Thread: Forced Quarantine: Italy

Forced Quarantine: Italy

Woah...

Italy has placed up to 16 million people under quarantine as it battles to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Anyone living in Lombardy and 14 other central and northern provinces will need special permission to travel. Milan and Venice are both affected.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte also announced the closure of schools, gyms, museums, nightclubs and other venues across the whole country.

The drastic measures will last until 3 April.

Italy has seen the largest number of coronavirus cases in Europe and reported a steep rise in infections on Saturday. The strict new quarantine measures affect a quarter of the Italian population and centre on the part of the country that powers its economy.

The death toll in Italy has passed 230, with officials reporting more than 36 deaths in 24 hours. The number of confirmed cases jumped by more than 1,200 to 5,883 on Saturday.

"We want to guarantee the health of our citizens. We understand that these measures will impose sacrifices, sometimes small and sometimes very big," Mr Conte said early on Sunday.

"But this is a time where we must take responsibility for ourselves."

Last week the government announced the closure of all schools and universities across the country for 10 days.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same will happen elsewhere.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Same will happen elsewhere.
    Ironically, people in the US had been catching Covid-19 since December 2019...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ironically, people in the US had been catching Covid-19 since December 2019...
    I'm not celebrating being right about a lot of covid related things.
    "I am a bird"