Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we have any Rastafarians here?

Do we have any Rastafarians here?

It would be great to here from you. Or alcoholics.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been stoned for like 11 or 12 years now, does that count?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    We've noticed.

BTW, interesting tidbit, Bob Marley, prior to his death, repented and converted to Ethiopian Orthodox. Thought some might find that interesting.
    Last edited by TER; 09-18-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    BTW, interesting tidbit, Bob Marley, prior to his death, repented and converted to Ethiopian Orthodox. Thought some might find that interesting.
    I knew that, but it is a very interesting tidbit. Btw, for those that do not know, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is part of Oriental Orthodoxy and has been established in Ethiopia since the 4th century.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This song will stick in your head

Does that mean he...stopped smoking ganja?!

I think we've just pieced together the mystery of exactly what killed him.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

You may be right, radical life changes sometimes backfire.
    "The Patriarch"

I guess it depends on ones definition of a alcoholic. Does sniffing bottle caps count?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

Haha

I think he already had had cancer for years before that. IIRC he rejected treatment for cancer from his doctors and the cancer spread to his whole body from his toe.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I knew that, but it is a very interesting tidbit. Btw, for those that do not know, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is part of Oriental Orthodoxy and has been established in Ethiopia since the 4th century.
    Indeed, Haile Selassie I, whom the Rastafarians mistakenly believed to be the Messiah, was an Ethiopian Orthodox all of his life. In fact, he sent an Archbishop of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to found a church in Jamaica and preach the true Messiah, Jesus Christ, and to stop their mistaken beliefs. Jamaica will become Orthodox in a generation or two, just as many Central America nations are fast becoming Orthodox. This may yet be the Century of Orthodoxy in America, and all praise and glory goes to our merciful and loving God Who gives us the reassurance and the hope of our salvation. Not only in time and in the created world, but in divine communion within Him and in the Kingdom of God! Glory to God for all things!!!
    +

Indeed, Haile Selassie I, whom the Rastafarians mistakenly believed to be the Messiah, was an Ethiopian Orthodox all of his life. In fact, he sent an Archbishop of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to found a church in Jamaica and preach the true Messiah, Jesus Christ, and to stop their mistaken beliefs. Jamaica will become Orthodox in a generation or two, just as many Central America nations are fast becoming Orthodox. This may yet be the Century of Orthodoxy in America, and all praise and glory goes to our merciful and loving God Who gives us the reassurance and the hope of our salvation. Not only in time and in the created world, but in divine communion within Him and in the Kingdom of God! Glory to God for all things!!!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TER again :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Indeed, Haile Selassie I, whom the Rastafarians mistakenly believed to be the Messiah, was an Ethiopian Orthodox all of his life. In fact, he sent an Archbishop of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to found a church in Jamaica and preach the true Messiah, Jesus Christ, and to stop their mistaken beliefs. Jamaica will become Orthodox in a generation or two
    Sounds like a better reason to drop the whole Rastafarian thing than to convert to Ethiopian Orthodox.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

woot! Hopefully I can hang out in heaven with Bob!

Much like Malcolm X, before he died, became an actual Muslim. Religions based on false prophets don't last, and sometimes the biggest spokesman recants.

I find it interesting with dreads and ganja in the fact that yogic sadhus came from India to work in Jamaica and brought both. It shows how different religions can influence each other and evolve.

Before there was Bob Marley, there was Joe Higgs:

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Found this video. It is the Bishop who was sent by Haile Selassie and the Ethiopian Orthodox Patriarchate in 1972 to Jamaica.

Last edited by TER; 04-09-2014 at 11:56 PM.
    +

+

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's go, smokes.

35 year anniversary of Bob Marley's death.

May his memory be eternal.

http://orthodoxhistory.org/2016/05/1...marleys-death/

+

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I believe it is where The Ark of the Covenant is located .

I also had a dread one time.

I hope to try weed someday. Maybe when the Federal Government makes it legal I'll try it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I seem to remember some Pastafarians chime in on the last FSM thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast