Thread: How your credit score can be used to make you a 2nd class citizen

Lightbulb How your credit score can be used to make you a 2nd class citizen

Excellent article explaining how one's credit score can easily be migrated into "social credit"

The Chinese Communist government has perfected the model as it describe's each citizen's loyalty to the party:

https://www.wired.com/story/age-of-social-credit/
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thankfully I am old , retired and my credit score is so good I wont have to socialize with the unwashed masses

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thankfully I am old , retired and my credit score is so good I wont have to socialize with the unwashed masses
    +rep

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Excellent article explaining how one's credit score can easily be migrated into "social credit"

The Chinese Communist government has perfected the model as it describe's each citizen's loyalty to the party:

https://www.wired.com/story/age-of-social-credit/
    +rep

I am trying to wake people up to the "soft authoritarian" culture the article mentions. However, even a soft authoritarian is still authoritarian. Very good read, thanks for posting.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I skimmed through the article and I have no issues with it. I prefer this to having a family member hooking someone up (nepotism). If I surround myself with good people I should reap the benefits (cronyism). Seriously what's wrong with following the rules, paying your bills, and being a productive member of society? Am I missing something? Good behavior should be rewarded right?

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    I skimmed through the article and I have no issues with it. I prefer this to having a family member hooking someone up (nepotism). If I surround myself with good people I should reap the benefits (cronyism). Seriously what's wrong with following the rules, paying your bills, and being a productive member of society? Am I missing something? Good behavior should be rewarded right?
    When they deem who is best to associate with, what purchases provide better points, how and if you obey the law to the letter mind you, we will have problems. All this and more which im sure will all be state sponsored associates (your friends) to determine your party loyalty, etc...

I'm working on the getting old part. I'm in my 30s and have never had a credit card. I never understood the idea of spending money I haven't got, but I guess that philosophy would destroy the economy if enough people espoused it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    as a Prohibited Person.. Second Class would be an upgrade.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    When they deem who is best to associate with, what purchases provide better points, how and if you obey the law to the letter mind you, we will have problems. All this and more which im sure will all be state sponsored associates (your friends) to determine your party loyalty, etc...
    I will adapt my behavior to increase my credit/social score. If I have a set of guidelines that only helps me increase my score and improve my quality of life.

This will be behavior modification through obsolescence and extinction of lifestyle choices.