Thread: Unlimited Term for Obama?

Unlimited Term for Obama?

Open and transparent government time: A bill was inroduced three weeks ago that seeks to repeal the 22nd amendment to the constisution, which limits office terms for the US precidency. The bill has gone to committee, which is closed to the public. Will we see any mainstream coverage of this?

H.J.RES.5
    Title: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Sponsor: Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (None)

Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
    Last edited by yoshimaroka; 01-22-2009 at 08:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation

Something like this may cause riots in the streets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It will only cause riots if we oppose the messiah.
    His legions of brainless emotion voters will tear everything to hell because they deserve to rule the country.
    lol

Kidding aside, I hope this is bull, because if there is any truth to this we are in far too deep and it IS the end.
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

We need to make it mainstream then.

Spoon feed the brain dead media.

Start with Beck?
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

Scary $#@!. Looks like Obama wants to be just like Castro. From the Obamabots I have seen on Digg, they will approve this as they see no wrong in anything he does.

SWEET!! 4 more years of Bush!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Out of the question.

And you know who should pipe up? Republicans and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I know that California is at the top of the Begging for Billions states, but I attribute that chiefly to Schwarzenegger's mamby-pambying with Lifetime Politicians, and to California biting off more than it could chew in moving ahead of federal clean air standards.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver would be INFINITELY better than Barack Hussein and Michelle Robinson Obama, but at that time, the American Idol Mob had not whipped itself into a frenzy that would alter even our Constitution in order to glorify personality over principle.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 01-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Fdr

It is odd, especially since so many people are calling Obama the new FDR and talking about a "New New Deal". FDR served four terms, didn't he?

Rep. Barney Frank and Senator Harry Reid tried to get it repealed before as well, but failed.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Post Amendment Abortion--too young to die

What does Jose E Serrano, Rep, NY-16, gain from a proposed royal family? He wants no term limits for POTUS, but why? I suppose he has not seen any collateral damage from 16 yrs of Dubya and his DaDa.

Why would anyone want to kill off so young an Amendment? It was ratified only in 1951, making it a mere 57 years old. Quite too youthful to die. Quite too sane and important, too.

Maybe the bewilderment many people feel from bad news about the economy, job losses, and disenfranchisement, makes them open to the "comforting" possibility that a messiah figure should endure and have a real chance to make a Change.

The West, and in particular the United States is doomed.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Damn proud Classical Liberal/Minarchist!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Orlonater View Post
    The West, and in particular the United States is doomed.
    Well let's get out of here before the Doom comes then. I hear Mars is pretty libertarian
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul