Thread: Oklahoma Ex-Cop Guilty of On-Duty Rapes

Oklahoma Ex-Cop Guilty of On-Duty Rapes

http://www.newser.com/story/217368/o...uty-rapes.html

NEWSER)*– An Oklahoma City ex-cop who*preyed on women*in the communities he was supposed to be protecting has been found guilty on a slew of sex charges and could be going to prison for life. Prosecutors said Daniel Holtzclaw—whose victims ranged in age from 17 to 57—targeted women he encountered in low-income neighborhoods and raped or sexually assaulted those who had previous convictions or outstanding warrants because he thought they wouldn't be believed if they complained, reports*Reuters. Holtzclaw, who had faced 36 charges involving 13 women, wept in court Thursday as he was found guilty on 18 counts relating to eight women, including four rape charges, the*AP*reports. It was his 29th birthday.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The jurors recommended a total of 263 years of prison time for Holtzclaw's crimes. Formal sentencing is set for next month.

"We're going to ask the judge to make sure that this defendant never sees the light of day," District Attorney David Prater said. "And we're going to ask him to run consecutive, every count."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/us/okl...ict/index.html

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I respectfully disagree with that.
    It's not good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-cost...incarceration/

The cost of keeping one person incarcerated is between 31 and 60 thousand dollars per year.
    I can think of a couple things more appropriate than charging his victims to keep him in a cage.

Like maybe the fact that the 13th Amendment specifically makes conviction of a crime an exception for which involuntary servitude is acceptable.

Or maybe tatoo a big freakin' R on his forehead and cheeks and let him go.

In this case, and only this case, I'd agree with the death penalty. I'm only saying that because he was a police officer who got away with what he did for so long because he's a police officer. I don't agree with the system having no mercy on everyone else, but I could get behind the system having no mercy on its own. 'Cause nobody made him become a cop. It would be a much healthier system if the specter of capital punishment only loomed over its own people.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

I decided to go back and dig this story up because I think this is one of those police man bad stories that the majority of this site believes because well, police are the enforcement arm of the state so they must be bad and bad men rape people. Anyway, looking back, one poster says it is good and another says he should be given the death penalty. Another reason is that one of the websites that joined the pitch fork mob is thefreethoughtproject.com which seems to be a trusted link for some members on this forum. The site is one that unquestioningly believes everything bad said about a police man. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the police but at the same time, I am no fan of injustice.

After saying all of that, I have watched quite a few documentaries that show that Daniel Holtzclaw was framed for a crime he did not do. There is a long documentary made by the evil Ron Paul hater Michelle Malkin and another shorter one that piggybacked on what she uncovered to make a more digestible brief overview of the case. I will post both and you people please watch it and tell me if you still believe he is guilty or that it is a good thing that he was convicted of the sexual crimes.

Crap, cant find the link to the Malkin videos but this one should do.
    Last edited by juleswin; 08-31-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Found the first part, now looking for the 2nd part.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I have to agree with juleswin's skepticism on this case.

Anyone who is at all familiar with my posting history knows that I am certainly no fan of cops. But if I had been on the jury and had known all the information in the following recent video, I don't think I would have voted to convict Holtzclaw of any of the charges against him.

It's a long one (2 and 1/4 hours), but well worth watching if you have the time and interest.

It's also age-restricted at YouTube, so if you don't have an account, here's an alternate link you can use: https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watchmore?v=JK_JaDxIzfg

The Highly Controversial Case of Daniel Holtzclaw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_JaDxIzfg
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·