Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3 officers dead after shooting near Baton Rouge PD HQ

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 07:09 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Government law and order =/= abandonment to chaos and death. Voluntary interactions can achieve lawful interactivity without government. Death is inevitable and government tends to create more of it than individuals that interact.
    Maybe if there were few people on this planet. But let's just take the US. With 330 million people there would be massive death and destruction, the likes humans have never seen. To beleive otherwise is foolish. Guess what I am saying is, that as much as I would enjoy anarchy the realist comes out in me and tempers my thoughts.
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 07-18-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Maybe if there were few people on this planet. But let's just take the US. With 330 million people there would be massive death and destruction, the likes humans have never seen. To beleive otherwise is foolish. Guess what I am saying is, that as much as I would enjoy anarchy the realist comes out in me and tempers my thoughts.
    Bull$#@!. The state is, always has been, and always will be (so long as it continues to exist), the single greatest source of "massive death and destruction the likes of which humans have ever seen" - by many, many orders of magnitude ...

"The debate between statists and anti-statists is in my judgement not evenly matched. Defending the continued existence of the state, despite having absolute certainty of a corresponding continuation of its intrinsic engagement in extortion, robbery, willful destruction of wealth, assault, kidnapping, murder, and countless other crimes, requires that one imagine non-state chaos, disorder, and death on a scale that non-state actors seem completely incapable of causing." -- Robert Higgs, The State Is Too Dangerous to Tolerate (emphasis added)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RILDjo4EXV8

What he said.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

+rep this exactly

Yes, without roads, this country would be complete and total chaos. Riots, fires, blood in the streets,,, err, well scratch that last one

But yes

Fortunately, we have government, to protect us
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The Jim Crow South is looking a whole lot better than decadent HUD housing projects, liquor stores on every corner and drug fueled violence.
    Make America Great Again, eh? Feral blacks, right? Isn't that your take? Yeah, that Jim Crow south sure looks appealing to some, but it ain't who you're proposing finds the past so appealing.

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Make America Great Again, eh? Feral blacks, right? Isn't that your take? Yeah, that Jim Crow south sure looks appealing to some, but it ain't who you're proposing finds the past so appealing.

Like I said previously, I'd rather live in the Jim Crow South with my parcel of land, livestock and fresh air as opposed to ducking bullets and syringes in the boxlike urban ghettos. I'll take my chances with a few racists as opposed to the 24/7 encompassing culture of death.

Secondly, many people are naive to the fact that there are significant portions of the Northeast that are far more discriminatory than the South.
    Last edited by AuH20; 07-18-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Like I said previously, I'd rather live in the Jim Crow South with my parcel of land, livestock and fresh air as opposed to ducking bullets and syringes in the boxlike urban ghettos. I'll take my chances with a few racists as opposed to the 24/7 encompassing culture of death.

Secondly, many people are naive to the fact that there are significant portions of the Northeast that are far more discriminatory than the South.
    Sure you'd like to live there. I don't fathom the racists narrative would weigh on you at all. I've done my time. If you ain't from around there, they don't want you and they will make damn sure you know it. In the south you ain't leaving behind the needles, they do that there, too. Nor will you stop dodging bullets. My next door neighbors in Alabama thought it great sport to shoot at their neighbors in an attempt to drive them off of their land. Bonus prize is the treatment by law enforcement and anyone else who isn't a transplant just because you aren't a local no matter how long you've lived on your cozy parcel (which is just about impossible to find without some bucktoothed yahoo harassing you with the zoning laws 'cause again you ain't from around there)

I've also done my time up in the North and yep, they are blatantly racist here as well, in pockets. They don't worry about keepin' up airs like they do down south. None of that hey sugar, let me fix you some sweet tea while I stab you in the back crap that is a dime a dozen down south. Blatant morons are much easier to avoid than back stabbing manipulators.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Baton Rouge Shooter Video '3 principles for my people'

What more can be said then it is sad all around? It seems like the shooter had had enough. And who the hell am I to say 'just suffer a little more oppression, things will be better soon'? And that is not just in reference to black individuals but any individuals. The state is oppressive from its taxes and regulations to victimless-crime laws and militarized police these all have an effect of bringing a person down. And there is no bright horizon on the future that can be pointed to at this time. And on the other side you have three individuals whose children will never get to see them again. I sure as hell can't say these individuals deserved to die. As has already been stated this is a mess that the state and politicians have gotten us into. The only path I see forward is just to keep on keeping on spreading love and the truth and pray that our work will minimize bloodshed and bring about change.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    State Police release shooter and weapons photos

http://www.brproud.com/news/local-ne...ooter-at-scene

$1,749.00
    Last edited by goldenequity; 07-18-2016 at 04:43 PM.

ditto. I lived in South but from west.....I was a transplant and they did notice but I had good relations and good business deals with them. Still do.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Baton Rouge Shooter Video '3 principles for my people'

What more can be said then it is sad all around? It seems like the shooter had had enough. And who the hell am I to say 'just suffer a little more oppression, things will be better soon'? And that is not just in reference to black individuals but any individuals. The state is oppressive from its taxes and regulations to victimless-crime laws and militarized police these all have an effect of bringing a person down. And there is no bright horizon on the future that can be pointed to at this time. And on the other side you have three individuals whose children will never get to see them again. I sure as hell can't say these individuals deserved to die. As has already been stated this is a mess that the state and politicians have gotten us into. The only path I see forward is just to keep on keeping on spreading love and the truth and pray that our work will minimize bloodshed and bring about change.
    why not go higher up the chain then? Chop the head off the snake.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Bull$#@!. The state is, always has been, and always will be (so long as it continues to exist), the single greatest source of "massive death and destruction the likes of which humans have ever seen" - by many, many orders of magnitude ...

"The debate between statists and anti-statists is in my judgement not evenly matched. Defending the continued existence of the state, despite having absolute certainty of a corresponding continuation of its intrinsic engagement in extortion, robbery, willful destruction of wealth, assault, kidnapping, murder, and countless other crimes, requires that one imagine non-state chaos, disorder, and death on a scale that non-state actors seem completely incapable of causing." -- Robert Higgs, The State Is Too Dangerous to Tolerate (emphasis added)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RILDjo4EXV8

What he said.
    Sure the state is no saint but remember the state is the people. Human nature ain't so nice. Doesn't matter who gives the orders.
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

why not go higher up the chain then? Chop the head off the snake.
    I often wonder the same in regards to war. I obviously can't speak for this guy. Maybe it is viewed as the current weak point? There are plenty of politicians to fall in line and keep the same $#@! going. Politicians are afforded greater security than police officers. If they hollow the ranks of police will people go to fill their shoes? I dunno man. Maybe they are just looking to spark a discussion?

What credence? That one particular group kills each other at an alarming rate. What is so taboo about saying this?
    Because GROUPS don't kill anyone; individuals do. Race is not responsible.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Make America Great Again, eh? Feral blacks, right?
    don't forget "uppity".
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Nope. He's an alt-right gamer who can't relate to real women.
    Ah,,
    and the other is a Paladin
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand

The Knights of the Silver Hand (a.k.a. Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand, Order of the Silver Hand, or simply the Silver Hand and the Paladin Order[1]) was the order of paladins created after the First War by Uther the Lightbringer and Archbishop Alonsus Faol. The Silver Hand helped lead the Alliance of Lordaeron to victory in the Second War.
    And yes I have played and Yes I do have a Level 100 Prot Pallie.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 07:09 AM.

My son plays too, but he's not alt-right. I've got nothing against gamers.
    Lot of politics in chat.

Folks did a Ron Paul Run across a world,, before I started playing.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Sure the state is no saint but remember the state is the people.
    The state is not the people. The state is some of the people (and a relative few at that).

Human nature ain't so nice. Doesn't matter who gives the orders.
    If that is the case, then it's just one more reason why a monopoly on force (i.e. the state) should never be given over to the hands of a relative few. Doing so is what makes possible the "massive death and destruction the likes of which humans have ever seen" that you mentioned - and it does so on a scale which, as Higgs noted, non-state actors simply cannot hope to match (even if they wanted to).

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Because GROUPS don't kill anyone; individuals do. Race is not responsible.
    Ok. Black individuals murder other black individuals at an alarming rate.

Better?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Almost everyone of these shooters of cops are worthless to society in terms of what they did in their life until age 30 or 35. That's a huge PR problem for the anti-cop.

It's not like one of them was the best welder on the shop floor and they were driving home from work and their relative murdered by cops.

Young black men kill themselves as much as young white men.

This is the lack of logic in Black Lives Matter. The KKK can't go into a mostly black county, abduct a black person without a noise or scratches on the body and hang them in a tree.

There was only 2000 blacks lynched.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...es_of_violence

CALLER: Here we go. What do you want to start with? Let's start with the (unintelligible) Black Lives Matter. I don't know how you guys can think that's a hate group. That's not a hate group. And the reason why so many people support that is because the Klan is still running around. Nobody gets to talk about that. That's what's got everybody pissed off.

Everybody scared about this ISIS, ISIS that. But the Klan's been here for how many years, and it's still running around doing what they want to do, and nobody cares about it? There's been 90 people lynched since 2013. Ninety. And there was one last week that they found in the park, they're trying to say he did it to himself. That's how people don't be caring about a lot of stuff that be going on, man, 'cause they're pissed off, and you guys go out of town or go out of the country to go get ISIS --
    Last edited by RandallFan; 07-18-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:41 AM.

So, are you saying that you don't agree with private property rights, Cajun?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is probably the most inappropriate tangent ever, but at least their signs are spelled correctly (and no, that's definitely not a racist dig; look at any protest or gathering...).
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Ok. Black individuals murder other black individuals at an alarming rate.

Better?
    Particularly in several large cities.

and Much of that related to the War on Drugs.

Prohibition, Disarmament, Police State

All are related,,
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Looks like a lot of white privilege going on in these pictures. Not that anyone alive today is responsible for what's going on here, but if you can't at least acknowledge that it once existed....maybe some are too blind to see.
    White privilege? Really? You mean private property rights? It's late and I am not interested in spending the time to look up the numbers from way back then, but here are some more current numbers. Perhaps this had something to do with it. Don't know. Do you?

From the CDC...
    Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
    Gonorrhea

In 2010, 69% of all reported cases of gonorrhea occurred among blacks. The rate of gonorrhea among blacks in 2010 was 432.5 cases per 100,000 population, which was 18.7 times the rate among whites (23.1). This disparity has changed little in recent years. This disparity was larger for black men (22.2 times) than for black women (16.2 times).

Chlamydia

In 2010, the overall rate among blacks in the United States was 1,167.5 cases per 100,000, a 4.0% increase from the 2009 rate of 1,122.2 cases per 100,000. The rate of chlamydia among black women was over seven times the rate among white women (1,536.5 and 205.1 per 100,000 women, respectively). The chlamydia rate among black men was almost 11 times the rate among white men (761.8 and 69.9 cases per 100,000 men, respectively).
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/healthdis...americans.html
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 07-18-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    ================

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-19-2016 at 06:36 AM.

LE, is that the only picture you saw in that post? Is that the basis for some of you (you, LE?) wanting to return to Jim Crow laws? Is this what RPF has become?
    You are the one talking about Jim Crow; not me. What I am focusing on is one of the pictures you chose to post and your apparent distress over private property rights. I find it curious; especially by someone who calls themselves "libertarian".
    ================

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast