Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dartmouth College to host 'What's Up With White People?' event

Dartmouth College to host 'What's Up With White People?' event

Are you "perplexed" by white people? Temple University sociologist Matt Wray may have the answers.
    Wray, a self-proclaimed "expert on whiteness," is set to hold a forum at Dartmouth College on Feb. 2 to figure out "What's Up With White People?"
    The talk will be open to the public as Wray provides a "field guide" to learn about "the different types of white people and how you can learn to spot them in their natural habitats.”
    Wray says the event will offer “a sociological and cultural analysis of what produces and sustains” certain “white social types” such as President Trump, transracial former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, white nationalist Richard Spencer and leftwing Social Justice Warriors.
    Wray's presentation, first reported by the College Fix, is set to conclude with “observations about the implications of white self-differentiation for social issues like immigration, mass incarceration, and the growing epidemic of self-destruction among whites.”

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20...ple-event.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Another gift to mankind who got where he is (wherever that is, Philly?) on state scholarships.

I hope they invite Danke as a token guest speaker .

"the different types of white people and how you can learn to spot them in their natural habitats.”

Not possible. Whites are not diverse, they are just....white.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "the different types of white people and how you can learn to spot them in their natural habitats.”

I hear we all look the same

Looks like we've finally discovered something that a white man can say without negative repurcussions but that a black woman can't say without getting fired ...

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Apple Fired Its Black Diversity Chief After She Said Whites Can Be Diverse

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/19/ap...an-be-diverse/

Apple fired its diversity chief shortly after she made statements allowing that white people can come from a diversity of backgrounds.

“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blond men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” diversity and inclusion chief, Denise Young Smith, recently said at a summit in Columbia according to the New York Post.

[...]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-22-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What about Russians?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What about Russians?
    They are "Reds" and therefore related to Oyarde, Dems will declare war on Oyarde when they have finished with Russia.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I hear we all look the same
    Leesee.....

I'm blonde w/bluegreen eyes. black eyebrows, tan skin tone and I look like Legolas. My heritage is mostly Scottish, Cherokee, Lumbee & a bit of black.

So, where do I fit in? I'm confused.
    There is no spoon.

The talk will be open to the public as Wray provides a "field guide" to learn about "the different types of white people and how you can learn to spot them in their natural habitats.”
    Hmmm...I guess I'm the peckerwood in the woods with too many guns.

Hey! My coloring is on the right side of the chart but I identify as "white" - specifically, a Ritz cracka. I'm not transracial but I do have my black ID. I got it because I used to go to a black club with my girlfriend back in the day and people kept axing me what a little white girl like me was doing there so I told them I got in because I had black ID. Nowadays, I'd probably get my ass kicked for saying $#@! like that but back then, people just laughed and called me a crazy azz cracka.

For reference sake, I don't like Pumpkin spice flavored anything or Starbucks (I'm not above drinking one of those chocolate chip Frappuchinos if you bring me one, though) but I do own a pair of Ugg boots. I'm also a known cultural appropriator and have an inappropriate costume for every drinking holiday. My natural habits are the laundry room, kitchen, back porch, and the liquor store. On nice days, I can also be found free ranging around the cul de sac looking for someone to chat with.

I wonder what I would be in the Field Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Leesee.....

I'm blonde w/bluegreen eyes. black eyebrows, tan skin tone and I look like Legolas. My heritage is mostly Scottish, Cherokee, Lumbee & a bit of black.

So, where do I fit in? I'm confused.
    Now I know what the "L" stands for in LBGTQ.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Actually, no. White people cover four continents and include Native Americans and Latinos. They speak several languages including varieties of English, all Romance, Germanic, and Slavic languages. Plus tribal languages of the Incas, Myas, and Aztecs. Welsh. Diversity is more than skin color. It is culture and langage.

Shows the ignorance of the liberal left.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

PS: I look as white as white can be, but I've been DNA tested and have mixed ancestry.

Some days I would give $10 just to hear a self-identifying black person say what part of Africa they are from and speak for five minutes in that native language.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I wonder what I would be in the Field Guide.
    Italian?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Now I know what the "L" stands for in LBGTQ.
    B is for Bow and Q for Quiver
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 11-22-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Actually, no. White people cover four continents and include Native Americans and Latinos. They speak several languages including varieties of English, all Romance, Germanic, and Slavic languages. Plus tribal languages of the Incas, Myas, and Aztecs. Welsh. Diversity is more than skin color. It is culture and langage.

Shows the ignorance of the liberal left.
    Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Italian?
    I'm pretty sure I don't have any Italian in me because the last time Mr A told me he wanted Italian sausage for dinner, I used Polish Sausage and called it Italian Sausage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I'm pretty sure I don't have any Italian in me because the last time Mr A told me he wanted Italian sausage for dinner, I used Polish Sausage and called it Italian Sausage.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Reading that ass-hat's profile, he is apparently under the impression that he is a bird of some sort.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Reported.
    For WHAT????
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    For WHAT????
    For un-PC behavioural modification. There is only one form of white and it is bad. Now pipe down before you are sent to the Camp.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

For un-PC behavioural modification. There is only one form of white and it is bad. Now pipe down before you are sent to the Camp.
    Double plus good comrade for your correction of our wayward comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Wray says the event will offer “a sociological and cultural analysis of what produces and sustains” certain “white social types” such as President Trump, transracial former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, white nationalist Richard Spencer and leftwing Social Justice Warriors.
    More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20...ple-event.html

Mr. Spencer is back in healines.
    White Nationalist leader Spencer who once said 'Hail Trump' now says he's playing a 'con game'. Video credit CNN:

Video: White nationalist turns on Trump after racist tweets

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Mr. Spencer is back in healines.
    White Nationalist leader Spencer who once said 'Hail Trump' now says he's playing a 'con game'. Video credit CNN:

Video: White nationalist turns on Trump after racist tweets
    Stop promoting a racist with spam.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Two years ago this was funny and worthy of a chuckle...nothing to get too worked up over.

Not so funny anymore...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast