Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Will Wonder Woman Be a Fat, Femme Woman of Color?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup.

$#@! that guy, won't get a penny of my money.

He'd be one of the first people screaming blue murder if you cast a white man in a role that was clearly written as a black man.

Not only that, but it will totally $#@! up the story line, since a great deal of it revolved around the split personality in Detta Walker, whose hatred of white people, and Roland in particular, was central to her character.
    It's been forever since I've read but I think the words "white bread" and "cracker mutha $#@!er" lit the page for me. I wonder if those terms could be used on the re-imagined Roland?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's been forever since I've read but I think the words "white bread" and "cracker mutha $#@!er" lit the page for me. I wonder if those terms could be used on the re-imagined Roland?
    Honky muthafucka was used repeatedly as well.

Rest assured, when they cast Susanna, she will be portrayed as a white women who hates blacks.

A search revealed her character is not even in the "first" movie.

Yup.
    $#@! that guy, won't get a penny of my money.
    He'd be one of the first people screaming blue murder if you cast a white man in a role that was clearly written as a black man.
    Meh, I tried reading the first book as it was recommended here, couldn't finish it. I found it dull and pointless, I think I got about 2/3rds of the way through before I stopped forcing myself to read it.

That actor is great in the wire though, or course it would have been weird to not cast black guy for that role.

Blarg blarg blarg...you know how many "sleeper" troll counts there are on here?

That said, I'm quite sure I don't care what you think of me...don't like what I post? Don't read it...or do...it's up to you.
    Yup. Ed's got you pegged. You're a cop hater and now a racist. All the while not giving creedance to the many kind acts you and donnay have contributed. The political campaigns but more importantly the personal calls for help you and donnay have answered.
    But, hey AF, you're the $#@!.
    juleswin is a troll rehash so don't give Ed any mind.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honky muthafucka was used repeatedly as well.

Rest assured, when they cast Susanna, she will be portrayed as a white women who hates blacks.

A search revealed her character is not even in the "first" movie.
    "Honkey muthafucker." That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Meh, I tried reading the first book as it was recommended here, couldn't finish it. I found it dull and pointless, I think I got about 2/3rds of the way through before I stopped forcing myself to read it.

That actor is great in the wire though, or course it would have been weird to not cast black guy for that role.
    The second and rest of the series is better...if you want to give it another chance.

Yup. Ed's got you pegged. You're a cop hater and now a racist. All the while not giving creedance to the many kind acts you and donnay have contributed. The political campaigns but more importantly the personal calls for help you and donnay have answered.
    Paranoid and old as well.

Well...I suppose he's right...I am an old fart and paranoid...but then again, it's not paranoia if they really are watching you.

Thanks man.

Where or when did I call AF a cop hater? or a racist? and how did you connect all this to Donnay? Yes, they are a couple but it doesn't follow that just because I have a disagreement with AF, I also have one with Donnay. I have no issues with Donnay, I enjoy just about all her posts that doesn't involve Alex Jones or infowars, I read just about all her "benefits of xxx food" series and I try to incorporate some of it into my diet.

Also, just because he has contributed a lot to this website doesn't shield him from having a disagreement with members like me. I know you want to come to bat for your friend but your logic is not sound. The majority of the things you said in this post are lies or just you projecting what you think about AF on me. I have never called him a racist, what I said is that he brings in race where it doesn't belong, never said he was a cop hater just that he has fetish for cop abuse stories. And lastly, I never involved Donnay in my squabble with AF cos I have the ability to separate the individual person from the couple.

But I know how this is going to go down, you would use the excuse/lie that he is just a troll so there is no need replying to him after he has called you out on your lies. I think this is why you people are incessantly pushing this line that I am a 7 yr troll or sock account. Discredit the person so whenever he starts asking hard questions and calling people out, the people on the other side of it can get out of answering by just claiming that he is a troll. Brilliant plan if it works

Well, call me a troll all you want and I would not stop doing what I am doing now cos I AM NOT A TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    When are they going to make War Machine, Black Panther, Luke Cage or Blade a white guy with dad bod? How about making Storm an overweight white chick?

Because it's $#@!ing stupid. WW is a caucasian with dark hair (I better not see a $#@!ing blonde WW). She just is. Don't like it? Create your own damn lame ass super hero but don't culturally appropriate mine. I'm not sure if that's cultural appropriation but I'm triggered and I'm not sure what to call it.
    /thread

But, of course, we know why they don't. Nobody buys lame comic books. Besides, creating lame comic books is, like, work, and creative, and actually produces something.

Much easier to rant on a keyboard, and see who cuts off a chunk of cheese and consumes their whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    already done

@asgardshill...where'd that guy go?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I have never called him a racist, what I said is that he brings in race where it doesn't belong
    How does "race" not belong, when the author of the OP made sure her entire article was about race and gender?

(And let's be clear, there is no "race", people are all Hom o sapiens sapiens, one human race of modern man, but we have "breeds" with wildly varying differences. To try and ignore that is like trying to convince me that there is no difference between a dachshund and St. Bernard.)

never said he was a cop hater just that he has fetish for cop abuse stories.
    Wow, I used to think you were some paranoid old man with a fetish for cop abuse stories but I really think you have bigger issues than my original thoughts about you.
    No, you phrased the comment in a very clever fashion, damning with faint praise, so you could have plausible deniability when somebody called you out on it.

It's obvious from your comment that, upon reconsideration, you found me to be, not just a mildly obsessed, paranoid old man, but perhaps suffering from even larger issues of mental instability.

Dangerous accusations in this day and age, pal.

But, regardless, that's a side issue, the point is; this, along with every other "serious" question or point of debate you pose, has already been thrashed out a 1000 times or more on this board. That's why I view your behavior as "trollish", anybody who has been here for as long as you claim to have been, would know that. So why in the world would I want to waste time going over all of it again? I've explained, very clearly, why I am posting these stories now, and not instead of every day for the past ten years. Other than that, my position has remained mostly unchanged...do I need to post a hundred bullet points of that?

But I know how this is going to go down, you would use the excuse/lie that he is just a troll so there is no need replying to him after he has called you out on your lies. I think this is why you people are incessantly pushing this line that I am a 7 yr troll or sock account. Discredit the person so whenever he starts asking hard questions and calling people out, the people on the other side of it can get out of answering by just claiming that he is a troll. Brilliant plan if it works

Well, call me a troll all you want and I would not stop doing what I am doing now cos I AM NOT A TROLL
    You're not who you say you are, I'm quite sure of that.

Other than that, do what you want...I'm not responding to you because, as I stated before, all the "hard questions" and "calling out" has already been done...a million times or more.

I have no desire to re-hash it all.

When Will Wonder Woman Be a Fat, Femme Woman of Color?
    well, it just wouldn't be the same, would it?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does "race" not belong, when the author of the OP made sure her entire article was about race and gender?

(And let's be clear, there is no "race", people are all Hom o sapiens sapiens, one human race of modern man, but we have "breeds" with wildly varying differences. To try and ignore that is like trying to convince me that there is no difference between a dachshund and St. Bernard.)
    Ofc, you know full well that I am not talking about this thread when I said that "you brought in race where it did not belong". That quote is in connection to the transgender thread where there was no race discussion by any of the participants in the story. But that did not stop you from attempting to force race into the discussion. But, I have no issues with people posting race based threads, I generally try to avoid them cos they depress the hell out of me. My issue is only when you try to create a race story where it doesn't belong.

Also, why are you trying to convince me that human race/breed exists when I have never argued against it? So yea, I agree that whatever we all see as race now exists. At least its one thing we can say we agree on

No, you phrased the comment in a very clever fashion, damning with faint praise, so you could have plausible deniability when somebody called you out on it.

It's obvious from your comment that, upon reconsideration, you found me to be, not just a mildly obsessed, paranoid old man, but perhaps suffering from even larger issues of mental instability.
    Mildly obsessed with cops? Well, I think you are too obsessed with cops abuse stories. Mildly is you putting it a bit mildly . Paranoid? well to be fair, there is nobody more paranoid than me on this site. I think TPTB control every politician and opposition media (read Alex Jones, wearechange, Stefan Molyneux, Rebel media etc etc), most terrorist attacks are false flag etc etc. Really there is nobody truly more paranoid than me. Old man? you have called yourself an old man several times before and heck, i'll be lucky get to be called an old man who is still with it. When you actually look at all those insults individually, they don't look so bad. The problem is the way it is put together. Except for the mental instability part which wasn't exactly what I was going for but anyone who looks at my history of posting on this site and thinks that I am a sock account or troll needs to get their head examined. So depending on your POV, those so called insults could be seen as me heaping praise on you

Dangerous accusations in this day and age, pal.
    Says the guy who first tried to ruin my online reputation by trying to accusing me of being a sock account. But don't worry, your reputation is very good on this forum that any backlash from this squabble will leave a lasting mark on me and not you.

But, regardless, that's a side issue, the point is; this, along with every other "serious" question or point of debate you pose, has already been thrashed out a 1000 times or more on this board. That's why I view your behavior as "trollish", anybody who has been here for as long as you claim to have been, would know that(?). So why in the world would I want to waste time going over all of it again? I've explained, very clearly, why I am posting these stories now, and not instead of every day for the past ten years. Other than that, my position has remained mostly unchanged...do I need to post a hundred bullet points of that?
    You speak in vague terms, first of all, I thought the side issue of you bringing race into discussions where they don't belong was the main issue. Also how do you know that any serious issue or point of debate I bring up on this forum has already been hashed out 1000x? are you psychic? Even on issues that we've talked a million times, there are going to be slight difference in the newer stories as they come that any debate point might be different with different situations.

You explained to me why you are going after these stories for the first time ever(you did not really need to do that). I never asked you to explain yourself and I have never asked you to explain it again. You said something about fighting SJW race war fire with anti SJW race war fire. The only problem with that if you are not careful, you just turn into the mirror opposite of that which you fight.

You're not who you say you are, I'm quite sure of that.

Other than that, do what you want...I'm not responding to you because, as I stated before, all the "hard questions" and "calling out" has already been done...a million times or more.

I have no desire to re-hash it all.
    This is the part that worries me the most and that is the fact you still think I am faking my persona. Secondly that you people who are now pushing the idea that juleswin is a troll will succeed to ruin my reputation even further on this site to the point where other would ignore me when I come with a retort by claiming that I am a troll and as we know it, one should not feed the troll.

Get a room you two, and bring a couple fat femme women of color.
    "The Patriarch"

Last time I looked when I was buying paint for my house, white is also a color.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Last time I looked when I was buying paint for my house, white is also a color.
    White is all the colors.

Don't try that with house paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

White is all the colors.

Don't try that with house paint.
    LOL

That's a gray area....
    https://physics.stackexchange.com/qu...stead-of-white
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 06-12-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nobody buys lame comic books.
    Marvel recently cancelled a slew of "diversity" inspired comic book lines because they weren't selling well enough:

Marvel Exec Backpedals After Suggesting Diversity to Blame for Comic Book Sales Slump
    http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/mar...mp-1202021440/

After being praised for its promotion of diversity, a Marvel executive suggested this weekend that the publishing company’s newest superheroes may have caused a slump in comic book sales.

Last week, while at the Marvel Retailer Summit, Marvel’s senior vice president of print, sales, and marketing, David Gabriel, created an uproar after implying that the addition of racially diverse and female characters could have led to a sales decline. [...]

Marvel Comics Cancels Black Lives Matter-Themed 'Black Panther' Due to Poor Sales
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...ics-dont-sell/

[...] The cancellation of Black Panther & The Crew comes shortly after a Marvel executive noted during an industry event that comics focused specifically on featuring diverse characters are not selling well. [...]

What Marvel cancelling Nighthawk means for superheroes of color
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...roes-of-color/

[...] Marvel confirmed last month that it had canceled Nighthawk, a dark and gritty Chicago-based series that featured a black man in a mask taking on everything from police corruption to gentrification and racism. Four issues of Nighthawk have been published to date, and two issues remain before the series ends.

[...] Nighthawk should have been a slam dunk in terms of satisfying the demands for diversity in comics that have sprang up on social media. [...]

[Hey, here's an idea - instead of working to satisfy the demands of people who bitch on the Internet, how about working to satisfy the demands of people who, you know, actually buy and read comic books?!?! - OB]

I suspect the problem is not so much with female superheroes or superheroes "of color" as such, but with the fact that such superheroes are being cranked out just for the sake of touting "diversity." If Marvel had told stories with these characters that were actually interesting and compelling (instead of merely trying to satisfy the agenda of vocal "activists"), then they might not have had to cancel them ...

(I mean, come on. What kind of comic book villiain is "gentrification," anyway ... ? )
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-12-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I suspect the problem is not so much with female superheroes or superheroes "of color" as such, but with the fact that such superheroes are being cranked out just for the sake of touting "diversity." If Marvel had told stories with these characters that were actually interesting and compelling (instead of merely trying to satisfy the agenda of vocal "activists"), then they might not have had to cancel them ... (I mean, come on. What kind of comic book villiain is "gentrification," anyway ... ?)
    I recall reading an interview with Gabriel (I think it was last year sometime) saying they were canceling them because people just didn't want female/minority superheroes.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I recall reading an interview with Gabriel (I think it was last year sometime) saying they were canceling them because people just didn't want female/minority superheroes.
    Yes. The problem is Marvel's production of pedestrian, agenda-driven characters and stories.

But he's trying to shift the blame onto Marvel's ostensibly bigoted readers.

The reason readers don't want what Marvel is/was peddling is that those female/minority characters are stereotypically involved in stories that are driven by "social justice" activism (rather than in good, exciting stories with heroes and villains that are cool and interesting in their own right).

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Yes. The problem is Marvel's production of pedestrian, agenda-driven characters and stories.

But he's trying to shift the blame onto Marvel's ostensibly bigoted readers.

The reason readers don't want what Marvel is/was peddling is that those female/minority characters are stereotypically involved in stories that are driven by "social justice" activism (rather than in good, exciting stories with heroes and villains that are cool and interesting in their own right).
    Exactly.

To be fair, I'm partial to the characters I grew up reading and haven't bought anything (aside from a Daredevil with Typhoid Mary's 1st appearance. I couldn't resist, she's pretty damn crazy.) that didn't have WW in it as an adult.

Is anyone actually aware that the main actress, Gal Gadot, is Israeli, NOT American?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    well, it just wouldn't be the same, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Is anyone actually aware that the main actress, Gal Gadot, is Israeli, NOT American?
    Yeah, I thought that done for more "global" reach.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Yeah, I thought that done for more "global" reach.
    Yeah. I dunno how or why they picked her but she's pretty. I didn't care for her costume, though.

I'm just glad they didn't pick a blonde.

Reminded me of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Also, why are you trying to convince me that human race/breed exists when I have never argued against it? So yea, I agree that whatever we all see as race now exists. At least its one thing we can say we agree on
    Just pointing it out for other readers, that's all.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flop.

Of course, no reviewer will touch the casting $#@! up, but, there it is.

The Dark Tower review – interminable Stephen King adaptation a uniquely flavorless slog

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...lavorless-slog

Flop.

Of course, no reviewer will touch the casting $#@! up, but, there it is.

The Dark Tower review – interminable Stephen King adaptation a uniquely flavorless slog

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...lavorless-slog
    Maybe it is because it wasn't the casting or rather the colour of one of actors in the movie that got it the bad reviews. Maybe just maybe, it could have been he fact that they tried to fit a plot dense novels into a 90 minute runtime. Not having watched the movie, you also know that it couldn't have been the script, the directing or anything else that could affect the outcome of the movie, it had to be race of the protagonist and I can only imagine the rage you felt this morning after searching and searching for a movie critic who confirmed your bias that it was the casting of Alba and him alone ruined the movie for you.

Well, just know that there are loads of article of "uppity" women "whinning" about the fact that there aren't enough hardworking, responsible, fit men to date you can post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast