty stems from the premise that I own myself. If I am violating "God's law" by choosing when to die, then let me be judged at the gates. But don't try to use the arm of the state to go after the people who voluntarily entered into an agreement with me.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    disagree. If the Feds need more than they can constitutionally get (via indirect taxes, tariffs, etc) They can ask citizens to buy bonds with gold (or simply make "patriotic donations" to the treasury-this program already exists). Although if competing currencies were legalized, I wouldn't mind your plan so much. Allowing government a monopoly on money/legal tender is a very bad idea.
    Oh I completely agree with you. I wasnt talking about revenue though. What I was saying is I don't believe the gold the US federal government supposedly (Fort Knox needs an audit) has should not be sold, but instead should be used to back the dollar to something tangible. The Constitution authorizes gold and silver as legal tender, and the federal government should offer gold and silver backed dollars for those wishing to use them, for people to pay taxes with and for debts to be settled when no other currency or medium can be mutually agreed upon.

People should, however, have the option of using whatever they want as currency in all private transactions. They should be able to use gold, silver, tennis balls, monkeys, laser tag equipment, bowties, whatever they want as long as its mutually agreed upon.
    Last edited by eduardo89; 03-31-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubical View Post
    If you're a Christian it's common sense. Think about it. There is a reason suicide is called the one unforgivable sin.

Actually, you are the one derailing the thread. "Murder" is a legal term. Man makes laws.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast