Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] 2018 Olympics (begins Feb. 8)

[Official] 2018 Olympics (begins Feb. 8)

Before the 2018 'Games' begin...

Putin Apologizes/Explains to the Russian Athletes (they will be wearing 'neutral' not Russian/'Tri-Color')

Subs/best in full screen https://youtu.be/4z6q9ubCHTY

The former head of the Russian anti-doping agency, Grigory Rodchenkov, is the main 'informant' of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), as it pertains to the unsubstantiated disqualification of Russian athletes from the Olympic Games 2018.

In this outtake, President Putin explains that US special services are behind the libel of Russian athletes - and of course, it all has to do with geopolitics. Russia is paying the price for being successful in Syria at the upcoming Olympic Games. Doping has nothing to do with it.

Rodchenkov is a 'whistle blower' on Russia's "state doping system" - whose mental health issues are widely questioned, criminal record well-publicized, as well as the presence of a financial motive behind the saga.

The Canadian/FBI 'findings' in the McLaren report PIVOT on the 'testimony' of Rodchenkov. (Andy... is that you???)

========

Some Background...

McLaren report
    ►The 2016 WADA-commissioned report by Canadian lawyer Richard McLaren found that more than 1,000 Russian competitors in more than 30 sports were involved in a conspiracy to conceal positive drug tests over a period of five years.

►World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) require Russian authorities to publicly accept the findings of the McLaren report.

►Russia will not acknowledge the McLaren report and has vehemently denied the alleged existence of a state-sponsored doping system in the country.

►The IOC has allowed only 169 Russians to compete in Pyeongchang 2018 Olympics as independents

►Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) last week cleared 28 athletes of doping charges.

►Russia wanted to send 15 of the 28 athletes to compete in South Korea. IOC has so far, denied request.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 02-03-2018 at 06:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ===================

Coverage begins Feb. 8 (Figure Skating) and continues Feb. 9 (Opening Ceremony) Continues to Feb. 25

Korea Current Time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...th-korea/seoul

Event Schedule (Korea Time): http://www.nbcolympics.com/full-schedule interactive

Olympics LIVE LINKS:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/live-stream-schedule#/ (must disable Ad Block)
    Last edited by goldenequity; 02-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.

2018 Winter Olympics thread

Discuss and or debate the upcoming Winter Olympics or share stories.

There is no 2018 Winter Olympics without the Russians.

Let the "winners" be proud of their participation medals.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    There is no 2018 Winter Olympics without the Russians.

Let the "winners" be proud of their participation medals.
    There are many sports in which they do not compete. They were banned, as many were in Rio, because of the systematic, institutional drugging of their athletes.

The ones who have tested clean will be allowed to compete as independent athletes under the Olympic flag.

I mostly follow figure skating. It is very interesting how some Russian skaters have been skating lights out most of the season and suddenly crashed and burned at the Grand Prix finals and European championships. That tends to happen when athletes are tapering so they can have clean drug tests.
    Last edited by euphemia; 02-04-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Have they banned biathlons yet?

Or do you now fling stuffed fluffy bunnies downrange?

The globalists always attack the Russians using the Olympics because it is a great source of national pride.

This has nothing to do with doping.

The globalists even used the cover of the Olympics to get their toadies in Georgia to murder Russian peacekeepers in South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

Not best, not fastest, not most graceful, not strongest...just less white.

Trying to make Team USA look more like America

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.7c5401fa7bd1

The U.S. Olympic Committee says it’s taking its most diverse team ever to a Winter Games, an impressive and deserved boast that requires a caveat of sorts.

Yes, USOC officials are pleased the team includes more African Americans and Asian Americans — and even the first two openly gay men — than recent winter squads. But they also realize this year’s U.S. Olympic team, not unlike those of most other nations gathering in PyeongChang this week, is still overwhelmingly white.

“We’re not quite where we want to be,” said Jason Thompson, the USOC’s director of diversity and inclusion. “. . . I think full-on inclusion has always been a priority of Team USA. I think everybody’s always felt it should represent every American.”

Team USA numbers 243 athletes, which is the largest team any nation has sent to a Winter Olympics. Of that group, 10 are African American — 4 percent — and another 10 are Asian American. The rest, by and large, are white. The Winter Games contingent is typically much smaller than its summer counterpart, but the demographic differences are striking. The United States took more than 550 athletes to the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro. Of that group, more than 125 were African American — about 23 percent.

This year’s winter squad includes the first black long-track speedskater — Erin Jackson, who transitioned to the spot from inline skating — as well as the first black hockey player, Jordan Greenway, and first black short-track speedskater, 18-year-old Maame Biney, who moved from Ghana to the Washington area when she was 5 years old.

“It means a lot. I’m just really, really honored to have that title because then that means I get to inspire young African American athletes,” Biney said, “or any other race . . . to try this sport or try any other sport they think they can’t do.”

[U.S. Olympian Maame Biney’s short-track speedskating journey, from Ghana to PyeongChang]

Asian Americans have seven spots on the figure skating team, two in speedskating and another in snowboarding, and five of the American bobsledders competing PyeongChang are African American.

The lack of diversity on the winter teams is certainly not a new issue, and it’s not unique to the United States. But the USOC has identified it as an area for targeted growth. Thompson was hired to his post in 2012, shortly after the job was created, because the USOC saw room for improvement at every level: from athletes and coaches to the officials who run the national governing bodies for each sport and executives who work for the USOC.

“Since that point, we’ve just been trying to find ways to make sure our team looks like America,” he said.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile...

High School Cancels Screening of ‘Cool Runnings’ over Claims the Movie Is ‘Racially Insensitive’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...y-insensitive/

by KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ3 Feb 20182,473

A Massachusetts high school canceled a screening of the movie Cool Runnings after receiving complaints from the school community that the movie is “racially insensitive.”

The Wayland High School student council announced that the school would be hosting a showing of the 1993 Disney film starring Cuba Gooding Jr. Wednesday during the school’s “Winter Week” after midterm exams, Boston 25 News reported.

The PG-rated film is based on a true story about a Jamaican bobsled team’s journey to 1988 Olympic Games.

But the school’s principal, Allyson Mizoguchi, put those plans on ice after emailing the student body to let them know that the screening had been canceled.

“Following the recent announcement that Cool Runnings would be the movie shown this year, I received concerns from members of our community that raised my awareness about elements of the movie that could be viewed as culturally and racially insensitive,” Mizoguchi wrote in a statement.

The principal added that she made the decision to cancel the screening after doing some research into the movie’s plot.

“While disappointing for students, I want to emphasize that this experience has inspired productive, honest conversation about stereotypes in the media, the nature of narrative, and subtle, racially insensitive messages as compared to overt racism,” she added.

The principal’s letter spurred 150 students to sound off on the decision in an email chain, with many outraged students saying they would watch the film at home on Netflix instead.

The student newspaper conducted a poll of the student body asking what the teens thought of Mizoguchi’s decision. Out of the 115 students who participated in the survey, only two teenagers supported their principal’s decision.

Mizoguchi explained that she banned the movie not because she thought the film was “overtly racist,” but because the film showcased a “subtlety of stereotypes.”

“The movie is not really overtly racist,” Mizoguchi told the Metrowest Daily News. “It is the subtlety of stereotypes in the movie.”

Snowflakes have no place in winter sports.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

AF, that article is full of crap. There have been many black Winter Olympians. Debi Thomas took bronze in Calgary. Shani Davis has a gold medal in speed skating. Almost every single American bobsled team features black athletes. Herschel Walker was in the Winter Olympics. Willie Galt was in the Winter Olympics.

Just going off the top of my head, France, Germany, Canada, and the US have all had black Winter Olympians. Men and women.

The research this year is just ridiculous. First graders could do better.

And it's not the first Winter Olympics for gay athletes, either. Johnny Weir was out. Several others competed. Brian Boitano, Timothy Goebel, Matt Savoie. I seem to recall Johnny Weir roomed with a Tanith Belbin (now Tanith White) in Olympic Village in 2010. Link

People who are going to write need to keep up.
    Last edited by euphemia; 02-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    AF, that article is full of crap. There have been many black Winter Olympians. Debi Thomas took bronze in Calgary. Shani Davis has a gold medal in speed skating. Almost every single American bobsled team features black athletes. Herschel Walker was in the Winter Olympics. Willie Galt was in the Winter Olympics.

Just going off the top of my head, France, Germany, Canada, and the US have all had black Winter Olympians. Men and women.

The research this year is just ridiculous. First graders could do better.

And it's not the first Winter Olympics for gay athletes, either. Johnny Weir was out. Several others competed. Brian Boitano, Timothy Goebel, Matt Savoie. I seem to Johnny Weir roomed with a Tanith Belbin (now Tanith White) in Olympic Village in 2010. Link

People who are going to write need to keep up.
    I realize that, I recall a few of those names myself.

No offense to you, just the writers. I have heard more nonsense out of writers and commentators this year than ever before. Everyone has an agenda except most of the athletes.

Black athletes have been competing in bobsled for ages--mostly athletes known for their footspeed to help them get good starts. And one of the best kept secrets is that NASCAR racer Geoff Bodine worked with USA Bobsled to help them with design and technique. I met his brother Todd once.
    #NashvilleStrong

Jan2017

raw video . . .

The 32-member delegation, including 10 athletes, landed in Yangyang International Airport in a South Korean charter plane earlier Thursday.
    The group then traveled to Gangneung Olympic Village, a sub-host city for the Feb. 9-25 Olympic Games.

Thursday’s arrival was just the first batch of North Koreans crossing the border for the Olympics.

The Koreas have agreed to march under the “unification” flag during the opening ceremony,
    making South Korea the only host country to not fly its own flag in Olympic history.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02...clear-war.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Out of the 115 students who participated in the survey, only two teenagers supported their principal’s decision.
    But muh democracy comrade...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

North Korea did not register any athletes by the deadline, so they have been given some provisional spots. Those few athletes will compete with South Korea as a united Korea. Their women's hockey team is there. They have one man and one woman competing in single's figure skating. They might be up and coming. North Korea will probably do very well in short track speed skating. That seems to be a Korean stronghold and they are tough to beat.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do have stories to share. I went to see the Vancouver Olympics in 2010. I occasionally take trips up to Lake Placid and Park City, Utah where I have gotten luge lessons from USA luge. I have also been curling for 9 years. So Winter Olympic sports are a very big part of my life.

Please share them. I would be happy to hear them.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not best, not fastest, not most graceful, not strongest...just less white.

Trying to make Team USA look more like America

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.7c5401fa7bd1

The U.S. Olympic Committee says it’s taking its most diverse team ever to a Winter Games, an impressive and deserved boast that requires a caveat of sorts.

Yes, USOC officials are pleased the team includes more African Americans and Asian Americans — and even the first two openly gay men — than recent winter squads. But they also realize this year’s U.S. Olympic team, not unlike those of most other nations gathering in PyeongChang this week, is still overwhelmingly white.

“We’re not quite where we want to be,” said Jason Thompson, the USOC’s director of diversity and inclusion. “. . . I think full-on inclusion has always been a priority of Team USA. I think everybody’s always felt it should represent every American.”

Team USA numbers 243 athletes, which is the largest team any nation has sent to a Winter Olympics. Of that group, 10 are African American — 4 percent — and another 10 are Asian American. The rest, by and large, are white. The Winter Games contingent is typically much smaller than its summer counterpart, but the demographic differences are striking. The United States took more than 550 athletes to the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro. Of that group, more than 125 were African American — about 23 percent.

This year’s winter squad includes the first black long-track speedskater — Erin Jackson, who transitioned to the spot from inline skating — as well as the first black hockey player, Jordan Greenway, and first black short-track speedskater, 18-year-old Maame Biney, who moved from Ghana to the Washington area when she was 5 years old.

“It means a lot. I’m just really, really honored to have that title because then that means I get to inspire young African American athletes,” Biney said, “or any other race . . . to try this sport or try any other sport they think they can’t do.”

[U.S. Olympian Maame Biney’s short-track speedskating journey, from Ghana to PyeongChang]

Asian Americans have seven spots on the figure skating team, two in speedskating and another in snowboarding, and five of the American bobsledders competing PyeongChang are African American.

The lack of diversity on the winter teams is certainly not a new issue, and it’s not unique to the United States. But the USOC has identified it as an area for targeted growth. Thompson was hired to his post in 2012, shortly after the job was created, because the USOC saw room for improvement at every level: from athletes and coaches to the officials who run the national governing bodies for each sport and executives who work for the USOC.

“Since that point, we’ve just been trying to find ways to make sure our team looks like America,” he said.
    Why bring the diversity feddish into sport, tho? Traditionally, coaches pick athletes based on their ability. Race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation don't win games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I do have stories to share. I went to see the Vancouver Olympics in 2010. I occasionally take trips up to Lake Placid and Park City, Utah where I have gotten luge lessons from USA luge. I have also been curling for 9 years. So Winter Olympic sports are a very big part of my life.
    Curling and luge are cool sports.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Why bring the diversity feddish into sport, tho? Traditionally, coaches pick athletes based on their ability. Race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation don't win games.
    Not anymore. The advertisers do pay us a lot of money and they control the narrative. As our markets expand we need the advertising to match the changing markets. Well, if we accelerate some trends, so be it. It feels good to be on the right side of the history, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Curling and luge are cool sports.
    Luge is neat. Curling might be fun to play, but it's pretty boring to watch, IMO.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not anymore. The advertisers do pay us a lot of money and they control the narrative. As our markets expand we need the advertising to match the changing markets. Well, if we accelerate some trends, so be it. It feels good to be on the right side of the history, doesn't it?
    Indeed, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Indeed, comrade.
    I always believed grandfather Stalin would prevail.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Organization overturns 28 out of 43 Russian athlete lifetime bans.

Okay, the way I read this is that the The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has said that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) was wrong 28 of 43 times. Eleven suspensions were upheld. Three are pending. One Russian athlete did not appeal.

If so, then being wrong 28 of 43 times is not exactly a great track record.

Article at link.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42901377
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I remember watching this live...

Rippon is a jerk. He was horrible at the US Championships and should not be on the team anyway.
    #NashvilleStrong

Figure skating: Up shortly team event, men's short program. Current US champion Nathan Chen up for the Americans. Pairs short later on. There is a French team that is very interesting. US is capable, but not on the same plane with the Chinese or Europeans.

Freestyle Skiing: Women up first.
    Last edited by euphemia; 02-08-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast