Thread: Salvini tells Juncker: Stop interfering or we'll sue

Salvini tells Juncker: Stop interfering or we'll sue

Italy’s Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has hit out at interference from the European Union’s Jean-Claude Juncker, threatening to sue after comments the unelected, unaccountable European Commission President made.
    Juncker had expressed concern about the Italian government’s proposed budget and threat to the Euro, causing a knock-on effect in the markets.
    This has caused the Eurosceptic Salvini to hit back and he has said: “The European Commission President Juncker, by equating Italy with Greece, sends the spread crazy. He could have spared us that.”
    Making clear his anger, Salvin also said of Juncker: “He should drink two glasses of water before opening his mouth, and stop spreading non-existent threats. Or we’ll ask him for damages.”
    And Salvini said he thought such comments were being used as a way of getting at his government: “The words and threats of Juncker and other European bureaucrats continue to make the spread rise, with the aim of attacking the government and the Italian economy.”

More at: https://www.westmonster.com/italys-s...g-or-well-sue/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    “The words and threats of Juncker and other European bureaucrats continue to make the spread rise..."
    Yea, there's no natural reason for yields to rise when you propose higher deficit-spending.

It must be capitalist saboteurs.

the unelected, unaccountable European Commission President
    ...who is taking a more fiscally conservative position than the elected, accountable-to-free-$#@!-lovers Italian government.

Tell me @Swordsmyth, do you want the ECB to print money to finance the spendthrifts in Rome, as the spendthrifts in Rome want?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yea, there's no natural reason for yields to rise when you propose higher deficit-spending.

It must be capitalist saboteurs.

...who is taking a more fiscally conservative position than the elected, accountable-to-free-$#@!-lovers Italian government.

Tell me @Swordsmyth, do you want the ECB to print money to finance the spendthrifts in Rome, as the spendthrifts in Rome want?
    No, if they don't Italy will leave the EU and the Euro.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, if they don't Italy will leave the EU and the Euro.
    And what then do you think Rome would do?

Become fiscally responsible, or start printing lira to finance their giant welfare state?

And what then do you think Rome would do?

Become fiscally responsible, or start printing lira to finance their giant welfare state?
    Maybe or maybe not but at least they will have restored their sovereignty and be free of the EU policies that have made their problems much worse.

If they don't make the right choices they may have a crisis and learn the hard way.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe or maybe not
    You are aware that they have publicly asked the ECB to print money to finance their spending?

And that one of their publicly stated reasons for leaving the Eurozone is to escape the "restrictive" (i.e. not-as-print-happy) monetary system?

You are aware that they have publicly asked the ECB to print money to finance their spending?

And that one of their publicly stated reasons for leaving the Eurozone is to escape the "restrictive" (i.e. not-as-print-happy) monetary system?
    I am aware that they want the EU to subsidize their spending, if they leave the EU that option won't be available.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am aware that they want the EU to subsidize their spending, if they leave the EU that option won't be available.
    Ex-EMU, they will instead have the option of printing lira, which, sure as the pasta is al dente, they will do.

...which, as I said, they many times indicated was a prime reason for wanting to drop the euro in the first place.

The EU was designed to limit money printing. This is part of the "tyranny" that they're complaining about.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ex-EMU, they will instead have the option of printing lira, which, sure as the pasta is al dente, they will do.

...which, as I said, they many times indicated was a prime reason for wanting to drop the euro in the first place.

The EU was designed to limit money printing. This is part of the "tyranny" that they're complaining about.
    There are much more important parts of the tyranny and if they try printing oodles of lira on their own they will quickly learn the hard way not to do that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There are much more important parts of the tyranny
    But you acknowledge that they're seeking to spend and print, be it euros or lira?

And this is not a good thing, despite your love for their anti-immigrant policies?

and if they try printing oodles of lira on their own they will quickly learn the hard way not to do that.
    Perhaps like Germany did in the 20s

But you acknowledge that they're seeking to spend and print, be it euros or lira?

And this is not a good thing, despite your love for their anti-immigrant policies?
    Yes that is what they say they want to do and no it is not good.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment