Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden to Visit Tulsa to Remember Race Massacre 100 Years Ago

Post Biden to Visit Tulsa to Remember Race Massacre 100 Years Ago

On the heels of growing recent calls for Iraq war reparations, there are calls being made now for Tulsa race massacre reparations also among other social justice calls. Biden will also visit Tulsa to lend his voice to social justice movement, somewhat ironic considering that he had voted for lies based racially motivated Iraqi freedom revenge war and has also been accused of having ties to some KKK recruiter in the past.

Remembering The Tulsa Race Massacre, 100 Years Later
    May 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbkvNM7XNt8

Related

Joe Biden's Vote for War - The New York Times
    Jan 12, 2020 — Joe Biden's Vote for War. In October 2002, he was one of 77 senators who gave President George W. Bush the authority to use force in Iraq.

Joe Biden Giving Eulogy of KKK Recruiter Robert Byrd
    newsweek
    Oct 1, 2020 — At the senator's eulogy in 2005, Biden described Byrd as "fiercely devoted to his principles," a "friend," "mentor" and a "guide."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I visited Tulsa summer before last and drank a lot of beer and bourbon and left town the next day . Biden should stay in his home , DC. Pretty sure the Indian Territory has no great need for race baiters .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-29-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    Do something Danke

A nice photo op and placate to the base.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Black people protested and in some cases rioted all last year for police reform that didn't happen and instead the "stop COVID-19 / Asian hate bill", which is an anti-first amendment farce, passed. Under the bill, you can beat up an Asian for being Asian, just don't say anything about COVID-19 coming from China when you do it. And a few days later, Kamala Harris shows her self hating (she's half Asian) racism by wiping her hand after shaking the hand of the South Korean president.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Of course he is. It's been 100 years. Blacks have every opportunity to better themselves in this country today. Those who haven't never will and the democrats bank on that to keep them down with cradle to grave entitlements.

Certainly the most pressing issue at present. Maybe the Dems plan on leaving him in Oklahoma.
    DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing2nd Amendment shirts. "Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Biden to commemorate the centenary of the Tulsa Race Massacre

Two armed men walk away from burning buildings during the June 1, 1921, Tulsa Race Massacre in Tulsa, Oklahoma

US PRESIDENT Joe Biden is set to visit the scene of the Tulsa race massacre in Oklahoma tomorrow as the victims’ descendants continue the fight for justice.
    Full details of Mr Biden’s trip to mark the centenary had not been released by the White House today, but it was understood that he will use the occasion to press others to recognise the massacre.
    As many as 300 people were killed in the pogrom that took place between May 31 and June 1 1921 when mobs of white people, many of them armed with weapons supplied by city officials, descended on Tulsa’s Greenwood district — known as “the black Wall Street.”
    The massacre followed clashes which took place after 19-year-old black shoe-shiner Dick Rowland was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, a 17-year-old white lift operator at the nearby Drexel Building.
    The attack on the prosperous black district was carried out on the ground and from private aircraft, destroying more than 35 blocks.
    At least 800 black residents required hospital treatment and 6,000 were rounded up and placed in hurriedly erected internment camps.
    About 10,000 black people were made homeless as a result of the attacks. More than $1.5 million (£1.1m) in buildings and $750,000 (£530,000) in personal property was destroyed.
    Last week the oldest living survivor of the massacre, 107-year-old Viola Fletcher, appeared before Congress to press the case for reparations.

Biden's moves appear mostly symbolic, in contrast Trump's approach on social justice issues consisted of a combination of symbolic as well as concrete steps.. although Biden term is still in infancy.

Trump Endorses Prison Reform

Trump pardons Jack Johnson erasing conviction for violating Mann Act

Jack Johnson Was Pardoned, But Taboo Sex Is Still Being Criminalized
    05/25/2018
    President Donald Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson on Thursday, erasing the black boxer’s century-old conviction for violating the Mann Act — a 1910 law that prohibited transporting “any woman or girl” across state lines “for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose” — by driving his white girlfriend from Pittsburgh to Chicago.

All this has happened before
    The Mann Act, also known as the White-Slave Traffic Act, was enacted in response to public hysteria about sensational yet unconfirmed reports of white women being kidnapped and trafficked by foreign men.

“There’s a huge range of things that [the act] allowed the government to punish and control,” Alexandra Levy, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame, told HuffPost. “It gave tremendous leverage to punish interracial marriage, polygamy and promiscuity.”

Throughout the first half of the 20th century, thousands of people were prosecuted under the act. Johnson’s conviction in 1912 was a prime example of the broad power of a law pitched as a way to stop what was at the time called white slavery. His crime was, essentially, being black and driving across state lines with a white woman, even though she went voluntarily and was his girlfriend.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0802d69cb376a

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The marixst vid in the OP is misleading. The klan footage that they show 2x is not from the Tulsa riot.

I also see the history revisionists are out in full force. The event was a riot, not a massacre. At least one third killed were white or injun. Another thing that they downplay is the government intervention, but they even get that wrong. It was 1921, so there were no planes "bombing" Greenwood. Some eyewitnesses however, claim they saw incendiary devices from the planes. Even at that, they're not doing much damage. Most of the fires were set by hand.

The revisionists also claim that a local paper called for or announced the lynching of the black dude Rowland. The revisionists however, could never find the article. That's because it never existed. The liberal conspiracy theorists later claimed the article was purposely removed.

The conspiracy theorists are also coming up with stupid stories about how Rowland tripped and either stepped on Sarah Page's foot or grabbed her arm. This is what caused her to scream. More BS. Sarah claimed an assault allegation, but 10 to 1 says that was a lie. I'll bet a cyber nickel that Rowland and Page had a thing going and then a falling out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Biden is the great uniter.

The media is really playing this up. Obviously, the agenda is not peace, harmony and happiness.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    On the heels of growing recent calls for Iraq war reparations, there are calls being made now for Tulsa race massacre reparations also among other social justice calls. Biden will also visit Tulsa to lend his voice to social justice movement, somewhat ironic considering that he had voted for lies based racially motivated Iraqi freedom revenge war and has also been accused of having ties to some KKK recruiter in the past.

Remembering The Tulsa Race Massacre, 100 Years Later
    May 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbkvNM7XNt8

Related

Joe Biden's Vote for War - The New York Times
    Jan 12, 2020 — Joe Biden's Vote for War. In October 2002, he was one of 77 senators who gave President George W. Bush the authority to use force in Iraq.

Joe Biden Giving Eulogy of KKK Recruiter Robert Byrd
    newsweek
    Oct 1, 2020 — At the senator's eulogy in 2005, Biden described Byrd as "fiercely devoted to his principles," a "friend," "mentor" and a "guide."
    Sigh. Fact checking MSNBC: Greenwood Ave. is not and never was twelve miles long. It's about a mile and a half now, and was about a mile and a quarter then. The entire black community in Tulsa was exactly one mile long, and two to four blocks wide. The community did not merely try to rebuild it, they did rebuild it better than before, and it thrived for another thirty-five years. It did not decline and stay down until desegregation gave the businesses of Greenwood competition they could not beat.

Few have been suffering all this while. Black owned insurance companies suffered and some went under, and of course three hundred people died. People were homeless and rebuilding was hard work done fast. My grandparents were teachers who had a maid once a week, and as that was their day to have her in to help the working couple, she wound up living with them a short time. But by the late 1970s, few of the kids going to middle school near the north end of Greenwood knew that the GAP Band was an acronym for Greenwood Archer Project or why (Archer is the cross street at the intersection where the riot began). The riot was largely and purposely forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    The marixst vid in the OP is misleading. The klan footage that they show 2x is not from the Tulsa riot.

I also see the history revisionists are out in full force. The event was a riot, not a massacre. At least one third killed were white or injun. Another thing that they downplay is the government intervention, but they even get that wrong. It was 1921, so there were no planes "bombing" Greenwood. Some eyewitnesses however, claim they saw incendiary devices from the planes. Even at that, they're not doing much damage. Most of the fires were set by hand.

The revisionists also claim that a local paper called for or announced the lynching of the black dude Rowland. The revisionists however, could never find the article. That's because it never existed. The liberal conspiracy theorists later claimed the article was purposely removed.

The conspiracy theorists are also coming up with stupid stories about how Rowland tripped and either stepped on Sarah Page's foot or grabbed her arm. This is what caused her to scream. More BS. Sarah claimed an assault allegation, but 10 to 1 says that was a lie. I'll bet a cyber nickel that Rowland and Page had a thing going and then a falling out.
    Your turn. True, no one stopped to build crosses and film themselves burning them in the middle of a riot. No one knows the demographics of the dead, but to say less than 2/3 were black ignores an obvious point. "Home field advantage" is more painful in war than in football. All the noncombatants in harm's way were black.

More than a few eyewitnesses say planes were bombing Greenwood. As in, some have said it to me, and I may have just been a kid but I believed them. No one said anything about the military. That's statist thinking. Tulsa was a booming city in 1921, with the Cushing Field and the Glenn Pool making millionaires monthly. Tulsa oil men, oil field suppliers and other businessmen probably had more airplanes between them than the military did at that point. And even if they didn't, they had higher quality than the military. Seriously. These are the guys who were bankrolling Wiley Post while he was inventing the space suit. It is not difficult to believe one of them delivered a load of Molotov cocktails to the "party".

But that's just a distraction, a historic first which no serious person believes was highly effective. Considerably deadlier was the mounted machine gun strafing the main Greenwood district businesses on the west side of the street. There's no reason to believe the blacks were able to maintain even a halfway respectable "kill ratio". If that's important to you, sorry.

When I was a kid, I looked for the front page of the evening paper, the Tribune, from that date. The front page was missing from the microfilm record. You could see where the page was torn. Apparently someone kept the torn page, as a later spool of microfilm showed it. No, it did not call for a riot in so many words. Nor was it difficult to read between the lines. It was insurrectionist in tone.

Page and Rowland never talked, at least to anyone who was willing to print them on the record. Both left town in 1921, never to return. Which is hardly surprising, and just what one might expect regardless of what the backstory may have been. General consensus forty-seven years ago was he stepped on her foot, thought oh gawd I'm gonna get lynched, and started apologizing very earnestly. She probably couldn't understand a word and only knew she was in a small space with a big stranger who was freaking out. That story was by far the most prevalent. That could have been because that was what Page and/or Rowland said later, or because it was good whitewash.

I specifically say 47 years because the people who remembered it were all so ashamed of it they clammed up about it. But in 1974, when they saw rioting over forced bussing in other cities, they started speaking up, white, black and other. "No riots. Find a peaceable way to deal with this $#@! Washington's stirring up. We never told you this, but... Not another one." And Tulsa hasn't had a major race riot since 1921, either.

This thread contains far more information, of a far higher quality, about the riot than you could ever get from NBC.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...y-police/page5

And besides, I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    By the way, you've already heard about McNulty Park, and will later hear about Oaklawn Cemetary. Here is Oaklawn today, about a mile south of Archer and Greenwood and two miles south of Pine and Greenwood. McNulty was, ninety-four years ago, just across the highway. So, it seems likely that the mass grave is just beneath and behind that fat concrete retaining wall in the middle distance.

Quote Originally Posted by libertasbella View Post
    Certainly the most pressing issue at present. Maybe the Dems plan on leaving him in Oklahoma.
    Good. Tell Bill and Hillary to go to Ft. Smith and rescue him from the raft. They should remember how to get there.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-02-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by libertasbella View Post
    Chances are Biden won't even know where he is or why he is there.

At Waco, roughly half of the people killed there by government were colored people.

The very first black Harvard Divinity School graduate, Wayne Martin, who later got his law degree from Harvard, and four of his children, were killed at Waco.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...s-wayne-martin

I wonder when we'll get endless coverage, with weeping testimonials and calls for reparations for that?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

More BS. Sarah claimed an assault allegation, but 10 to 1 says that was a lie. I'll bet a cyber nickel that Rowland and Page had a thing going and then a falling out.
    That's not BS. Women, especially white women, always lied about being attacked. However, as a group they repented after Juanita Broderick's claim against Bill Clinton. Now they don't ever lie.

Weird. I've never heard of this until yesterday. Must not have been a big deal for the last 100 years. What kind of legislation does Congress want to push through under this cover story?

@acptulsa
    Since you're familiar with the area, what happened to it in the aftermath of this event? At first glance it sounds like an engineered event to force the black residents out of the area so big bidness (developers, new oil money, etc) could swoop in and take it over for pennies and redevelop it at huge profit. Just first glance reaction. We see that same playbook ran through out history and still in action today. Thoughts?
    Last edited by devil21; 06-01-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Weird. I've never heard of this until yesterday. Must not have been a big deal for the last 100 years. What kind of legislation does Congress want to push through under this cover story?
    Reparations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

@acptulsa
    Since you're familiar with the area, what happened to it in the aftermath of this event? At first glance it sounds like an engineered event to force the black residents out of the area so big bidness (developers, new oil money, etc) could swoop in and take it over for pennies and redevelop it at huge profit. Just first glance reaction. We see that same playbook ran through out history and still in action today. Thoughts?
    Sorry, doesn't scan. The Greenwood District was anchored at the junction of three steam railroads, and beside an interchange yard and a full rail yard. The area was loud and smoky, and nobody wanted it. The city was growing south and east, and had plenty of prairie in all directions to commence developing the distinctly suburban flavor it maintains to this day. Gentrification was unnecessary.

The oilmen didn't want the blacks to leave. They were desperate for roughnecks. Blacks were willing to do it, and often good at it.

As I said above, Greenwood was rebuilt and thrived another three decades and more. If you want to learn more, UWDude and I once discussed it at length:

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Reparations.
    And a side dish of drowning out Memorial Day nationalism....

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    As I said above, Greenwood was rebuilt and thrived another three decades and more. If you want to learn more, UWDude and I once discussed it at length:

Thanks for the info. My question would then be "who rebuilt it and did properties change ownership during the rebuild?" I'm sure you don't know that offhand as it's more a rhetorical question. Forcing people out isn't always a goal if previous residents are capable of paying rent to new rent-seeking owners.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-01-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I don't know anything about this massacre, but I would assume they had a good reason for it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Your turn. True, no one stopped to build crosses and film themselves burning them in the middle of a riot. No one knows the demographics of the dead, but to say less than 2/3 were black ignores an obvious point. "Home field advantage" is more painful in war than in football. All the noncombatants in harm's way were black.

More than a few eyewitnesses say planes were bombing Greenwood. As in, some have said it to me, and I may have just been a kid but I believed them. No one said anything about the military. That's statist thinking. Tulsa was a booming city in 1921, with the Cushing Field and the Glenn Pool making millionaires monthly. Tulsa oil men, oil field suppliers and other businessmen probably had more airplanes between them than the military did at that point. And even if they didn't, they had higher quality than the military. Seriously. These are the guys who were bankrolling Wiley Post while he was inventing the space suit. It is not difficult to believe one of them delivered a load of Molotov cocktails to the "party".

But that's just a distraction, a historic first which no serious person believes was highly effective. Considerably deadlier was the mounted machine gun strafing the main Greenwood district businesses on the west side of the street. There's no reason to believe the blacks were able to maintain even a halfway respectable "kill ratio". If that's important to you, sorry.

When I was a kid, I looked for the front page of the evening paper, the Tribune, from that date. The front page was missing from the microfilm record. You could see where the page was torn. Apparently someone kept the torn page, as a later spool of microfilm showed it. No, it did not call for a riot in so many words. Nor was it difficult to read between the lines. It was insurrectionist in tone.

Page and Rowland never talked, at least to anyone who was willing to print them on the record. Both left town in 1921, never to return. Which is hardly surprising, and just what one might expect regardless of what the backstory may have been. General consensus forty-seven years ago was he stepped on her foot, thought oh gawd I'm gonna get lynched, and started apologizing very earnestly. She probably couldn't understand a word and only knew she was in a small space with a big stranger who was freaking out. That story was by far the most prevalent. That could have been because that was what Page and/or Rowland said later, or because it was good whitewash.

I specifically say 47 years because the people who remembered it were all so ashamed of it they clammed up about it. But in 1974, when they saw rioting over forced bussing in other cities, they started speaking up, white, black and other. "No riots. Find a peaceable way to deal with this $#@! Washington's stirring up. We never told you this, but... Not another one." And Tulsa hasn't had a major race riot since 1921, either.

This thread contains far more information, of a far higher quality, about the riot than you could ever get from NBC.

And besides, I was right.

I’m sure you have more firsthand recollections, but I’m seeing far too many inconsistencies with all these accounts. The first one is the 12 mile stretch of black business that you corrected by saying it was a little over a mile. I knew that was baloney from the start. The people you know never mentioned military, but the pic below shows the national guard. The newspaper accounts of the time that I’m reading also mention the guard.

There’s a lot of talk of planes dropping “bombs,” but it’s funny how I can’t find a single pic of that. They act like the Red Baron was bearing down on them. You have to judge the damage by yesteryear’s standards, not today’s standards. I’m wondering how many of those leveled buildings were old 1800s wood buildings that were destroyed in no time. And I never stepped on feet in my life except when dancing. Never saw anyone else do it either. And then these machine gun nests. Hoo boy. It’s like watching an old corny western. lol Too much BS from people who want to act like they know, but they don’t know crap.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-02-2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added pic

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

All the noncombatants in harm's way were black.
    I doubt it. How do you know that anyway?

It is not difficult to believe one of them delivered a load of Molotov cocktails to the "party".
    Why not difficult to believe? Could be a real exaggeration.

There's no reason to believe the blacks were able to maintain even a halfway respectable "kill ratio". If that's important to you, sorry.
    It's important because it distinguishes a riot from a massacre.

No, it did not call for a riot in so many words. Nor was it difficult to read between the lines. It was insurrectionist in tone.
    It didn't call for a riot at all. An insurrection?! Really? It said "Nab Negro for Girl in Elevator." They were reporting that a guy was picked up. The article is below. If it's accurate, then I find it interesting that the guy referred to himself as "Diamond Dick." Sounds like another upstanding citizen.

`
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-02-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Why not difficult to believe? Could be a real exaggeration.

It didn't call for a riot at all. An insurrection?! Really? It said "Nab Negro for Girl in Elevator." They were reporting that a guy was picked up. The article is below. If it's accurate, then I find it interesting that the guy referred to himself as "Diamond Dick." Sounds like another upstanding citizen.

`
    The whole thing sounds like bull$#@!. They have no idea how many people died. They have no idea how it started. They have no idea how it happened.

The only thing that they are sure of:

it's white people's fault
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I’m sure you have more firsthand recollections, but I’m seeing far too many inconsistencies with all these accounts. The first one is the 12 mile stretch of black business that you corrected by saying it was a little over a mile. I knew that was baloney from the start. The people you know never mentioned military, but the pic below shows the national guard. The newspaper accounts of the time that I’m reading also mention the guard.

There’s a lot of talk of planes dropping “bombs,” but it’s funny how I can’t find a single pic of that. They act like the Red Baron was bearing down on them. You have to judge the damage by yesteryear’s standards, not today’s standards. I’m wondering how many of those leveled buildings were old 1800s wood buildings that were destroyed in no time. And I never stepped on feet in my life except when dancing. Never saw anyone else do it either. And then these machine gun nests. Hoo boy. It’s like watching an old corny western. lol Too much BS from people who want to act like they know, but they don’t know crap.

I didn't say it was over a mile. I talked about the whole community. And since the tallest buildings were three stories and the whole thing never quite reached a quarter mile in width, the 10,000 number I've seen bandied about is highly suspect. The main business district was two or three blocks.

The National Guard wasn't pertinent to the topic. There was no Air National Guard in 1921. And getting a shot of a bottle-sized object falling from a fast airplane with slow 1921 film would have been one hell of a challenge. Lots of things were true in 1921 and damned few of them have t00bs.

Most were wood. Few were old. Buildings from the 1800s could have been, and generally were in Tulsa, which was incorporated in 1897, less than thirty years old.

I believe I mentioned one machine gun. Never heard any claim that would lead me to use the plural. And when the directors of corny westerns yelled "cut" the dead stood up and went to the commissary. Here they were loaded on wagons and trucks and hauled to the ball park.

Why not? Could be a complete exaggeration.

It didn't call for a riot at all. It said "Nab Negro for Girl in Elevator." The article is below. If it's accurate, then I find it interesting that the guy referred to himself as "Diamond Dick." Sounds like another upstanding citizen.

`
    You're just working at requiring more fact checking than even NBC, aka MiniTrue.

Yawn.

That clip was not from the May 31 edition of anything. Even if it were, such columns attempting to be factual were side by side with op-ed columns. A snippet means nothing. And your interpretation of its tone means nothing so far as how accurate the "Diamond Dick" business is. You don't even know if that was the Tribune or the World.

This thing also didn't develop quite as fast as you seem to think. They don't develop as fast as you seem to think now, in the age of facebook. Rowland was arrested. Rumors circulated about an attempted breakout and a lynching. People started accumulating around the courthouse over a mile away from Archer and Greenwood. Things sparked, broke off, and people took the fight to Archer and Greenwood. The wind was out of the south, so the black community was downwind. All that took well over 24 hours. Hell, if you read your own snippet, you'll see it took 24 hours before that to find and arrest Rowland.

And, yes, when all the noncombatants decided it was time to get home, only the black noncombatants went into harm's way (though they didn't realize it yet). Tulsa really was that segregated.

You can believe what you want about airplanes. You can draw lines separating riots and massacres until you're blue in the face. Don't care.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-02-2021 at 10:33 AM.

You can draw lines separating riots and massacres until you're blue in the face. Don't care.
    If the riots of the 1920's were anything like the riots of the 2020's, any dead black people mostly did it to themself.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The whole thing sounds like bull$#@!. They have no idea how many people died. They have no idea how it started. They have no idea how it happened.

The only thing that they are sure of:

it's white people's fault
    I did add 20 extra lashes to my daily self-flagellation ritual. I also beat my chest and shouted "no" at the sky until my neighbor threatened to call the cops on me. I called him a racist and then went inside. Now I will go annoy people on Facebook. I am a good progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I did add 20 extra lashes to my daily self-flagellation ritual. I also beat my chest and shouted "no" at the sky until my neighbor threatened to call the cops on me. I called him a racist and then went inside. Now I will go annoy people on Facebook. I am a good progressive.
    You are a Great American!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

You're just working at requiring more fact checking than even NBC, aka MiniTrue.

Yawn.

What facts? Are you saying the news clipping I posted is fake? What about the news article you discussed, but never cited or posted? Where is it? You supposedly looked this up on microfilm as a kid, so what did it say?

What about today? I assume you have access to Tulsa Public Library. I assume they have Newsbank or, more likely, their own local archive. Are any of these articles digitized? Where are the pics of planes strafing Greenwood?

Hey look, everybody. The Red Baron’s ghost visited America to haunt Tulsa! Someone shoulda told that guy World War I end three years earlier!

Here’s the actual machine gun being transported by the national guard.

And here’s a dramatization of a machine gunner. So who is this guy supposed to be? Machine Gun Kelly as a white supremacist? Or am I right to suggest that a lot of violence was actually committed by the government?

This pic below is from a 2019 TV show called The Watchmen. It recreated the events of the Tulsa riot. I wouldn’t be surprised if some people see the plane in this fictional account and say that’s what granny remembered.

Using your "logic" the Boston Massacre is "revisionist history." And who had cell phones in 1921 or any kind of quick photography to catch a photo of a falling bomb? Who would stop to do that while running for his/her life? The OP video you complained about doesn't even mention the plane. And I don't think anyone with the IQ of a snail thinks the KKK footage was from the riot itself but rather a representation of the men who carried out the killings. There is no footage of the riot/massacre itself to show. Those doing the killing weren't trying to incriminate themselves and the victims were running for their lives.

I do agree with the point regarding government involvement. The local sheriff deputized the murderers.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I didn't say it was over a mile. I talked about the whole community. And since the tallest buildings were three stories and the whole thing never quite reached a quarter mile in width, the 10,000 number I've seen bandied about is highly suspect. The main business district was two or three blocks.

The National Guard wasn't pertinent to the topic. There was no Air National Guard in 1921. And getting a shot of a bottle-sized object falling from a fast airplane with slow 1921 film would have been one hell of a challenge. Lots of things were true in 1921 and damned few of them have t00bs.

Most were wood. Few were old. Buildings from the 1800s could have been, and generally were in Tulsa, which was incorporated in 1897, less than thirty years old.

I believe I mentioned one machine gun. Never heard any claim that would lead me to use the plural. And when the directors of corny westerns yelled "cut" the dead stood up and went to the commissary. Here they were loaded on wagons and trucks and hauled to the ball park.

Yawn.

That clip was not from the May 31 edition of anything. Even if it were, such columns attempting to be factual were side by side with op-ed columns. A snippet means nothing. And your interpretation of its tone means nothing so far as how accurate the "Diamond Dick" business is. You don't even know if that was the Tribune or the World.

This thing also didn't develop quite as fast as you seem to think. They don't develop as fast as you seem to think now, in the age of facebook. Rowland was arrested. Rumors circulated about an attempted breakout and a lynching. People started accumulating around the courthouse over a mile away from Archer and Greenwood. Things sparked, broke off, and people took the fight to Archer and Greenwood. The wind was out of the south, so the black community was downwind. All that took well over 24 hours. Hell, if you read your own snippet, you'll see it took 24 hours before that to find and arrest Rowland.

And, yes, when all the noncombatants decided it was time to get home, only the black noncombatants went into harm's way (though they didn't realize it yet). Tulsa really was that segregated.

You can believe what you want about airplanes. You can draw lines separating riots and massacres until you're blue in the face. Don't care.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast