Thread: Marijuana Business "Merit System" Examples?

Marijuana Business "Merit System" Examples?

Does anyone have any examples of good and bad merit criteria for marijuana businesses from cities where it's legalized? Here is what my city is proposing for it's marijuana licenses:

http://cms6.revize.com/revize/berkle...20%20Draft.pdf

My city has adopted it's licensing and zoning ordinances for MJ businesses. But the last part of the licensing ordinance is for Council to adopt a scoring system through resolution. In my opinion it has ex post facto problems and a number of irrelevant subjective criteria that will just be used by applicants to game the system (the city is only allowing 3 licenses).
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently those opposed want more roadblocks and hindrance to the Market.

There seems no logical purpose unless There are Ranking for other Business start ups..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

They passed the criteria scorecard. The city will be able to accept adult-use store applications in the next month.

http://www.berkleymich.org/departmen...02.04.2020.pdf

The criteria basically makes it impossible for a current business owner in the city to open a dispensary on their current property unless they buy adjacent lots. So this criteria makes it difficult to open in any location even though the zoning ordinance allows the use by right. I'm guessing the city will get sued by denied applicants over this. We'll see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    They passed the criteria scorecard.
    That seriously sucks..

That will drive prices up more than the excessive tax would. and I expect it is the same or similar that is causing Price Problems in California... It sounds very Californian..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Exactly. Lots of unintended consequences. It's a small town but the city is only issuing 3 licenses too.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    unintended consequences
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his