Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump to change Air Force One livery

Exclamation Trump to change Air Force One livery

Well, can't say as I am in favor of this, not only due to the cost, but the fact that Raymond Loewy was a fricking genius and his work ought not be $#@!ed with.

@acptulsa

Trump Requests Patriotic Makeover for Air Force One

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ce-one-design/

12 Jul 2018

President Trump is requesting Air Force One undergo an external makeover so it will look “more American,” according to a report published Thursday.

Axios reported Thursday that Trump wants to replace what he describes as the “Jackie Kennedy” blue trim of the current Air Force One plane with a paint job that shows the red, white, and blue colors of the American flag.

According to the report, Trump met with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg in the Oval Office in February, finalizing an “informal deal” to purchase two 747s for $4 billion to replace the aging fleet.

The White House announced the deal would save taxpayers $1.4 billion, as the cost will be a reduction from the initial $5 billion estimate for the new planes.

Air Force One’s current color scheme dates back to the 1960s, when President John F. Kennedy and first lady Jackie Kennedy commissioned industrial designer Raymond Loewy to redesign the plane.

He changed the plane’s orange color scheme and the words “MILITARY AIR TRANSPORT SERVICE” to its current design, featuring a light blue trim and the words “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.” Air Force One’s current design has been in place for more than 55 years.

The president also reportedly requested the presidential bed on the new plane receive an upgrade from its couch-like sleeping quarters to a more comfortable arrangement.

Though Trump is commissioning the changes, he may not see them unless he is re-elected. Axios reported the two Boeing 747s are unlikely to be ready for presidential transport before January 20, 2021—the end of Trump’s first term in office.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    New paint job for Air Force One:

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I am a sailor, a train nerd, a pilot, a biker and a gearhead...Loewy touched all these worlds.

Just a few of the thousands of iconic and beautiful Loewy designs...

His designs even went into space, on mankind's very first manned space station:

As long as there is, or must be, a 747 tax tractor, keep it in the Loewy livery please.

Because the memes have already started...

[IMG]https://********************************/2018/07/air-force-one-remodel.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop= 1[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, can't say as I am in favor of this, not only due to the cost, but the fact that Raymond Loewy was a fricking genius and his work ought not be $#@!ed with.
    Agreed. BUt I think we can take comfort in the fact that Obama didn't choose the artist to to a redesign.

Here is the first one. Something based off of this would look pretty good IMO.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 07-12-2018 at 08:46 PM.

If it is going to change they should make it look like a giant Bald Eagle.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I have an airplane like that, an N3N3
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because the memes have already started...

Luckily these are relatively peace times. Can anyone imagine how Trump would have conducted himself differently than Bush in terms of patriotic actions if he was POTUS in 2003?

He probably would have made even more patriotic imagery than Bush who had air force experience.

On a different note, both support Patriot Act.

Potentially Un-Related

Trump's SCOTUS choice ignores the 4th Amendment

The one in the photo is a real Army plane . You know , back in the day when they were real soldiers .
    Do something Danke

The proposed new paint job:

According to the report, Trump met with Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg in the Oval Office in February, finalizing an “informal deal” to purchase two 747s for $4 billion to replace the aging fleet.

The White House announced the deal would save taxpayers $1.4 billion, as the cost will be a reduction from the initial $5 billion estimate for the new planes.
    Only $2 billion a plane. And that claimed $1 billion in savings? He used "department store math." It was originally $3.9 billion, then he said it would be $5 billion and now back down to $4 billion. "See, I saved you $1 billion!"

The White House is touting this $3.9 billion deal as providing savings of more than $1 billion, an example of Trump's deal-making skills. But the fine print shows a more complicated story. The new Air Force One project was estimated at $4 billion in December 2016.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/polit...ump/index.html

Planes aren't currently scheduled to be finished until 2024 though Trump wants them by 2021 so he may get the chance to ride in one (assuming he gets re-elected).

The President repeatedly asked in the meeting how soon the plane could be ready, two officials said, and was fixated on a time frame of at least 2021. It remains an open question whether the Air Force can complete its testing and modifications by then. It wasn't scheduled to be ready until at least 2024.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-13-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's close enough to MAGA.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If it is going to change they should make it look like a giant Bald Eagle.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The only thing the article discusses is a new paint job and a bed change? There's a reason for an upgrade!

Although if the rumors are true Trump will also want some waterproof sheets on the bedding.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ummm...may I come and visit please?

Ummm...may I come and visit please?

I'll let you fly it solo, just need to up my insurance policy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I'll let you fly it solo, just need to up my insurance policy.
    I'll be riding my motorcycle...

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'll be riding my motorcycle...

Put HB in the front seat.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It should be covered in corporate sponsorship stickers.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Agreed. BUt I think we can take comfort in the fact that Obama didn't choose the artist to to a redesign.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

Needs a pack of Skittles painted on it.

I was hoping @acptulsa would check in on this thread.

$2B for a friggin' 747?!!! Good aircraft,but not quite that good.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Valid point...it would have looked like a giant penis.

Oh, I don't know that every Loewy design should be treated as sacred. But there were some very good ones...

...and the Air Force One paint job is one of them. I sincerely doubt anyone is going to come up with anything better. But, you know, Trump has been known for decades to prefer ostentatiousness to good design

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It should be covered in corporate sponsorship stickers.
    Yeah, except sponsors trade goods for publicity. Trump's brib--er, I mean contributors trade money for contracts worth much more money. Giving free goods is not on their agenda, and neither is publicity.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Financially speaking there is no better time to consider a redesign/paint scheme than before the new jets are built.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast