Thread: FL - David Hogg's home SWATted this morning

Exclamation FL - David Hogg's home SWATted this morning

Family of Stoneman Douglas student advocate David Hogg 'swatted' at home

https://www.local10.com/news/family-...watted-at-home

Hogg was not home at time of incident

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
    Posted: 9:41 AM, June 05, 2018
    Updated: 9:59 AM, June 05, 2018

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The family of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg was "swatted" Tuesday morning, causing police to respond to their Parkland home.

A call came into the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming a hostage situation at the home.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue arrived at the scene to find there was no hostage situation and the call was a prank.

Hogg was not home at the time of the incident and is currently in Washington, DC with his mother to accept the RFK Human Rights award.

In a phone call with Local 10, Hogg reacted to the massive police presence at his home following the prank call.

"I think it's really a distraction from what we're trying to fix here," Hogg told Liane Morejon. "Which is the massive gun violence epidemic in this country."

Sky 10 was over the home as units were staged outside as a precaution. BSO responded with multiple crews and a police helicopter.

Swatting is the action of making a prank emergency call to bring about a response of armed law enforcement officers.

Since the shootings at Stoneman Douglas, Hogg has been a prominent advocate for gun safety. However, Hogg has been a lightning rod for controversy as some do not approve of his methods, such as holding a "die in" at a Coral Springs Publix last week.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's going to wield this like a cudgel and blame the NRA. I don't think I have ever seen a teenager as fame-hungry as David Hogg on the national stage.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

NOW WHUT MUTHER FUGGER?!?!?
    GO SUCK ON THE STATES TEET SOME MORE, MAYBE THEY WILL "SERVE" YOU
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He has been out the news cycle and people have stopped paying attention to him. No doubt this was an attempt to bring him back into the national news spotlight by those or someone who supports his cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hogg was not home at the time of the incident and is currently in Washington, DC with his mother to accept the RFK Human Rights award.
    Da hell? Must be a low bar for that award...

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He has been out the news cycle and people have stopped paying attention to him. No doubt this was an attempt to bring him back into the national news spotlight by those or someone who supports his cause.
    While he was in D.C.

They're starting their "20-state summer bus tour" this week and this just helps draw attention to their publicity tour. Swatted while no one's home - is that a true case of swatting?

I was in a drug store yesterday and - would you believe it? - I saw a glossy "March for our Lives" magazine on the rack. It was like a fanzine you'd see for a rock band - so warped and weird! I leafed through it, just a bunch of colored photos i.e. Emma Gonzalez standing at podium with tears and such.

Probably SWATed himself just to get himself back into the news cycle. His 15 minutes was up.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too bad he wasn't home.. to receive what he is inviting.

Could have been a much better story.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    They're starting their "20-state summer bus tour" this week and this just helps draw attention to their publicity tour. Swatted while no one's home - is that a true case of swatting?

I was in a drug store yesterday and - would you believe it? - I saw a glossy "March for our Lives" magazine on the rack. It was like a fanzine you'd see for a rock band - so warped and weird! I leafed through it, just a bunch of colored photos i.e. Emma Gonzalez standing at podium with tears and such.
    Which may just work for those lost and looking for a cause to give their life meaning. I am going to take a guess there was not anything from the right on the shelves to counter it which spells trouble for our future?

Probably one of his liberal friends trying to keep him relevant.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

https://www.local10.com/news/family-...watted-at-home

Hogg was not home at time of incident

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
    Posted: 9:41 AM, June 05, 2018
    Updated: 9:59 AM, June 05, 2018

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The family of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg was "swatted" Tuesday morning, causing police to respond to their Parkland home.

A call came into the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming a hostage situation at the home.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue arrived at the scene to find there was no hostage situation and the call was a prank.

In a phone call with Local 10, Hogg reacted to the massive police presence at his home following the prank call.

"I think it's really a distraction from what we're trying to fix here," Hogg told Liane Morejon. "Which is the massive gun violence epidemic in this country."

Sky 10 was over the home as units were staged outside as a precaution. BSO responded with multiple crews and a police helicopter.

Swatting is the action of making a prank emergency call to bring about a response of armed law enforcement officers.

Since the shootings at Stoneman Douglas, Hogg has been a prominent advocate for gun safety. However, Hogg has been a lightning rod for controversy as some do not approve of his methods, such as holding a "die in" at a Coral Springs Publix last week.
    Srsly, fist urself

(Not you, AF)

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Too bad he wasn't home.. to receive what he is inviting.

Could have been a much better story.
    Yeah... likely all staged tho.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Yeah... likely all staged tho.
    I don't think so, he's probably just the most unlucky person on the planet.

The warriors

It's rather amusing to see conservatives falling all over themselves to be the first to denounce the reported SWATting of David Hogg. Remember, these are the same people who claim that they will actually shoot and kill police and other lawful authorities should said authorities ever come to disarm them, but they are denouncing a much milder response to someone actively attempting to lay the foundation for those confiscations.

Let me make a prediction: if anyone does violently resist having their guns forcibly confiscated, conservatives will be the very first to denounce that resistance.

Conservatives simply don't have the backbone to fight for anything. Not their nation, not their guns, not their families, not even their persons. At this point, I tend to doubt they would have the wherewithal to do more than write a wordy complaint citing the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Gettysburg Address to protest being rounded up en masse and sent to concentration camps.

-- http://voxday.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-warriors.html

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.