Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video] Justin Amash town hall 5/28/19

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It sounds like he doesn't care what rights are violated as long as it is done at a local level.
    Attending public school is not a right.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    I like what Amash is doing and I'm glad Massie and Rand are staying toward the right. I think testing a left-appealing libertarian position is a good strategy, and Amash is definitely grabbing media attention which is good. If he runs for president, I want him to run in the republican primary, not go libertarian party.
    Where is Amash doing anything leftist? I don't see it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There is no underlining crime committed...but he is guilty of obstructing justice?!?!?!

Amash is a joke.
    Have you read the Mueller report?

This townhall was a grand slam for Amash. The "#Resistance" characters in the audience didn't even realize what they were hearing. Amash's primary challenger was there too but didn't want to ask him a question. Justin is not going to need the DeVos money.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This townhall was a grand slam for Amash. The "#Resistance" characters in the audience didn't even realize what they were hearing. Amash's primary challenger was there too but didn't want to ask him a question. Justin is not going to need the DeVos money.
    Imagine a debate between Amash and that yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Justin: "Under the current administration spending is sky-rocketing."

The lady around the :37 minute mark who can "think for herself"... understands NOTHING about obstruction.

She said: "trump is all for limited government."

Justin said: "President trump is not at all for limited government. That's just not true at all."

The lady said: "I can't debate you on that because I haven't researched that. However he wants to get rid of the Department of Education."

Justin said: "He's free to do so. He's the president. He's the president, he could make a move to do so."

The lady said: "Ok, we'll just move on, this isn't going anywhere."
    The first MAGA lady didn't do too well, the next two asked some valid questions and he gave total crap answers.

Amash said Barr got a letter from Mueller that Barr had misled the American public. In fact, Barr called Mueller the night he got the letter, and in front of a bunch of people Mueller specifically said that it wasn't Barr misleading the American people, it was the MEDIA that was misleading people about what Barr had released and so he wanted Barr to release more sooner. Barr complied and eventually released everything he could.

That was a really partisan, dishonest answer and it is just wrong. But maybe that is the best answer to give his district. It's a really good thing the rest of the country isn't like his district, though, I have to say. We would be a far less libertarian country, we are lucky to have Amash serving in that leftist district instead of somebody much much worse.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-29-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Imagine a debate between Amash and that yahoo.
    It’s been awhile since I listened to one of his town halls but he seemed much sharper and able to field every single question.

No it isn't, the left that is applauding him today will reject him as soon as he is no longer useful to them and he is making conservatives who might have listened to our message in the long run hate and suspect libertarians.
    The conservatives who will not listen to his message just proves they're no more better than the left when it comes to their idolatry.

Where is Amash doing anything leftist? I don't see it.
    Seems like he's to the right of the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The more I watch his town halls the more I realize I think that he knows what he is doing. Thomas Massie and Rand Paul are perfect for Kentucky. Amash is great for Michigan. The reverse probably wouldn't hold.

If he holds his seat, or gets a Senate seat that would be awesome. I don't think now is the time for a Presidential run, though.
    Do you think maybe Amash is Q??? It would explain a lot.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like Rep. Amash and consider him one of only three true representatives in the U.S. Congress: Sen. Paul, Rep. Massie, and Rep. Amash. But, honestly compels me to report I believe he has fallen victim to TDS on this one.

The real issue at hand is the 4th Amendment rights of U.S. citizens being violated on the grounds of opposition research being accepted as evidence to secure a FISA warrant. I'm not sure where Massie is on all this, but I know my (and all of our) 4th Amendment rights are being protected by one person in the U.S. Congress and that is Sen. Rand Paul.

Btw, I still consider myself a supporter of Justin Amash. But, I'm very anxious for him to move off of this and stop being so useful to the worst among us.

Quote Originally Posted by James Otis, Jr. View Post

The real issue at hand is the 4th Amendment rights of U.S. citizens being violated on the grounds of opposition research being accepted as evidence to secure a FISA warrant. I'm not sure where Massie is on all this, but I know my (and all of our) 4th Amendment rights are being protected by one person in the U.S. Congress and that is Sen. Rand Paul.
    He talks about this near the end of the townhall when a Trump supporter asked a similar question. Basically his answer is that Trump is just using that as an excuse since he doesn't actually want to reform FISA; Trump threatened to veto Amash's amendment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cf03c3e6c70d

The townhall is really worth the time to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by James Otis, Jr. View Post
    The real issue at hand is the 4th Amendment rights of U.S. citizens being violated on the grounds of opposition research being accepted as evidence to secure a FISA warrant.
    That is a real issue. But it's not the only issue. And one can oppose that and also oppose abuses of power on the part of the president at the same time. Despite all the complaints I've seen here from people saying that Amash has said things supportive of the deep state or violations of the 4th Amendment or other such things, so far I've seen no evidence of Amash doing that, and when I've asked the complainers to point to any, none have been able to.

That is a real issue. But it's not the only issue. And one can oppose that and also oppose abuses of power on the part of the president at the same time. Despite all the complaints I've seen here from people saying that Amash has said things supportive of the deep state or violations of the 4th Amendment or other such things, so far I've seen no evidence of Amash doing that, and when I've asked the complainers to point to any, none have been able to.
    This is a reasonable reply. That said, my overarching point is that, practically, Justin Amash is playing into the hands of the Left and even worse actors. I strongly disagree with Amash's approach and strongly agree with Paul's approach. I would also say the time and effort taken to take out Trump is pretty notable in its lack of evidence against him. I suspect similarly motivated and resourced investigations of preceding presidencies, by and large, would've produced equal or worse evidence. I think impeaching President Trump, under the backdrop of the current evidence at hand, would be a horrible precedent and against the long-term aims of the constitutional conservative/libertarian movement.

And we have yet to see any factual proof of what Amash says is truly legal in interpretation. A personal opinion and interpretation is not proof, it is just rumor and hearsay until proven as fact. Even legal representation has to also prove facts behind the claims an expert witness shares in a court of law. Anything other is denying Constitutional right to due process no matter who it is. Even if you hate Trump and think he deserves it. this is a very very bad precedent to allow happen heading into the future. Amash and his staff are not infallible gods either. If Amash was pure and infallible he would have had the integrity to run as a Libertarian not a Republican and he would have lost election. What about this misrepresentation? Would this lack of integrity and misrepresentation be worthy of impeachment and removal from office using similar opinion and hearsay without any real proof? It's just a bad precedent to support no matter who it is against. I would have stuck up for even Obama or Hillary in the same circumstances, like it or not it just ain't right.

Where is the detailed compiled list of actions Amash is referring to so that we can claim it as indeed fact or not? Are we ever going to get one? Ron Paul would have already had a detailed list and explanations of why ready before he made a claim such as this against the President of the United States. This would be the honest and righteous thing to do. Amash is hoping the blind will just follow without question. And they are...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/fox17online...8780868617444/

edit: here's another version that doesn't have the first minute cut out, probably is better

https://www.facebook.com/woodtv/videos/691087261321615
    YouTube version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsDs2fTbj1I
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He also denies that the whole investigation was based on lies etc. and tries to imply that there were underlying crimes
    The investigation was about Russian interference in our election, which indisputably resulted in the indictment of several Russians.

and that Trump successfully obstructed justice.

He never said Trump was successful. Just the opposite, actually, due to the refusal of Trump's underlings to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Where is the detailed compiled list of actions Amash is referring to so that we can claim it as indeed fact or not? ..
    It's literally the entire second half of the report.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    1:21. she owns him.

Then he taps dances...
    Own him? She came across as not understanding whats important.

She doesn't understand his job or she just lied. She said "your job is to directly represent the popular will of your constituents". Amash said it's his job to uphold the Constitution. And they can be mutually exclusive when the will of the people violate rights.

Then she came up with some garbage by saying he didn't give a reason for impeachment and later did?? She says impeachment could cause a civil war? She's as crazy as a $#@!house rat.

He didn't do anything about FISA? She lied.

She blathered on about him wanting national attention. It's always about policy and the topic of conversation and not some poser garbage. Then she complains that he lost support because he won by the smallest amount since he started? He won by 11% like that's a bad thing. She's full of $#@!. He hasn't changed. She has.
    Don't fall for her good looks.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 05-29-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's literally the entire second half of the report.
    This is what? 200 pages and we have no idea what and how Amash is personally interpreting these 200 pages? Has Amash or his staff summarized it and condensed it with the detailed specific violations list and why Amash feels they are and exposed these yet? I would objectively read a list of violations and why Amash feels they are violations. But I have yet to see one, let alone from Amash since the burden of proof is on him alone for his claims. If he really had any integrity he would supply this to eliminate any doubt of his word, interpretation, and opinion. If Amash produces some serious reasonable doubt proof point by point you know that I have the integrity to stand corrected. And if anyone else other than him tries to do this they would just be guessing at what Amash might be seeing. Until he explains his position with details, it is legally just a rumor and hearsay based on the perspective and interpretation of just one person. No one else has produced these specific details either. Know why? Because in reality they have absolutely no clue what Amash is pointing at until Amash shares what he is pointing at.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

So Amash is saying that Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice. So the guy around minute 39 says that he spend 30 yrs in prison for obstruction of justice on a crime he did not commit and Amash just brushed it off. I know the average American would be locked up for obstruction but the man's example tells us that its not cool to automatically lock someone up for obstructing justice.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So Amash is saying that Trump should be impeached for obstruction of justice. So the guy around minute 39 says that he spend 30 yrs in prison for obstruction of justice on a crime he did not commit and Amash just brushed it off. I know the average American would be locked up for obstruction but the man's example tells us that its not cool to automatically lock someone up for obstructing justice.
    Absolutely Jules... And this is exactly why presumption of innocence and due process is meant to supersede all other. They are meant to protect that one individual who might be innocent. And it is a blanket right afforded to every individual. It was once not so... There was a time when Women, Blacks, and Native Americans were not fully afforded these rights and it was fixed. Now only the President alone is denied these rights.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 05-29-2019 at 03:39 PM.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He didn't brush him off. That guy got up because he wanted to make it about himself. He publicized his case. That was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    I like what Amash is doing and I'm glad Massie and Rand are staying toward the right. I think testing a left-appealing libertarian position is a good strategy, and Amash is definitely grabbing media attention which is good. If he runs for president, I want him to run in the republican primary, not go libertarian party.
    If you want him to move to the left then he should run in the Demoncrat primary.

But that would show that there is zero possibility of converting the left and that moving to the left is just a horrible idea.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Seems like he's to the right of the GOP
    + Rep

Which is why Justin seems to always have a challenger. Typically the neocon line is you can’t beat an incumbent, but they sure do try when a true liberty representative holds office.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

That is the FULL-BLOWN STATIST position.

I support all people voting at the local level if that is what they wish to do. If you choose to homestead an open area, or open a business, and others in your locale also, it is up to that close-knit community to make decisions amongst themselves without state or federal interference.

Voting at the local level does not require registering with or funding "The Fed". It brings it back to the local level where it should be, and according to the 10th Amendment.

I understand why the Bill of Rights is being shredded though... it is not "invaders"... it is people like you who believe and support Restrictionism, Constitution Free Zones and government Eminent Domain - which are all communist/globalist agendas.
    You support the invasion and electoral conquest of America by communist foreigners.

We know that already.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Wow. Welcome to 2008. I remember Conservatives in a complete meltdown when Ron Paul suggested we "invited 9/11 attacks".
    Conservatives are not perfect but unlike the left they don't believe in ever larger big government, we can convert many of them but the left is hopeless.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You support the invasion and electoral conquest of America by communist foreigners.

We know that already.
    Oh. It’s Sword-Shill again.

Carry on.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Justin: "Under the current administration spending is sky-rocketing."

The lady around the :37 minute mark who can "think for herself"... understands NOTHING about obstruction.

She said: "trump is all for limited government."

Justin said: "President trump is not at all for limited government. That's just not true at all."

The lady said: "I can't debate you on that because I haven't researched that. However he wants to get rid of the Department of Education."

Justin said: "He's free to do so. He's the president. He's the president, he could make a move to do so."

The lady said: "Ok, we'll just move on, this isn't going anywhere."
    Justin seems to think Trump is a dictator.

Trump can't just get rid of the DoE by himself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    He didn't brush him off. That guy got up because he wanted to make it about himself. He publicized his case. That was obvious.
    He gave his details so people can verify that he is not just bullshi**ing. Regardless, he did not give a good reply to the guys comments and that is a problem. At first I thought he was trying to make issue of the town hall about himself but later on, I asked myself if I would have believed it if he did not give details(that I haven't verified but I am sure someone did)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast