Thread: WHY NO RAGE Libertarians??!

WHY NO RAGE Libertarians??!

A really different and sensible viewpoint on the issue from Patrick Smith.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Enjoyed that...made some valid points and summed up my thoughts:

The enemy of my enemy can still be my enemy.

Put another way: when forced to make a choice between commies and cops, I'm not sure who to hate more.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

He mentioned Eric July. If you are not following him on twitter you should be.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Counter point: Devil's advocate

Isn't this the same argument the left uses when they say it's OK to punch a Nazi? Libertarian's traditionally are not ones to initiate violence. Is holding a speaker and being hit in the forehead (lethal force target area) not serious violence?

Do people really believe the concept of the poem "FIRST THEY CAME"?

First they came for the Communists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Communist

Was Neimoller wrong?

I personally have a difficult time feeling sorry for people who want to take all my rights away by use of government force having that irony befall them.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Put another way: when forced to make a choice between commies and cops, I'm not sure who to hate more.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Uncontrolled rage is destructive. It eats the soul and gnaws the conscience. Under the influence of uncontrolled rage, people do a lot of things they wouldn’t normally do, and they can’t undo it.

I really do not want events around me to control who I am and what I do.

Do I have an opinion? Sure. Do I scream and break things? Not a bit.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-23-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Bump

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

My thoughts on the situation going on in Portland.

I have no sympathy for these Leftists/Communists/Marxists. Conservatives and Libertarians warned these people about the police state for years and they never took it seriously. The only reason they seem to care now, is because this is happening to people of their political ideology, where as if this was happening to Conservatives and Libertarians, they'd be all for it. Then the Left tries to accuse us of being supporters of the police state, when we really aren't taking sides to either opposition. It's better to sit back and watch as these ginnygoats destroy each other.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was a very good video.

Although one of my reasons is a bit personal. My town's business district was hit hard with with a self inflicted quarantine. Just when it started to reopen, the NPC rage began. For a month, I walked down a main street that was vandalized or boarded up. Yeah, I wanted to catch one of them breaking a window and crack their thick skulls myself. This idiocy is affecting the food on my family's table.

That's the false duality binary choice that is being offered. Same old divide and conquer nonsense. Two teams, pick one, no other choices allowed. It's how TPTB get conservatives to support everything they are supposed to oppose.

If you don't support Antifa then you MUST support federal agents. If you don't support federal agents then you MUST support Antifa. Never is option 3 mentioned that neither is to be supported by conservatives and libertarians. That is what narrative shepherds like Swordy constantly engage in to try to get conservatives and libertarians to actually support (manufacturing consent to) the ongoing federalization of local governments and police, among the rest of the statist initiatives they push to undermine the 10th Amendment.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-23-2020 at 09:17 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Uncontrolled rage is destructive. It eats soul and gnaws the conscience. Under the influence of uncontrolled rage, people do a lot of things they wouldn’t normally do, and they can’t undo it.

Spot on man. I consider myself a libertarian. I have not watched the video nor plan to. I control my emotions period. There are so many people screaming, the only ones that will be heard are those that whisper.

IM A LIL BUSY WITH this FK...Brian Papin
    ‎Candy Juergensmeyer‎ to Tomi Lahren
    Yesterday at 5:09 AM ·
    Brian Papin, a special ed teacher at Cedar Grove, thinks that the white baby who had his neck knelt on by Black Lives Matter Terrorists should have been killed, you can read his comment, it’s attached

Perhaps you should let the school know that Mr. Papin has no place in education.

The schools number is: (678) 874-4002
    The principal is: Clifton Spears
    His contact information is:
    (678) 874-4003 Office
    (404) 603-6292 Cell
    Email - Clifton_Spears@dekalbschoolsga.org

School’s Facebook page where you can send messages: https://www.facebook.com/cedargrovehs/

The superintendent contact is:
    Please submit your inquiry using the form below. It will be addressed by the appropriate department. DeKalb County School District 1701 Mountain Industrial Boulevard Stone Mountain, GA 30083 678.676.1200 Regional Superintendents Staff Directory Schools and Centers

DEKALBSCHOOLSGA.ORG
    Contact
    Please submit your inquiry using the form below. It will be addressed by the appropriate department. DeKalb County School District 1701 Mountain Industrial Boulevard Stone Mountain, GA 30083 678.676.1200 Regional Superintendents Staff Directory Schools and Centers

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...y-viral-photo/

RAGE?
    I GOT RAGE, SO WHAT?
    MAYBE U AINT IMPORTANT-AT ALL
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Uncontrolled rage is destructive. It eats soul and gnaws the conscience. Under the influence of uncontrolled rage, people do a lot of things they wouldn’t normally do, and they can’t undo it.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Spot on man. I consider myself a libertarian. I have not watched the video nor plan to. I control my emotions period. There are so many people screaming, the only ones that will be heard are those that whisper.
    In the OP video, Patrick Smith is NOT encouraging anyone to feel, display or indulge in "rage."

In fact, just the opposite is the case (as would be obvious to anyone who had bothered to actually watch even just a little bit of the video before commenting on it). Patrick explains why libertarians are not obliged to be "enraged" by the incident he is discussing, and why libertarians are not obliged to come to the aid of the asshats who are hypocritically trying to (1) bait libertarians into defending them, or (2) smear libertarians who are not defending them.

(IOW: The thread title is sarcastic ... )
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

To repeat what I said in a post in another thread:

To hell with the rioters and looters. To hell with the police and feds. A pox on both their houses!

They're just separate horns on the same rampaging bull ... (and it's the rest of us who end up getting gored and trampled the worst ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-23-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Back during the Bush and Obama years, the two parties were two sides of the same coin.

Since Trump came along, the two parties have put some distance between them. Given the current situation and how the left has gone full retard, the right is a much more natural ally in my mind.

Do Republicans have problems and stifle liberty? Yes of course.

Are Democrats going full blown statist and want to kill libertarians? YES.

I know which neighbor I feel safer around.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Back during the Bush and Obama years, the two parties were two sides of the same coin.

Since Trump came along, the two parties have put some distance between them [social-communism, nationalistic communism]. Given the current situation and how the left [and the right] has have gone full retard, the right [direction] is a much more natural ally in my mind.

Do Republicans have problems and stifle liberty? Yes of course.

Are Democrats going full blown statist and want to kill libertarians? YES.

I know which neighbor I feel safer around.
    + REP for Agorism

;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    A really different and sensible viewpoint on the issue from Patrick Smith.

He is spot on the NRA!
    The NRA is anti 2nd Amendment.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Counter point: Devil's advocate

Isn't this the same argument the left uses when they say it's OK to punch a Nazi? Libertarian's traditionally are not ones to initiate violence. Is holding a speaker and being hit in the forehead (lethal force target area) not serious violence?

Do people really believe the concept of the poem "FIRST THEY CAME"?

First they came for the Communists
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not a Communist

Was Neimoller wrong?

I personally have a difficult time feeling sorry for people who want to take all my rights away by use of government force having that irony befall them.
    Neimoller was wrong, his general point is correct but you don't say anything when they come for the commies, you say something at a later point IF that later point comes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I know.
    And it isn't the cops.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    In the OP video, Patrick Smith is NOT encouraging anyone to feel, display or indulge in "rage."

In fact, just the opposite is the case (as would be obvious to anyone who had bothered to actually watch even just a little bit of the video before commenting on it). Patrick explains why libertarians are not obliged to be "enraged" by the incident he is discussing, and why libertarians are not obliged to come to the aid of the asshats who are hypocritically trying to (1) bait libertarians into defending them, or (2) smear libertarians who are not defending them.

(IOW: The thread title is sarcastic ... )
    We get that, thank you. I’m saying is rage is rarely the answer to anything. As a responsible constutionalist, I understand the rights outlined include *peaceful* assembly to redress grievances against Congress. That would not be the same as young anarchists living out their video game fantasies and calling it a protest against police violence. Running loose in the streets and then enabling the re-election of people who try to legislate and regulate legitimate constitutional freedom is just a bag of stupid filled with hot air.
    #NashvilleStrong

I just want to add that I am a proponent of self government. I govern myself. Others govern themselves so we can have an orderly, peaceful society. Government should be so small that most days we don’t notice it. I live in a big city where the evidence of big government are everywhere, and it’s not pretty.
    #NashvilleStrong

Deserves its own thread.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    IM A LIL BUSY WITH this FK...Brian Papin
    ‎Candy Juergensmeyer‎ to Tomi Lahren
    Yesterday at 5:09 AM ·
    Brian Papin, a special ed teacher at Cedar Grove, thinks that the white baby who had his neck knelt on by Black Lives Matter Terrorists should have been killed, you can read his comment, it’s attached

Perhaps you should let the school know that Mr. Papin has no place in education.

The schools number is: (678) 874-4002
    The principal is: Clifton Spears
    His contact information is:
    (678) 874-4003 Office
    (404) 603-6292 Cell
    Email - Clifton_Spears@dekalbschoolsga.org

School’s Facebook page where you can send messages: https://www.facebook.com/cedargrovehs/

The superintendent contact is:

DEKALBSCHOOLSGA.ORG
    Contact

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...y-viral-photo/

RAGE?
    I GOT RAGE, SO WHAT?
    MAYBE U AINT IMPORTANT-AT ALL
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11