Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed: $2K/month, No Rent, & No Mortgage for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I canceled a contract on a tenant occupied property I was purchasing because I was worried I wouldn't get paid or be able to get them out.
    Smart move, in the neighboring county here in CA its near impossible to evict. You have to go through an arduous process of just cause etc... often times it's not worth the hassle. Although here in CA they have implemented or close to it going to mandate you accept section eight. So, there you have it. If you have an obnoxious renter who also is section eight good luck trying to evict while other renters voluntarily leave.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 04-21-2020 at 06:52 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Yes, the NYT is fake news. Probably the fakest news in the world.

You should watch the press conferences instead, you would be much more well informed that way. Their propaganda is contingent on people not watching the press conferences.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Smart move, in the neighboring county here in CA its near impossible to evict. You have to go through an arduous process of just cause etc... often times it's not worth the hassle. Although here in CA they have implemented or close to it going to mandate you accept section eight. So, there you have it. If you have an obnoxious renter who also is section eight good luck trying to evict while other renters voluntarily leave.
    This would be in FL. Yep, the seller just dropped the asking price online to below my offer price after I canceled. Probably thinking the same as me. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the risk of a lowball offer and hope the renter leaves. I might save 10% off my previous offer or get stuck with a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Sounds like a wash to me the 2K would replace the 2k in rent I wont be collecting . Why don't we just open everything back up ?
    You'll be fine, in fact you can expand. Governments got your back...

It would establish a relief fund for landlords and mortgage holders to cover losses
    It would create an optional fund to finance the purchase of private rental properties to increase the availability of affordable housing.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yes, the NYT is fake news. Probably the fakest news in the world.

You should watch the press conferences instead, you would be much more well informed that way. Their propaganda is contingent on people not watching the press conferences.
    OK: Around the 40 second mark.

https://www.fox46charlotte.com/video/666866
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

OK: Around the 40 second mark.

https://www.fox46charlotte.com/video/666866
    I've watched every single press conference. Yes they are working on a vaccine. Trump is not really promoting a vaccine though, because for one thing it could take too long. For another thing a lot of his supporters don't like them. But some people want it, so of course they are researching it. Trump is promoting therapeutics.

If you want to be informed, you should watch the press conferences too. If you want to continue to be misinformed, keep reading the bull$#@! fake news.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-21-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've watched every single press conference. Yes they are working on a vaccine. Trump is not really promoting a vaccine though, because for one thing it could take too long. For another thing a lot of his supporters don't like them. But some people want it, so of course they are researching it. Trump is promoting therapeutics.

If you want to be informed, you should watch the press conferences too. If you want to continue to be misinformed, keep reading the bull$#@! fake news.
    Looked like a press conference to me, His words not mine...or are you saying Trumps words are fake news?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Looked like a press conference to me, His words not mine...or are you saying Trumps words are fake news?
    Did what he said contradict anything I said? No. Plus I added context. The fake news is turning you into fake news.

The fake news media is the enemy of the people. Don't be the enemy of the people.

Did what he said contradict anything I said? No. Plus I added context. The fake news is turning you into fake news.

The fake news media is the enemy of the people. Don't be the enemy of the people.
    Why the personal attacks Bro? I'm just pointing out Trump in a press conference pimping the funding and extolling Great work being done on vaccines. Anyone can watch the short video and see for themselves. Peace out.
    On Trump:

Why the personal attacks Bro? I'm just pointing out Trump in a press conference pimping the funding and extolling Great work being done on vaccines. Anyone can watch the short video and see for themselves. Peace out.
    Or you can watch the press conferences in full and find out that is complete bull$#@!. Again, what did Trump say that contradicted my statement? Some people want vaccines, so Trump is saying the are working on them. If you watch the press conferences in full, you know he isn't that excited about pushing for a vaccine that might not be available for a year or two and a lot of people in this country don't want a vaccine. He is pushing therapeutics, including a very cheap drug that is no longer patented and available now. The Democrats are pushing an expensive pill that is patented and vaccines. Which do you prefer?

I'm only attacking you because you are promoting mainstream media garbage, you aren't helping people at achieving a greater understanding of the situation that way. In fact, you are misinforming.

It didn't take long with Ron Paul running for President for me to figure out the mainstream media was the enemy of the people. What is taking you so long?
    Last edited by dannno; 04-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Words aren't enough

On Trump:

The mainstream media played clips of Trump over and over saying "They're fine people" and telling people that he was talking about nazis and white supremacists. If you go back to the transcript, you will see that he did the opposite - he condemned the white supremacists and the nazis and said that the people who were just there to protest the statue removal and had nothing to do with that group were fine people.

Trump often uses colorful language and it is easy to play short clips and fool people into thinking he said one thing when that had nothing to do with what he was talking about.

Don't fall for fake news garbage.

You can't even tell me what Trump said that contradicted my statement.

Promoting mainstream media bull$#@! as truth is not productive.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    This would be in FL. Yep, the seller just dropped the asking price online to below my offer price after I canceled. Probably thinking the same as me. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the risk of a lowball offer and hope the renter leaves. I might save 10% off my previous offer or get stuck with a problem.
    A problem, as I see what's happening here expanding to other metros. Depends on what your willing to deal with how much headache you want.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

hydroxychloroquine + zpack + zinc for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So the incentive is for teenagers and young adults to not work and instead take their $2k per month. Young people will not get experience, and it will be hard to find entry level employees. That will be great for the economy. And the bonus is that it will keep a generation of Americans helpless and dependent.
    Wouldn't they still get the 2K even if they worked though (ie. by working they'd get even more than 2K per month?) To be clear I'm not advocating this, I think its fiscally irresponsible, I'm just not seeing (maybe I missed it) a "you only get this if you aren't working" clause.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    Wouldn't they still get the 2K even if they worked though (ie. by working they'd get even more than 2K per month?) To be clear I'm not advocating this, I think its fiscally irresponsible, I'm just not seeing (maybe I missed it) a "you only get this if you aren't working" clause.
    Not sure what the details are. But it did say this was in addition to anything else, so it could be UI + $2k UBI.

And the thing is, there is no equivalence of free money vs. earned money. $3k free <> $3k earned. It’s not like someone would say “I can earn $3.2k, so I will work instead of getting $3k free.

The earned vs. free incentive is more like 2 to 1. In other words, someone wouldn't work unless they were making twice as much as the free money. I’ve seen this in practice many times.

This is why welfare and other payments are so insidious and destructive.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    hydroxychloroquine + zpack + zinc for the win!
    The evening news said that not only does that not work, it results in more deaths than standard treatments. And they called it “Trump’s touted” cure.

The media is evil.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The evening news said that not only does that not work, it results in more deaths than standard treatments. And they called it “Trump’s touted” cure.

The media is evil.
    The same media so called doctors said "Tea nor garlic wont be enough for virus and the same the trash media claiming that farting can make you have the virus

If thats not the most stupidest thing i had heard all of this year i dont what is.

I like how people think that the giant explosion in welfare is radically different than what existed before.

It's different, yes, but not by much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12