Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Former Vegan girl made 2 critical mistakes that was destroying her health

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    farmers can defend crops against wildlife without regular hunting permits and there is no obligation to use the meat

adults babies, doesn't matter... in the field shoot it dead

in my valley alone about a half dozen black bear are killed each year to protect less than a square mile of corn.
    oh i never knew about that.. so basically youre saying that even all vegan diets contribute to cruelty to animals...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Most likely they hunted walrus for the contents of their stomachs, but discarded the carcass as eating it would be cruel.
    The natives a bit further south used to hunt moose; they would eat the contents of the rumen, which was mostly grass humans couldn't otherwise eat. The rumen breaks it down enough for humans to digest. They also had 1,000 uses for the fat.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    farmers can defend crops against wildlife without regular hunting permits and there is no obligation to use the meat

adults babies, doesn't matter... in the field shoot it dead

in my valley alone about a half dozen black bear are killed each year to protect less than a square mile of corn.
    Every time they turn the soil, potentially hundreds of small animals/rodents are killed, more if it is a very large plot. Plus all the animals killed when the land was cleared, and all the animals that won't live because they don't have a habitat.

Vegans kill a larger quantity of animals eating grains than paleos do eating grass fed beef.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    But they still are being supplemented, so there's no need to feel bothered that you had to supplement with B12 when you were a vegetarian. I rather take a cheap B12 supplement than slaughter more animals than necessary.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

oh so thats why the ravens and vultures circle when they plough!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

On topic, please.
    Why are you so intent on avoiding this? You are the one that brought up taking B12 as being better than slaughtering more animals unnecessarily. It's really not that far "off topic" and I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't mind (edit: oops I guess this is your thread.. but I'll still judge you for avoiding)
    Last edited by dannno; 03-18-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why are you so intent on avoiding this? You are the one that brought up taking B12 as being better than slaughtering more animals unnecessarily. It's really not that far "off topic" and I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't mind.
    Start another thread if you want to discuss that.

Did you figure out the 2nd mistake that former vegan girl made?

Well it seems pretty clear from the article that another mistake she made was not eating or supplementing vitamin K2, but then there is also the issue of iron.. not sure if either of those are the big second mistake that girls especially have a hard time with, I know girls lose a lot of iron on a monthly basis.. but that has already been mentioned several times. K2 wasn't mentioned, but I don't know why girls would have a harder time with that then vegan guys.

The doctor mentioned
    vitamin A, taurine, retinol, beta carotene, vitamin D, omega fatty acids

Well it seems pretty clear from the article that another mistake she made was not eating or supplementing vitamin K2
    Why would a vegan need to supplement with K2 when vegans get way more Vitamin K than meat eaters?

The doctor mentioned...vitamin D
    If she was low in D (not uncommon for vegans and most people in general in the U.S.), then she was making 3 critical mistakes.

Do you think she wasn't eating enough food?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Every time they turn the soil, potentially hundreds of small animals/rodents are killed, more if it is a very large plot. Plus all the animals killed when the land was cleared, and all the animals that won't live because they don't have a habitat.

Vegans kill a larger quantity of animals eating grains than paleos do eating grass fed beef.
    oh wow.. I never knew that either.. so basically just the act of tilling the soil kills animals... damn and the hunting is on TOP of this... thats completely crazy that a vegan diet would kill more animals than an animal based diet... I dont think many vegans are aware of this... If they were they might switch to eating meat.

We have to let EVERYONE know about this!

Do you think she wasn't eating enough food?
    Dannno gets it!

Her second critical mistake was she wasn't eating enough on her vegan diet and that helped led to her health falling apart.
    Last edited by farreri; 03-18-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Dannno gets it!

Her second critical mistake was she wasn't eating enough on her vegan diet and that helped led to her health falling apart.
    Of course, I never questioned why I was constantly hungry. Why 2 veggie burgers, a giant raw vegetable salad, and a bowl of nuts, couldn’t keep me full longer than 2 hours. It was exhausting, physically painful, and tedious trying to keep myself fed

Also about the cows and B12 injections..

Cows get their B12 from cobalt found while eating greens in the pasture.

Some soil is deficient in cobalt, according to studies, but MOST cattle are deficient in eating healthy grass, fed grains, and would thus need B12 supplementation.

I don't think grass fed cattle would need these injections unless the soil is extremely deficient in cobalt, which exists in some places but I don't think is normal.

I think production is higher in places where there is healthy bacteria in the soil.

constantly hungry + low in iron = wasn't eating enough

Chester Copperpot

constantly hungry + low in iron = wasn't eating enough
    she could have eaten tons of food and she still would have died from malabsorption of synthetic B-12. Thank goodness she had animal flesh as an option to save her life.

Also about the cows and B12 injections..

Cows get their B12 from cobalt found while eating greens in the pasture.

Some soil is deficient in cobalt, according to studies, but MOST cattle are deficient in eating healthy grass, fed grains, and would thus need B12 supplementation.

I don't think grass fed cattle would need these injections unless the soil is extremely deficient in cobalt, which exists in some places but I don't think is normal.

I think production is higher in places where there is healthy bacteria in the soil.
    I think a lot of cattle ranchers take the grass from their pastures and turn it into hay instead of letting the cows in the pasture, eat the grass, stomp the soil, poop in the soil and create healthy soil for next year.

Bison certainly didn't need B12 injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    she could have eaten tons of food and she still would have died from malabsorption of synthetic B-12.
    I take synthetic B12 and it raises my levels. Vegan Durianrider takes synthetic B12 and it raises his levels. There a dozen other vegan youtubers like him who take synthetic B12 and they show their tests which shows it raises their levels. Tasha didn't have an absorption problem with B12. Either she had a problem with not taking enough of that supplement, or she accidentally bought a shoddy brand.

You just can't get over the fact that she did her vegan diet wrong. Fyi, personal responsibility is a tenet of Libertarianism.

"Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make."
    https://www.lp.org/platform#1.0

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some people just want the truth.
    Some people can't handle the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    It's true. Some people can't handle that she was doing her vegan diet wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I don't really mind if ferreri promotes vegetarianism, pescatariansim, plant-centric diets, veganism, whatever.. It's all potentially much better than the SAD if done correctly, with the right supplements and a bit of effort.. but the fact is most people really aren't willing to put in that effort to educate themselves and get all the right supplements and make sure they are getting enough of everything they need. Even with all the effort I had put into it, as much as it benefited me for quite some time I still didn't feel it was optimal once I switched to a paleo-centric diet.

What I have an issue with is that they attack all 'meat based' diets as they call them as being unheatlhy when I see paleo-centric diets as Vegetarian 2.0 - it also takes a lot less effort to be paleo. All you have to do is learn what grains and starches are, what items have a lot of them and largely avoid them or eat them in moderate amounts on the whole. Then go for some good vegetables, greens, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, some wild, grass-fed or pastured meats, fish, shellfish, eggs, bone-in roasts and make sure to eat some berries and a little fruit... maybe some nuts.

Even with all the effort I had put into it, as much as it benefited me for quite some time I still didn't feel it was optimal once I switched to a paleo-centric diet.
    Because from the differences you mentioned, better energy and muscle tone, you were probably making the same mistake Tasha did on your plant diet.

What I have an issue with is that they attack all 'meat based' diets as they call them as being unheatlhy when I see paleo-centric diets as Vegetarian 2.0 - it also takes a lot less effort to be paleo.
    The basic effort for plant based diets:

1) take B12
    2) take Vitamin D (as most meat eaters need to do too.)
    3) don't under eat

Chester Copperpot

I take synthetic B12 and it raises my levels. Vegan Durianrider takes synthetic B12 and it raises his levels. There a dozen other vegan youtubers like him who take synthetic B12 and they show their tests which shows it raises their levels. Tasha didn't have an absorption problem with B12. Either she had a problem with not taking enough of that supplement, or she accidentally bought a shoddy brand.

You just can't get over the fact that she did her vegan diet wrong. Fyi, personal responsibility is a tenet of Libertarianism.

"Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make."
    https://www.lp.org/platform#1.0
    Its most likely she has an issue with her intrinsic factor and doesn't absorb synthetic B12 well. You can take all the supplements you want.. some people just don't absorb them well. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for others. If your diet requires a bunch of synthetics, then I would consider that there is a problem with such a diet plan.

Your synthetic B12 will never be better than B12 found naturally in food regardless of what a blood test shows. The B12 found naturally in food is a complete vitamin; the synthetic is a fractionated vitamin.

Start another thread if you want to discuss that.

Did you figure out the 2nd mistake that former vegan girl made?
    She avoided animal-derived, fat-soluble vitamins.
    Synthetic D is a neurotoxin that makes people hyper, angry, and morbidly obtuse.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Its most likely she has an issue with her intrinsic factor and doesn't absorb synthetic B12 well. You can take all the supplements you want.. some people just don't absorb them well.
    Your friend durianrider claims he has a problem with intrinsic factor and has to take B12 shots and it works for him, so no logical reason to believe it wouldn't work for Tasha if she really has that problem.

If your diet requires a bunch of synthetics, then I would consider that there is a problem with such a diet plan.
    How many is a bunch?

Your synthetic B12 will never be better than B12 found naturally in food regardless of what a blood test shows. The B12 found naturally in food is a complete vitamin; the synthetic is a fractionated vitamin.
    You should preface statements like this with "It is my opinion that..." unless you have scientific proof of some of your questionable claims.
    Last edited by farreri; 03-19-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Got to love humor!

Synthetic D is a neurotoxin that makes people hyper, angry, and morbidly obtuse.
    Dannno be careful, Isaac Bickerstaff says you're going to become hyper, angry, and morbidly obtuse.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's true. Some people can't handle that she was doing her vegan diet wrong.
    I was just wise-cracking on Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson

Great movie.

I'm mostly vegetarian but eat a little sashimi here and there and dig on eggs a couple of times a week. I don't care for cow milk but will drink goat milk more often once I get my goat here. Anyway, my point was going to be that after a year on this"diet" I don't feel any better or worse and only lost a little at first and leveled off. I felt and looked better when I ate meats and cut the pasta and cereals out. I just don't like the taste of meat anymore.

Chester Copperpot

Your friend durianrider claims he has a problem with intrinsic factor and has to take B12 shots and it works for him, so logical reason to believe it wouldn't work for Tasha if she really has that problem.
    She obviously was taking B12 tablets and not getting injections. You are correct that injections probably would have sufficed for her, however its still not a complete vitamin like the B12 found in food. The fact that this girl solved her problem by eating meat shows the B12 in the food is of a superior nature than those cheap tablets you say you use.

How many is a bunch?
    Depends on the nutrients involved, but in this case of B12, one nutrient not being absorbed is enough to kill this lady.

You should preface statements like this with "It is my opinion that..." unless you have scientific proof of some of your questionable claims.
    Its a fact. The fact remains this girl was able to assimilate Vitamin B12 when she ate it naturally in meat. She was unable to assimilate B12 from tablets. This proves my claim.

Chester Copperpot

Definitely some good nutrition in animal fat. When the animal is raised and fed properly of course.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast