Thread: Google to buy 300 modular apartments because employees can't afford rent

Google to buy 300 modular apartments because employees can't afford rent

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/1...ng-crisis-fix/

MOUNTAIN VIEW — With rental costs skyrocketing and homes out of reach for many, Google has hit on a solution that may help it attract workers to the crushingly expensive Bay Area.

The tech giant plans to buy 300 units of modular housing to serve as temporary employee accommodations on its planned “Bay View” campus at NASA’s Moffett Field, according to a source familiar with the plan.
    As someone on Twitter said, "Google in reinventing feudalism!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what happens when the local government prevents new construction
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The more things change...the more the stay the same.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This can't keep continuing. Anything is better. Even a meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    This can't keep continuing. Anything is better. Even a meteor.
    Oh no! Home prices are expensive!

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

The future.

Mentally deficient millennials have swallowed the lie. Look at these fools. This is a human hamster. Who wants to live in an ugly, minimalist 'storefront' box? This is supposed to be the promise of the future? End us now and get it over with.

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2016/07/21/us/21CITYHOUSING1/21CITYHOUSING1-master768-v2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-15-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Mentally deficient millennials have swallowed the lie. Look at these fools. This is a human hamster. Who wants to live in an ugly, minimalist 'storefront' box? This is supposed to be the promise of the future? End us now and get it over with.

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2016/07/21/us/21CITYHOUSING1/21CITYHOUSING1-master768-v2.jpg[/IMG]
    I read a good article about this. I can't find it but the author said it's hard for several reasons, one of which was was that things wear out faster. She ended it saying we should stop trying glamorizing and mimicking poverty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Getting employers to buy our health care worked out so well, let's do housing next!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Getting employers to buy our health care worked out so well, let's do housing next!
    Govt incentivizing employees to buy health care from their employers is not even close to the same thing as employers going into the market without govt incentive or coercion to buy temp housing for their employees. This is madness to compare the two cases. Also most employers offer discounted food to their employees making them buy food from the company restaurant. This has been going on for years and that worked out ok, this is what you compare it with not govt healthcare. Which btw has worked relatively well just as long as you continue to work for the company.

But unlike healthcare, you can change housing without too much hassle. I think the fear I see in this thread is not that this idea would fail but that it would be widely successful and make it that much harder for anyone to compete with google.

Welcome to the dog eat dog sorta free market, get rich or die competing.

Does Google also include one of their wussy-mobiles in the driveway? Or do they even have a driveway?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

But unlike healthcare, you can change housing without too much hassle....
    Just gonna leave this here.

couldn't afford the rent...so out the door they went...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Govt incentivizing employees to buy health care from their employers is not even close to the same thing as employers going into the market without govt incentive or coercion to buy temp housing for their employees. This is madness to compare the two cases. Also most employers offer discounted food to their employees making them buy food from the company restaurant. This has been going on for years and that worked out ok, this is what you compare it with not govt healthcare. Which btw has worked relatively well just as long as you continue to work for the company.

But unlike healthcare, you can change housing without too much hassle. I think the fear I see in this thread is not that this idea would fail but that it would be widely successful and make it that much harder for anyone to compete with google.

Welcome to the dog eat dog sorta free market, get rich or die competing.
    Absolutely agree.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Just gonna leave this here.
    I was talking about red tape. My point is that when you want to get a new place to live or rent comparative to your previous residence, all you really need is the money(which is usually about the same with the old residence) and wiliness to move. So relatively speaking, it is less hassle than trying to change insurance.

While you are at it, you can try to address the other points I made

No, the fear is that, between government collusion and interference in the market making it impossible to afford housing, Srewgle is using that to re-introduce the concept of the "company town", where you live in company housing, visit the company doctor, shop at the company store and ultimately get paid in company scrip, good only at the company store.

Which is to say, a system of polite indentured servitude.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, the fear is that, between government collusion and interference in the market making it impossible to afford housing, Srewgle is using that to re-introduce the concept of the "company town", where you live in company housing, visit the company doctor, shop at the company store and ultimately get paid in company scrip, good only at the company store.

It's problematic on every level. Can you imagine the shrieking if Walmart had done something similiar?

I was talking about red tape.
    So was I. Health care was simpler before insurance became tied to employment.

No they pay USD, and if you are paying less than $1000 a month for rent, you can leave the job after 2-5 years, go back to flyover country and pay cash for whatever house you want.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    No they pay USD, and if you are paying less than $1000 a month for rent, you can leave the job after 2-5 years, go back to flyover country and pay cash for whatever house you want.
    Learn economics, son.

I understand the fear, but it may not turn out that way.
    If government was involved it would for sure.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I understand the fear, but it may not turn out that way.
    If government was involved it would for sure.
    As long as the government is involved in zoning laws, the government is involved. In the comments someone pointed out that a developer tried to buy some land to build housing but the government refused to rezone it, and instead sold it to linked-in. Bad bet, if you ask me.

Shut yer soylent hole and report to your exercise wheel. What are ya trying to do, break the earth for the rest of us?
    Sheesh!
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE