Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Earthing aka Grounding

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Sure liberty is realized and embraced once you walk naked and barefoot and sleep naked on top of dirt in the invigorating cold as did our ancestors. Only consume natural berries, fruits, nuts and you find liberty. You will no longer need any clothing, home, car. True freedom can be realized because the natural man lives in nature and walks the earth. Use logic. See how the animals live and go do likewise. My fear would be that once some neighbor finds out or sees you, you will live as a caged animal and sleep naked on the cement.

Honestly it makes sense. Humans should live as nature intended us to live. I do not think liberty will be found in doing so. I think a person would be deemed insane and perverted. But that doesn't mean that man is correct. I am confident that nature is correct and if we lived as nature intended we would be healthier in body, mind, and spirit.
    You can merge the old with the new.

You don't need to go around exposing yourself like a caveman.

Get a grounding sheet. Circumvent your electrical outlets and ground directly to earth with a grounding rod thru an open or closed window. Your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I think the only thing we really need to do is ground ourselves to the earth. Especially so, overnight for 6-8 hours. I believe this is the crux.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can merge the old with the new.

You don't need to go around exposing yourself like a caveman.

Get a grounding sheet. Circumvent your electrical outlets and ground directly to earth with a grounding rod thru an open or closed window. Your preference.
    No doubt. I am not a speed reader and am only on page 50 or so. If I do not read the old I wouldn't be able to merge it with the new. I just got to the section regarding clothing. He does not recommend leather on the feet. He prefers canvas. Regardless much of what I read makes sense.

Regarding Beds from the PDF book:

"I want to devote a few words in this place to our BEDS. Man passes nearly half his time in bed. In bed he expects to recuperate, to gather strength, and to further his health. A great deal more attention ought therefore to be paid to beds, so that they may be made to conform to the requirements of nature.
    In the first place the bed, also, ought to allow the air to circulate freely. The outside air must mingle freely with the air under the bed-covers, which has become vitiated by the transpiration of the body. The feather-beds of to-day make this mingling of the air exceedingly difficult. Feather-beds ought to be discarded, therefore. Woollen quilts make the best covering. The cover that is next to the body ought to be rather thin, so as to more easily fold itself around the body. The quilts ought to be covered with very porous material. Under such woollen covers the body develops a more agreeable warmth.
    For a mattress the old-fashioned strawtick is most appropriate. Straw enables the air to circulate freely, is very warming, without heating unnaturally. But it would not do to let a straw fall on the carpet of our present-day elegant bed-chambers. Therefore the old- fashioned strawtick will not, presumably, be admitted again.
    But mattresses may also be made of other vegetable material, such as soft seagrass, oat chaff, and the like. Mattresses are best made entirely of wool like the quilts. Horse-hair and wool may be used. Horse-hair will prevent the wool from becoming so matted together from pressure in the course of time as to keep the air from passing through.
    The head should not be raised during sleep by means of pillows, or only very little.
    It is greatly to be recommended to lie entirely naked under the covers (without a shirt). One is much warmer in bed without a shirt than with one."

I have been grounding outside with my feet on the ground quite often and I could have sworn it felt better than the grounding sheet I sleep on that was connected to an interior outlet.

I went about testing that tonight...

So, I measured what voltage I was carrying when I was plugged into an outlet inside. I go from carrying about 2 volts to about .4 volts.

I then tried plugging my grounding sheet directly into the ground, stood on it while inside, and I measured 0 with my voltmeter. So the problem is not with the sheet, it's with the grounding system carrying a small load.

We should probably skip plugging into the outlets in a house and go direct to the source. (A lot of older homes are not even grounded in their outlets)

I would recommend you get this $22 grounding rod that has a 40 foot cord along with whatever grounding sheet you decide on.

https://www.earthing.com/accessories...h-40-cord.html

Plug rod into ground, and you're ready to go to 0.

How do you measure your voltage?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How do you measure your voltage?
    I used a voltmeter and I put the black rod into the ground.

While sheet is inside, plug sheet cord directly into ground. Stand on sheet and hold onto red cable of voltmeter to complete circuit. Turn on voltmeter. Take reading. Should bounce around zero if all is working as it should.

Put black rod into the bottom circular ground plug of outlet to compare. Make sure you have a good connection.

Sleeping on the ground from the PDF:
    "In order to sleep again on the earth it is best to select a nice grass plot; if there is no grass plot at hand, a thin reed matting, such as gardeners use, may be placed on the ground. In that way, of course, the earth power will fall very short of its full effect. Any thicker covering of straw, wool, cloth, or the like, to lie on must not be thought of, for the connection with the earth would in that case be markedly interfered with. No head rest is necessary, for it is of especial benefit for the head to lie on the cool, refreshing earth.
    We must not be discouraged if the first nights spent on the earth should prove uncomfortable.
    I have made the experience that patients, after the first few nights, were actually attracted to their bed on the ground, and strongly refused to tolerate anything under them. In rainy nights I was often concerned about having the patients come into the huts to sleep, so that the quilts should not get so wet, but it was with difficulty that I could induce the sick people to leave the ground. Soon, also, the hardness of lying on the ground is no longer felt. Nor need we fear that the earth is too cold nights to lie on entirely naked under covers; we shall only experience the sensation of a delightful coolness. Some perspire more easily lying on the ground than in a bed. Of course, beginners and those persons who have not yet regained sufficient animal heat through a natural mode of life, can only lie naked on the ground under covers in warm Summer nights, or in very mild or not too cold Spring and Autumn nights in our climate.
    During the first nights one generally sleeps worse on the ground than formerly in bed. After that, and sometimes even in cases of protracted and obstinate insomnia, a long, exceedingly refreshing and strengthening sleep will set in, which state of affairs will last for some time. But generally most persons will soon begin to sleep less and less, sometimes only from one to two hours, and the less they sleep nights lying on the ground, the brighter, fresher and stronger will they feel the next day. I myself have not slept a wink for weeks at a time on the ground, but during that period I never felt the least discomfort or trouble of any kind, as was formerly the case in sleepless nights during my long and severe nervous suffering while lying in a bed. On the contrary, those nights were particularly delightful and free from ennui, and during the day I was never so entirely without any trace of weariness and languor, and I never felt more refreshed than at that time."

Slept totally grounded last night. Don't plug into electrical outlets, get a grounding rod.

You're missing out.

Everyday I have been going out and working on my yard barefoot. I don't know yet if it is psychosomatic but my sciatic pain that I have had since November has been slowly disappearing and I feel great! I am going to continue this because I think grounding truly has been helping.

Another interesting thing; since I have been doing this I have not gotten shocks from my vehicle as I had been or laundry coming out of the dryer.

Thanks Josh for bringing this information to my attention.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bump
    Last edited by Schifference; 05-17-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Guess this explains why swimming in the river is so exhilarating...

I seriously doubt the Ozarks would have been settled without boots, the natural state of the ground is not user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I seriously doubt the Ozarks would have been settled without boots, the natural state of the ground is not user friendly.
    My understanding from reading the PDF book "Return to Nature" is that the body doesn't like to be totally submerged for any length of time. We were not intended to be in the water. Also according to the book it doesn't seem like it matters about the terrain or water or cold as far as going barefoot. Man was born and intended to go thru life barefoot and naked. Supposedly people can go barefoot even during winter months except for maybe the harshest 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Boots are ok.

Leather soles are fairly conductive when it has a small amount of moisture. Our feet sweat more than most parts of our body.

It's also a field, not an on/off switch.

Most shoes nowadays do not have leather soles and we also stopped sleeping on the ground.

Going barefoot would be extreme to most nowadays. It's not really necessary imo. People should just ground overnight and they'll get more than enough benefit without needing to change their lifestyles.

I remember reading about this some years ago... it does make you feel good

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I used a "make a plug" and only attached a wire to the ground post and stripped enough wire to make a "ring" or "bracelet" on the other end for when I am sitting around or sleeping.

Note: Do not touch a live wire if you are grounding with a homemade wire or you are toast. Online products you can buy have resistors in them that prevent you from being at risk. - JL
    Am surprised you beat Donnay to it.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Am surprised you beat Donnay to it.
    I was surprised I didn't see anything about it here already.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have utilized soil cement in the past. Maybe I should scrap the entire concept of a wood floor and have a soil cement floor.
    Finish soil cement with linseed oil and it will repel liquids.

I would recommend you get this $22 grounding rod that has a 40 foot cord along with whatever grounding sheet you decide on.

https://www.earthing.com/accessories...h-40-cord.html

Plug rod into ground, and you're ready to go to 0.

The video shows a plug being put into the end of the cord. Is that the sort of plug that is found on these grounding sheets?

I saw some grounding rods the other day at wholesale pricing.

You can ground overnight and essentially fight inflammation for 7-8 hours of the day.

Silver threaded sheets plug into your electrical outlet. It sounds nuts, but got my mom an earthing sheet and after 3 days her hip pain disappeared.
    What do you mean, plug sheets into an outlet? What do you do with those sheets?

Pretty fascinating stuff. I've been grounding for about 5 or 6 weeks. Improved mood, less inflammation, and less pain in joints.

I recently got a deep gash on my hand. After 24 hours it had sealed up completely and there was zero pain when pressing on the site of injury.

Z e r o.

Lance Armstrong's Tour de France team would ground overnight to improve their physical performance and heal from road rash injuries faster. Time link to before and after photos of 5 day old injury.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZIZ5UUoOE&t=2m17s

Double the yield in grounded potted jalepeno plants. Done in a study by Brown University.
    https://browntia.files.wordpress.com...iam-gasner.pdf

Evidently it thins your blood and circulation is improved.
    https://file.scirp.org/pdf/JCDSA_2014111211461709.pdf

Good little documentary (15 minutes) with Dr. Mercola.

Dr. Mercola has said that he grounds for 95% of the day.

Lots of good studies: https://www.groundology.co.uk/scientific-research
    If one hasn't grounded before, where is a good place to start? Walk barefoot on grass for 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    What do you mean, plug sheets into an outlet? What do you do with those sheets?
    They just plug into the grounded plug on the outlet, not all 3.

If you aren't grounding, you are missing out and probably in pain bump.

If one hasn't grounded before, where is a good place to start? Walk barefoot on grass for 15 minutes?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN3kho_Yvro&t=45m19s

I live in Connecticut. Presently the temperature is plunging from 60 yesterday to single digits tomorrow. Been Raining all morning and windy. Temperature is about 30 now with 15 mile an hour wind. This would be a good time to get naked and go walk outside for about half hour.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great time to go grounding naked. Light Snow 30° Feel Like 19° Winds NW 15 mph

Healthy fat hidden in dirt may fend off anxiety disorders

10(Z)-hexadecenoic acid, a fatty acid found in the soil based bacterium Mycobacterium vaccae, interacts with immune cells to inhibit pathways that drive inflammation and increases resilience to stress. Researchers say the findings could bring us one step closer to developing a microbe-based “stress vaccine”.

https://neurosciencenews.com/dirt-fat-anxiety-14108/

I live in Connecticut. Presently the temperature is plunging from 60 yesterday to single digits tomorrow. Been Raining all morning and windy. Temperature is about 30 now with 15 mile an hour wind. This would be a good time to get naked and go walk outside for about half hour.
    I can do barefoot, but can't manage the naked bit in my neighborhood.

I can do barefoot, but can't manage the naked bit in my neighborhood.

I'm guessing your neighbors would thank you for that.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-02-2020 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Typo
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This is probably something important to look into, especially once "experimental" and untested 5G is rolled out. Being a stand alone beacon for the absorption of those millimeter waves, without any effort to dissipate the effects through grounding, isn't going to end well for most people.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-03-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: better wording
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast