Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishes and prayers for Glen Bradley...tonight's the night.

Wishes and prayers for Glen Bradley...tonight's the night.

Prayers or best wishes. I'd love to have this brother in our state Congress. A primary win is a big deal against the entrenched.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When should results be known?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

GOD speed the right!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Good luck Glen Bradley

I'm in for a bunch of best wishes, a few Hail Mary's, and I'll keep everything I have two of crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Track it here...

Gunny is down but it's not over.

Lisa Barnes 76%
    Glen Bradley 26%

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's tough to beat a woman in 2018. Gunny is at an inherent disadvantage.

Done deal. Gunny lost.

It's past the ballot box for real change. Establishment wins.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That sucks!

Sad.
    We musn't give up but this is not a good sign.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That sucks!
    N.C. is a liberal state. Don't believe that because someone wears a tag of "Republican" that they aren't bought and sold. N.C. first amendment created a legal challenge that went to the nine clowns in gowns. It was meant to happen. Glen offered the only way out. Get government out of marriage. His proposal should have resonated with ALL sides. Instead he was gerrymandered. Because, "half backs" control N.C. politics.
    It's really no different from National politics where you have Amash, Massie and Paul...and everyone else.
    It's all bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    N.C. is a liberal state. Don't believe that because someone wears a tag of "Republican" that they aren't bought and sold. N.C. first amendment created a legal challenge that went to the nine clowns in gowns. It was meant to happen. Glen offered the only way out. Get government out of marriage. His proposal should have resonated with ALL sides. Instead he was gerrymandered. Because, "half backs" control N.C. politics.
    It's really no different from National politics where you have Amash, Massie and Paul...and everyone else.
    It's all bull$#@!.
    Both sides are controlled by their shadow owners that tell the slaves what to do and the slaves dutifully follow the orders, to their own slaughter.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Republican voters rejected ex-convict Don Blankenship in a West Virginia Senate primary in which he sold himself as "Trumpier than Trump" but was vigorously opposed by the president. GOP voters in Indiana, meanwhile, chose wealthy businessman Mike Braun over two sitting congressmen to lead the party's charge against a vulnerable Democratic senator in the fall.

Hopelessly behind in West Virginia, Blankenship conceded defeat in the contest to determine Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin's general election challenger. The Republican president fought in the campaign's final days to defeat Blankenship, a retired coal executive, who remained popular among some West Virginia Republicans despite having served a year in prison for his role in a deadly mine disaster and attacked the Asian heritage of the top Senate Republican's wife.
    State Attorney General Patrick Morrisey claimed the nomination instead, promoting his record of challenging policies of the administration of former President Barack Obama and deflecting criticism of his roots in New Jersey, where he lost a 2000 congressional race.
    "Mr. President, if you're watching right now, let me tell you, your tweet was huge," Morrisey said in his nomination address, referring to Trump's election eve call for voters to shun Blankenship's candidacy. "You've been to the state now four times. I'd like you to come back as many times as you can between now and November."
    Vice President Mike Pence congratulated Morrisey on Twitter, saying, "The great people of WV need a senator who supports the #MAGA agenda."
    The key Senate contests headlined primary elections across four states on Tuesday that will help shape the political landscape in this fall's midterm elections. Control of Congress is at stake in addition to state governments across the nation.
    In a possible sign of party unrest, however, Rep. Robert Pittenger lost in North Carolina to the Rev. Mark Harris, a Baptist pastor he narrowly beat two years ago. Pittinger is the first incumbent to lose his seat this primary season.

In Indiana, Democratic Sen. Joe Donnelly will face off in November against Braun, a multimillionaire owner of a national auto parts distribution business who loaned more than $5.4 million of his own money to his campaign. Braun credited his victory to voter disenchantment with "business as usual" and said he hoped to join other Republican senators who came from outside politics.
    Another Indiana contest was less contentious: Greg Pence won the primary for the congressional seat his younger brother, Vice President Mike Pence, once held. Greg Pence is a Marine veteran and owner of two antique malls who once ran the now-bankrupt chain of Tobacco Road convenience stores. He'll be the favorite to win the seat in November.
    In Ohio's high-profile governor's race, Democrats nominated Obama-era consumer watchdog Richard Cordray while Republicans selected state Attorney General Mike DeWine.
    An Ohio state senator won the Republican primary to succeed retiring Rep. Pat Tiberi. The race had become a proxy fight between Tiberi, a GOP moderate, and conservative Republican Rep. Jim Jordan. Tiberi's candidate, Troy Balderson of Zanesville pulled out a win.

A bright spot for Republicans in swing-state Ohio: GOP turnout was considerably stronger than Democratic voting in the open governor's race. With nearly two-thirds of the vote counted, 567, 000 Republicans cast votes, to 412,000 Democrats.
    U.S. Rep. Jim Renacci, with Trump's support, won the Republican primary to challenge Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in November.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-voter...053414307.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Keep fighting the good fight Gunny.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

In a district that includes Franklin and southern Nash County, former House member Glen Bradley is seeking to return to the legislature. He served one term in 2011, and was best known for filing a bill to have the state issue its own currency. He has raised about $4,700. Bradley's opponent, Lisa Stone Barnes, had raised $96,250.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

Tough to win a race when outspent 20 to 1 and the media distorts your record. People will have to be dragged to Liberty kicking and screaming...
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    N.C. is a liberal state. .
    I probably live in the most liberal hole in this state, but at least the scenery is nice.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

At least, Walter Jones won.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I probably live in the most liberal hole in this state, but at least the scenery is nice.
    I'll take a guess and say A-she-ville.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    In a district that includes Franklin and southern Nash County, former House member Glen Bradley is seeking to return to the legislature. He served one term in 2011, and was best known for filing a bill to have the state issue its own currency. He has raised about $4,700. Bradley's opponent, Lisa Stone Barnes, had raised $96,250.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...#storylink=cpy

Tough to win a race when outspent 20 to 1 and the media distorts your record. People will have to be dragged to Liberty kicking and screaming...
    Pretty much says it all. I'll have a shot in your name tonight Glen.
    "The Patriarch"

Pretty much says it all. I'll have a shot in your name tonight Glen.
    I'll join you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Thanks for the effort Glenn.

I can see why she won. Glen Bradley's site looks like some random assortment of issues, facts, and details... it's a mess.

Lisa Barnes's site however is very well done, it focuses on the key things voters care about: a pretty face and the words "conservative republican".

lisastonebarnes.com

vs

glenbradley.com
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Done deal. Gunny lost.

It's past the ballot box for real change. Establishment wins.

What were the final results?

Thanks for running Glenn.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thanks for the effort Glenn.
    Has @dannno agreed to a new payoff for your bet yet?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

What were the final results?

Thanks for running Glenn.
    73% for Lisa, according to:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...210722519.html

Also interesting to learn from that article, Glen Bradley once made headlines when he filed a bill that would explore creating a state currency. Isn't that neat?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Has @dannno agreed to a new payoff for your bet yet?

I'll just donate it to Trump 2020.

Haha, jk
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I can see why she won. Glen Bradley's site looks like some random assortment of issues, facts, and details... it's a mess.

Lisa Barnes's site however is very well done, it focuses on the key things voters care about: a pretty face and the words "conservative republican".

lisastonebarnes.com

vs

glenbradley.com
    You get to meet her family in 1 click. That's what counts. Chicks go for that crap, and their mens follow.

Get em next time, bud. This could be viewed simply as a detour. This State needs ya.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    he filed a bill that would explore creating a state currency
    Scroll up a little bit to SneakyFrenchSpy's post and you'll see that isn't true.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast