Thread: War is a Racket! by Smedley Butler

War is a Racket! by Smedley Butler

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the greatest books ever written. I first heard about Gen. Butler, in Marine boot camp. They left out the part about him being a hero.

Paging AF...he must be offline...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

AF is Smedleys great nephew, right?

Quote Originally Posted by monte View Post
    Something like that...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Paging AF...he must be offline...
    Quote Originally Posted by monte View Post
    Something like that...
    Yup.

Was staying out of the thread so as not to appear braggadocios. :collins:
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Classic and epic speech. Still drives the warhawks nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Brought up Smedley Butler with a guy who was talking about the military. Didn't know it at first, but it turned out his son was going on his third tour of duty. Some people get pretty emotional about their wars...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

War is a Racket! by Smedley Butler

A highly profitable racket for the diplomatic immune crowd!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Brought up Smedley Butler with a guy who was talking about the military. Didn't know it at first, but it turned out his son was going on his third tour of duty. Some people get pretty emotional about their wars...
    Well , I feel for his son , if that is from one enlistment ( and it is possible ) .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I feel for his son , if that is from one enlistment ( and it is possible ) .
    Yeah, I kind of said that, but once he thought I was "anti-war", it was all eggshells.