Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the worst $#@!hole you have ever spent time in ?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    LOL I seem to remember San Diego being nice, but I was only 12 when I visited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well , San Francisco , LA and Sacramento and others should make the cut .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How do we define "$#@!hole"? Most dangerous? Dirtiest? Most garbage? Lack of sanitation? Raw sewage? Least modern? Most polution?
    Seems they are normally high population and or leftist strongholds as well .....

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's 5.
    Port Awful was an "Honorable Mention".

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems they are normally high population and or leftist strongholds as well .....
    Pretty sure the amount of federal tax dollars allocated by county would mirror the demographic too..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Mauritania.
    Yes , place of savages and slavers. Any berber desert place will be a $#@!hole .

Yes , place of savages and slavers. Any berber desert place will be a $#@!hole .

The berbers in eastern Morocco just grow lots and lots of weed.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Oakland stands out, but it's a big state and there's plenty of $#@! to spread around there. In more ways than one if you get my drift.
    "The Patriarch"

Gary and Chicago.

Some city in New Jersey that I was passing through years ago… I think it was Newark?

Overseas, Jakarta comes to mind. Cairo was also really bad, apart from the interesting things to see like the pyramids.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-15-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Some city in New Jersey that I was passing through years ago… I think it was Newark?

Overseas, Jakarta comes to mind. Cairo was also really bad, apart from the interesting things to see like the pyramids.
    Yes , Newark and Cairo certainly . I was thinking of making Jakarta one of my banking centers if I could take over the world and putting Danke there to oversee operations .

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    East LA... was jus' passing thru at night... was pretty sure I didn't want to stop for a beer or gas.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    East LA... was jus' passing thru at night... was pretty sure I didn't want to stop for a beer or gas.
    I have only drank beer there in the daylight .

I'd say about 96-98% of California by geographic area is definitely not a $#@!hole.

Cattle ranches on the coast:

Happiest god damn cows in the world.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wasn't San Diego in the news recently, due to them having a hepatitis outbreak because people were $#@!ting in the streets? That seems to be the literal definition of "$#@!hole"

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Wasn't San Diego in the news recently, due to them having a hepatitis outbreak because people were $#@!ting in the streets? That seems to be the literal definition of "$#@!hole"
    That was in downtown San Diego, the city is hit and miss.. San Diego County is beautiful. Especially La Jolla, and everything to the north (before you get to Oceanside).

Last edited by dannno; 01-15-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That was in downtown San Diego, the city is hit and miss..
    So you agree, San Diego is in fact a $#@!hole.

Eastern Sierras, California.. Not a $#@!hole

Parts of the city are, but Coronado certainly is not and it has it's own island (sorta)

San Diego County is very big and has fantastic weather, almost no crime to speak of in most areas especially to the north and is very clean in most areas. Plenty of (relatively) good schools.

North county is a great place to raise a kid or something if you like suburbia, but I don't choose to live there anymore cause I don't like overcrowded suburbia.

Looks like this in some places for many, many miles inland..

Not dirty, just not my kinda town anymore. Some of the coastal towns used to be really cool.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-15-2018 at 02:15 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think part of the confusion might be that you are used to the east coast or something.

County of San Diego. San Diego County covers an area of 4,526 square miles making it larger than Delaware or Rhode Island and 82% the size of the state of Connecticut. With a 2010 population of 3,095,313, it is the fifth most-populous county in the United States
    So, it's bigger than some states on the east coast..

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think part of the confusion might be that you are used to the east coast or something.
    So, it's bigger than some states on the east coast..
    I agree, its just the places where people live that are $#@!holes.

I agree, its just the places where people live that are $#@!holes.
    Cities tend to be like that....

They may be nice for a while but inevitably they all go sour...

They may be nice for a while but inevitably they all go sour...
    Nimrods. little Nimrods everywhere.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/a...ers-astounded/

Africans respond to Trump's alleged comments. Sorry if it was already posted.
    >_<

A $#@!hole's basically anywhere with too many people, because people mean lots of $#@! right? I wonder what Trump thinks of NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/a...ers-astounded/

Africans respond to Trump's alleged comments. Sorry if it was already posted.
    That is interesting. Thanks for posting.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

... and then, in the literal sense... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-!ting-streets

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes , Newark and Cairo certainly . I was thinking of making Jakarta one of my banking centers if I could take over the world and putting Danke there to oversee operations .
    Haha. My family lived there for a year when I was nine years old. One of the memories I have is seeing people squatting on the side of the road going to the bathroom right out in public. That was a long time ago… I haven't been back there although I did visit another part of Indonesia in 2005, for a missions trip.

IIRC, that article was talking about a small part of downtown where the homeless hang out. As Danno said, San Diego County is a big area with lots of towns, and overall it's a great place. Perfect weather, clean, close to the beach, normal people, definitely not a $#@!hole.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I passed thru Cleveland a couple of times back in the 80's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast