Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand Washing and the Fear of the Faucet

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    It seems to me that, the need for a man to wash his hands after pissing in a public restroom are lesser than ever. Lets see, you can usually push the door open with your foot (shoe), piss in the urinal and not have to flush because the robot will flush it and hell, you could even get a robot to spit out a paper towel to use on the door handle on your way out. So you can easily go in and go through and not get any germs on your hands other than your own dick germs or anything that is in the air and going to get on any other uncovered part of your body as well. and I don't see the article proposing taking a whole freaking bath in the public sink.

meh.
    Aha! Obviously one of the 50%.

This thread needs a poll.

Consider me an admitted rinser for #1, soaper for #2.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The food taste like $#@! anyway..........
    I think we had a recent discussion about it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Aha! Obviously one of the 50%.

This thread needs a poll.

Consider me an admitted rinser for #1, soaper for #2.
    Clever!

Efficacy of Waterless Hand Hygiene Compared with Handwashing with Soap: A Field Study in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2813169/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"At Harvard we wash our hands every time we use the restroom."

"At Yale we learn not to piss on our hands. " (heard it in a movie- can't remember which one)

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    My dick is cleaner than the bathroom fixtures in any public restroom!
    $#@!ing right.

My dick is by far the cleanest thing in any public restroom I've been in.

Now, after pooping, that requires thorough cleaning/sanitizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ing right.

My dick is by far the cleanest thing in any public restroom I've been in.

Now, after pooping, that requires thorough cleaning/sanitizing.
    Clean the bathroom first!

If urine is sterile and dicks are cleaner than sinks then why bother washing in public?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    If urine is sterile and dicks are cleaner than sinks then why bother washing in public?
    +rep

Wash yer hands...

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Urine is not sterile.

Urine is not sterile.
    Well, I feel sorry for all the ladies putting on their face to treat acne. It's on Pinterest.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Well, I feel sorry for all the ladies putting on their face to treat acne. It's on Pinterest.
    Look what else they do for attention.........

Wash yer hands...

That pic... Wash your shoes and feet!!!

I wash my hands after using the restroom. I probably should do it before because I work a dirty job, have a good immune system, and am probably a carrier of dangerous bacteria.

Urine is not sterile.
    It is unless you're sick.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It is unless you're sick.
    Is urine actually sterile?

http://www.popsci.com/urine-sterile-drinking-pee

Just in case you were wondering

By Rachel Feltman January 11, 2017

It's a fact frequently shared at parties and across social media: urine is sterile, so you should drink it if you find yourself in a waterless pinch. But like so many cocktail party factoids, this one is absolutely not true.

Urine ain't sterile, friends, and neither is any part of you.

Microbes are an indelible part of our bodies and the world around us. Not even the uterus and placenta, long thought to enshroud fetuses in sterile envelopes during gestation, are actually germ-free zones. They contain complex, varied microbial colonies—microbiomes—that help prepare us for the real world.

But it's apparent that many doctors are still under the impression that urine is sterile (unless someone has a urinary tract infection). That's likely a holdover from the days when bacteria in the body was thought of as a negative thing—the source of infections—as opposed to the complicated garden we now know to exist within us. It would be absurd to assume that a healthy urinary tract has absolutely no bacteria in it, given the abundance of microbes throughout our body. In fact, research indicates that replenishing the "good" bacteria found in the vagina can help prevent or treat urinary tract infections—so it seems likely that these friendly bacteria often traffic there.

So even if urine was sterile at some point, you better believe it's teeming with microbial life by the time it finishes its journey to your toilet (or wherever you're putting it).

Indeed, recent studies have indicated that bacteria are present in urine, though bacterial counts are lower in healthy urine than in the pee of someone suffering from an infection (duh).

Okay, so, to recap. Urine: not sterile. But on the other hand, bacteria: not inherently bad. So if you don't have a UTI, is drinking your urine okay?
    Lots of folks drink their own urine for the supposed health benefits (which, for the record, are totally unproven). Others rely on urine during emergency situations out in the wilderness, and still others consume it for more, ahem, personal reasons. But it's not a great idea: even when you're healthy, urine contains salt, which will dehydrate you. If you're drinking urine because you're dehydrated, the salt concentration will continue to increase every time it goes through you're body. You're basically forcing your kidney to re-filter the substances it voided in order to keep your body healthy, and it should go without saying that this isn't a great idea.

If it's a true emergency? Drinking your own urine is probably okay for a day or two. Any longer, and you risk over-taxing your kidneys and falling into deeper dehydration troubles. But unless you're sweating buckets, you can go three days without drinking any water at all. So maybe you shouldn't turn to pee just because you're feeling parched.

Is urine actually sterile?
    Is your wife?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Wash yer hands...

Is the sink that crusty sprayer hanging on the wall? I'd much rather touch dick hands than crusty sprayer hands.

Is the sink that crusty sprayer hanging on the wall? I'd much rather touch dick hands than crusty sprayer hands.
    You dont see any TP do you? that's what the sprayer is for.

That explains the "crust". *gag*

Owner of this toilet relocating to a city near you.

It also explains what I was talking about in post #29 in this thread and the watering can these people put in the stalls in a shared restroom in a corporate environment.

Vikings never washed hands , they just licked the fingers when need be .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Vikings never washed hands , they just licked the fingers when need be .
    To be fair viking food was bland and never spicy. They probably mastered the no-wipe-needed $#@!.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is your wife?
    WTF has that got to do with anything?

I didn't really pay it that much mind until a couple weeks later, I was taking a piss, the restroom stank like rotten ass from somebody in a stall and then I started to hear pouring and splashing... And then I realized why they had watering cans in the stalls.
    Experienced the same thing - people standing on the toilet seats too... They'd messed all over the seat and left it - this was at a software company that ranked within the top 10 in the world at the time. Haven't seen that kind of thing in quite some time though - that must of been 16-18 years ago. Well dressed people, nice cars in the parking lot, and sh!t all over the toilet seat.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Experienced the same thing - people standing on the toilet seats too... They'd messed all over the seat and left it - this was at a software company that ranked within the top 10 in the world at the time. Haven't seen that kind of thing in quite some time though - that must of been 16-18 years ago. Well dressed people, nice cars in the parking lot, and sh!t all over the toilet seat.
    Why are they afraid of toilet paper?

Why are they afraid of toilet paper?
    maybe they just like the feeling of their bare hands wiping handfuls of $#@! from their ass crack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast